The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My top 5 old school kung fu flicks!

3 posters

Go down

My top 5 old school kung fu flicks! Empty My top 5 old school kung fu flicks!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:47 pm

After watching the amazing movie THE RAID I have decided to make a top 5 kung fu list. These are the old school films that I grew up on. Back in the days of VHS cassettes that I used to purchase for £1 every saturday at my local video store (remember them).

As a kid I must have watched hundreds of these movies and left behind a legacy of broken plant pots and tables trying to impersonate the moves such as Eagles claw, shoulin technique, drunken style, prying mantis, sleeping monk and many more. Alas for me as the number of broken plant pots and general house hold funiture items increased my mum would show me a few kung fu moves of her own.

This is a tribute to companies such as Golden harvest and Seasonal films that distributed such classics. This is also a thank you to great actors such as Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Yuen Siu Tien ( Jackie Chans teacher in Drunken master) Samo Hung, Hwang Jang Lee, Donnie Yen and many more...

5) Warriors 2
4)Invincible armour
3)1 armed boxer
2)Snake in the Eagles shadow
1)Mystery of chess boxing.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

My top 5 old school kung fu flicks! Empty Re: My top 5 old school kung fu flicks!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:42 am

j

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

My top 5 old school kung fu flicks! Empty Re: My top 5 old school kung fu flicks!

Post by superflyweight Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Haven't seen any of those, onetwo. Probably would go with

Enter the Dragon
Way of the Dragon
Police Story
Police Story 2
Sergeant Kabukiman (not really kung-fu but inspired by it)

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:41 pm

Shaolin Temple
Snake and the eagle shadow - absolute classic
Drunken master
Enter/Dragon
Snake and Monkey shadow

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down