The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve King sacked

5 posters

Go down

Steve King sacked Empty Steve King sacked

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:18 pm

Shocking news by Maccesfield. He did a class job.

He should return to my local club Lewes in the Ryman prem, were a disaster atm!!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Steve King sacked Empty Re: Steve King sacked

Post by GSC Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:21 pm

Lord of the Lewes: Return of the King
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:25 pm

tbf he returned last season for 6 months, had us in the play offs and then got sacked for "Undisclosed reasons" and mutual consent. He wanted to move up north i think for family reasons. So i doubt he will return, but his record at Lewes is amazing.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:24 pm

Didn't do a 'class job' at Macc at all!
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 22 Apr 2013, 5:20 pm

From what I've heard on the grapevines the books aren't looking particularly good during his tenure.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 22 Apr 2013, 9:41 pm

So You can add Macc town to the join Lewes and Farnbrough in the list of clubs, King has taken every penny out of.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 18 Jun 2013, 12:09 pm

It was worse than previously thought during King's reign;

Macclesfield Town have revealed they need £50,000 by the end of July to continue running after they ended last season £500,000 in debt.

Cheshire East Council have already handed the club £285,000 for the freehold of the Moss Rose ground.

The department of Business, Innovation and Skills says Community Interest Companies (CICS) are limited companies, with special additional features, created for the use of people who want to conduct a business or other activity for community benefit, and not purely for private advantage.

Associate director Andy Scott says without those funds they were close to being issued with a winding-up order.

The Silkmen recently announced they will become a Community Interest Company as they restructure the club.

At a fans forum held at the Moss Rose it was stated that as well as the funds needed before the end of July they will also require another £50,000 by the end of August.

Following their relegation from League Two, which ended a 15-year stay in the Football League, Macclesfield finished 11th in the Conference Premier last season and also reached the fourth round of the FA Cup for the first time in their history.

However, manager Steve King was sacked towards the end of the campaign and John Askey and Efe Sodje were recently appointed as the new management team.

Former chairman Mike Rance and Andy Scott will be part of the new CIC board along with present owner Amar Alkadhi.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 18 Jun 2013, 12:27 pm

Steve King strikes again I see. He did the exact same thing when he moved up North the first time around when he was at Northwich for a couple of months. He spent a hell of a lot of money moving players from the south that you would consider his regulars. Following relegation, they've never really recovered and have been going backwards for years now e.g. getting kicked out of leagues... Living and working close to Macc I look out for their results and looking at the signings last season it was a real eye opener, even with the cup money the expenses on wages had to be higher than when they were in league 2! Shocked

Now, I can't help but feel that the appointment of John Askey was the cheap option, I know he's worked in a few roles at the club over the years but with the current financial situation it's really understandable. Plus it's nice to see Sodje's back! I hope they manage to sort out their money problems and return to the football league in the next couple of seasons.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down