The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarlets V Glasgow

+42
Jhamer25
jebus
Artful_Dodger
thebluesmancometh
LordDowlais
reallybored
MacKnocked-on
Steffan
tigertattie
LeinsterFan4life
GLove39
mikey_philVIII
wales606
bsando
cakeordeath
glamorganalun
TJ1
NeilyBroon
Pat_Mustard
UlstermaninGlasgow
Kingshu
geoff998rugby
Captain_Sensible
Tattie Scones RRN
Luckless Pedestrian
pioden gorllewin
InjuredYetAgain
funnyExiledScot
alexgmacdonald
Jenifer McLadyboy
DrTreasure
Taffineastbourne
2ndtimeround
ScarletSpiderman
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
IanBru
21st Century Schizoid Man
sensisball
George Carlin
VinceWLB
jimbopip
46 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Scarlets V Glasgow  Empty Scarlets V Glasgow

Post by jimbopip Sun 7 Apr 2013 - 10:39

Ciao Juve, I've been away and the boards seem quiet as regards the Warriors so let's get started. Very much a must win for the Scarlet Women. Although four points may not even put them fourth. Whereas even an LBP will keep the Warriors in the top three. As for team selection, assuming everyone is fit ( where's UIG when you need him?) I'D start with
1.Grant
2. WeePee
3.Angela, although Muzza made a huge difference when he came on against the former Irish giants at Scotstoun.
4. Big Al
5. Swinson who seems to be betting better all the time
6. Bluto if we want to attack them from the off Harley if we want to take the sting out of them and then bring on Bluto
7. Barclay wears the jersey till he leaves just so we can appreciate him
8. Wilson
9. Niko/Henry same logic as 6
10. got to start with Rhurarb after Munster 51
11. DTH
12. Hornee furra Linee
13. Dunbar
14. NoMaits
15 Lion in Waiting
Murchie, Schlong and the Messiah can all feel hard done by OR could all play. If we come close to replicating the second 40 against Munster 51 then we will pocket 5 pts. If we reproduce the first 40 it could be a long, frustrating night.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Scarlets V Glasgow  Empty Re: Scarlets V Glasgow

Post by VinceWLB Sun 7 Apr 2013 - 11:30

This is the game i'm really looking forward to, make or break game for both teams as i think this game will decide whether or not Glasgow get a home semi and Scarlets get a top 4 spot.

I hope this is the game we see the return of big Mike Cusack.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 7 Apr 2013 - 11:45

Jimbo - we really need to make a conscious effort to stop using nicknames on these threads. At least for one game.

Hopefully Gorgeous George's head will be elsewhere with all the blazered BachBumfertie nonsense eminating from the WRU and in his confusion and upset decide not to try and score his customary brace against us. We really need to match the Scarlets backs for speed and keep a close eye on S. Williams and J. Davies, both of whom looked sharp as shoite against the Dragons. Was also impressed with Owen Williams.

It's the pack that will win this one for Glasgow. In particular, if Big Mike is back, then Phil John will have to bring his finest asbestos underpants.

It could be quite a high scoring game, this one. One thing is for sure - the team that Scarlets beat earlier this season is now long gone and a leaner, stronger, meaner Glasgow animal will be what turns up in Carmarthenshire on Friday.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 7 Apr 2013 - 12:00

[quote="George Carlin"]Jimbo - we really need to make a conscious effort to stop using nicknames on these threads. At least for one game.

Hopefully Gorgeous George's picard picard picard
Apart from which, if Coosack is available it makes the competition for places unbelievable.
The only concern I have is that a Glasgow win means so long and thanks for all the Larva Bread for the Scarlet Women Scarlets V Glasgow  3559488474 and an LBP keeps us in the top three so they might be a little hungrier than us. However, they really need a WBP and that might mean a more open high risk strategy from them at which point lets see three more interceptions and sprinter Barclay running in from halfway again.
If we treat this as the one to get us a home semi then we can smash them. After Munster 51 we should fear no-one.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by sensisball Sun 7 Apr 2013 - 12:02

Althought the Warriors second half against Munster looked amazing it has to be balanced with the fact that the men in red simply dissapeared from the game after about 50.

The weege should have more than an edge up front, particulalry at the scrum and should be able to dominate the lineout. I would start Pyrgos to give a bit more of a pattern to our early play and then bring Niko on once the holes start to appear.

Still think Dunar and Bennett are the best centre pairing but will probably see SLamont against his former team again wearing 13, with Dunbar at 12.

Will be interesting to see if Glasgow's defence copes better with the Scarlets backs than last time (fingers crossed!)

sensisball

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 7 Apr 2013 - 12:06

[quote="jimbopip"]
George Carlin wrote:Jimbo - we really need to make a conscious effort to stop using nicknames on these threads. At least for one game.

Hopefully Gorgeous George's Scarlets V Glasgow  429063825 Scarlets V Glasgow  429063825 Scarlets V Glasgow  429063825

It's a fair cop.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Sun 7 Apr 2013 - 15:34

I'd go for:

1. Grant
2. MacArthur
3. Welsh
4. Kellock
5. Swinson
6. Strauss
7. Barclay
8. Wilson
9. Matawalu
10. Weir
11. Van Der Merwe
12. Dunbar
13. Bennett
14. Maitland
15. Hogg

16. Reid
17. Hall
18. Low
19. Ryder
20. Harley
21. Pyrgos
22. Jackson
23. Lamont

I'd pick Weir over Jackson because he's more consistent and can control the game better, I'd put Jackson on midway through the second-half as the game opens up, Bennett and Dunbar work very well together although I wouldn't mind if Horne or Lamont was picked.

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 7 Apr 2013 - 17:10

Numbers Peter Horne is on fire right now -2013 - he must start. Otherwise good selection mate. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sun 7 Apr 2013 - 17:51

It's a ridiculous situation to be in, having to choose which one of Dunbar, Horne and Bennett NOT to start - all three are talented attackers, solid defenders, in good form, and all three can play 12 and 13. Amazing that we don't Lamont doesn't even enter into the equation!

For me, it has to be 12) Horne; 13) Dunbar; 23) Bennett, although a shout could be made for Lamont on the bench.

It has occurred to me that if we beat Scarlets, we'll be guaranteed a playoff spot - we would be between 12 and 14 points ahead of Scarlets, with a maximum 10 still available.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 7 Apr 2013 - 18:29

sensisball wrote:Althought the Warriors second half against Munster looked amazing it has to be balanced with the fact that the men in red simply dissapeared from the game after about 50.

The weege should have more than an edge up front, particulalry at the scrum and should be able to dominate the lineout. I would start Pyrgos to give a bit more of a pattern to our early play and then bring Niko on once the holes start to appear.

Still think Dunar and Bennett are the best centre pairing but will probably see SLamont against his former team again wearing 13, with Dunbar at 12.

Will be interesting to see if Glasgow's defence copes better with the Scarlets backs than last time (fingers crossed!)
Sensi, I'm with you and would prob start with Henry at 9 - I think a bit more control with ball in hand might be a good thing against the Scarlets, altho having said that, Niko's unpredictability has its pluses too.

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 7 Apr 2013 - 18:49

We have to start with Niko. So much of our best stuff starts with his breaks.

I don't think we need order. Chaos seems to suit us so much better. zen
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 7 Apr 2013 - 19:03

Prob true, GC, just need to have confidence in the best XV (plus VIII) and let them have at it

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 10:27

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Prob true, GC, just need to have confidence in the best XV (plus VIII) and let them have at it
Erm
ASBO, I agree totally with your sentiment but I'm totally nonplussed as to which is our best XV(plusVIII). With the possible exceptions of Wilson at 8, DTH and Maitland 11 &14 and Hogg at 15 then there are at least two candidates for every jersey. Actually, I would argue that behind the scrum the range of alternatives is positively bewildering. e.g. Niko reminds me of Campese in the way you never can predict what he will do next and often acts as a catalyst for the rest of the backs. BUT in many other respects Pyrgos is a better scrum half, crisper, flatter pass, better game management. The Wee Dunkie/Rhubarb debate shows no signs of being resolved as both are playing near the top of their game and both bring a lot to the side. Then pick any two of ; Murchie, Horne(21st is right he is on fire), Messiah, Dunbar, SLamont.
I have no idea which is the best XV but it must be admitted that Toonie is doing much better than most of us hoped for and let's hope he picks the right XV on Friday.
OK

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 11:31

I think the Scarlets will be feilding a team along the lines of

Owen, North, Davies, S Williams, L Williams, O Williams, A Davies;
R Jones, Owens, Adriaanse, Earle, Snyman, Shingler, Turnbull, McCusker
(Rees, John, Lee, Timani, D Thomas, G Davies, A Thomas, Maule)

And to be honest if we can keep playing the offload game we played against the Dragons I think we could be looking at a bp win for the victors and a 2bp loss (under 7 with 4 trys) for the losers. I really think it is going to end up that open a game.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 12:37

Thank you Scarletspidey, for confirming my suspicion that the Scarlet Women Scarlets V Glasgow  3559488474 will be needing a five point win and will look for an open game. Should be a joy to watch. Possibly means Matawalloo to start for the Warriors and create havoc in broken play. Also the idea of the likes of Hogg, North and DTH counterattacking is quite something.
Still think that on current form we will confirm our play off place and hammer another nail in yours.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 12:40

Am slightly worried about our midfield.
Davies, S Williams is probably the form combo in the league at the moment.

I think that we need Horne and Dunbar for their pace and experience.

Nobody apart from Visser has scored more than Fenby this season either. SS - is he injured? He's not in your lineup? chin
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 12:46

Jimbopip, to be honest your current form should not really hamper our chances, providing we can pick up a LBP (even better if it were 2, or a win) we should be ok, as you have the Ospreys next week and hopefully you be able to put a nail in their coffin for us.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 13:38

Expecting a good game Friday and if the season ticket holders do a good job of selling £10 friends and family tickets we could also have a crowd worthy of been the 16th man.
SS
I would expect a team similar to the one you have but would prefer to see Sanjay at 15, Fenby at 11 with G Owen on the bench instead of A Thomas. I would also have Kelly on the bench instead of D Thomas.
Glasgow look dangerous on the break and I think Sanjay is stronger defensively and with Fenby's try scoring record this year he has to start for me.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 13:42

I hope that Maule gets on to show the Scarlets what they will be missing after he leaves for Ireland.I wish him well;a seriously underrated player who happened to be a foot too short and three stones too light for International honours for Wales.He was pretty darn good for the Dragons.I wish him well.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 13:56

2ndtimeround wrote:Expecting a good game Friday and if the season ticket holders do a good job of selling £10 friends and family tickets we could also have a crowd worthy of been the 16th man.

That is the first I have heard of anything like that, have the been sent out recently?

If we can get a good crowd in then that should help gee up the boys on the pitch
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 14:00

Taffineastbourne wrote:I hope that Maule gets on to show the Scarlets what they will be missing after he leaves for Ireland.I wish him well;a seriously underrated player who happened to be a foot too short and three stones too light for International honours for Wales.He was pretty darn good for the Dragons.I wish him well.

Maule is one of those really unfortunate players. He is a really good centre, and IMO should have been capped by Wales long ago, and probably before S Williams. I believe he is really respected by the management, players and fans. If he does end up leaving for Munster, then I have a feeling he will do pretty well out there, and quickly become a fan/management/squad favourite too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 14:15

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
2ndtimeround wrote:Expecting a good game Friday and if the season ticket holders do a good job of selling £10 friends and family tickets we could also have a crowd worthy of been the 16th man.

That is the first I have heard of anything like that, have the been sent out recently?

If we can get a good crowd in then that should help gee up the boys on the pitch

Once again the club are doing a poor job of promoting an offer, I spotted it on Scarlet Fever so looked for it n the website.
Its a shame its not pushed more as if every season ticket holder sold just 2 tickets the game would be close to sold out, I doubt we'll get over 8k at the moment though.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 14:29

2nd time, sadly we are not the best at getting the message across to fans etc. That said we hardly had a full house when we did the 2 free tickets for each season ticket holder (tigers in the LV=?), or even the £5 tickets against Clermont in the HEC. Sad really.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 14:48

They did not get all the mailings out on the 2 free tickets offer either though, I didn't recieve the voucher that was needed although my brother who has the ticket next to mine did.
It is so easy to promote things thee days through things like Facbook and Twitter and surely it cant be that expensive to use the local press and rado stations.
I do worry about the drection the club is taking in relation to how it treats the fans which after all are the customer base for the buisness.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 14:51

2ndtimeround wrote:They did not get all the mailings out on the 2 free tickets offer either though, I didn't recieve the voucher that was needed although my brother who has the ticket next to mine did.
It is so easy to promote things thee days through things like Facbook and Twitter and surely it cant be that expensive to use the local press and rado stations.
I do worry about the drection the club is taking in relation to how it treats the fans which after all are the customer base for the buisness.

But when you register for a season ticket you give them your bleeding email address and phone number. They seem to remember that when advertising bleeding darts or some pop music event, but not when advertising rugby. Very poor indeed.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 16:26

This could be a cracker right enough. A note of caution though - we need a steady start and not to go nuts from ko. We also need to believe we can win and not stand around watching North and co run around like we did in th efirst 40 v Munster. If we can replicate the 2nd 40 v Munster there are few teams anywhere that could live with that level of commitment and intensity allied to speed and skill . C'mon The Warriors Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by DrTreasure Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 16:45

Really looking forward to this game. Scarlets can be a very entertaining open field team and have scored some of the best team tries in recent years against a Glasgow who are playing superb, attcking confident rugby. Really hope the Warriors win as I reckon a home semi is going to be vital for getting to the final.

Do people really feel Horne has been that "on fire"? He has had some great moments this season and is a good player but I thought he was very quiet against Munster, struggled to get involved and I've seen him miss a few tackles against direct running centres when playing inside centre this year. I feel Dunbar brings more at the moment in the 12 position, is very solid in defence and would like to see him get more game time there.

I hope we stick with Barclay, Strauss and Wilson in the backrow as this is a really great combination that any team would struggle to cope with.

DrTreasure

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 17:19

C'maaaan Scarlets. We need you to win this one for us. We are depending on you to get a home semi. If you do we promise to beat the Ospreys in the RDS to get you into the playoffs.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 18:06

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:C'maaaan Scarlets. We need you to win this one for us. We are depending on you to get a home semi. If you do we promise to beat the Ospreys in the RDS to get you into the playoffs.

Realistically the team that gets the better away result out of Leinster and Glasgow this weekend will finish Second, I believe Ulster will take 1st comfortably and finish on 80 points. if neither team get at least a LBP then the door will be wide open for the Ospreys to turn over both teams and secure 2nd themselves.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 18:52

DrT would you then go Dunbar-SLamont rather than Hornee-Dunbar? More solid defensively but not too cutting edge. Why not bring back Morrison while you are at it?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by DrTreasure Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 19:03

jimbopip wrote:DrT would you then go Dunbar-SLamont rather than Hornee-Dunbar? More solid defensively but not too cutting edge. Why not bring back Morrison while you are at it?

I think that is a bit of a leap and not implied in my post. I have been pleased with the movement away from Morrison and don't see the need for a backward step. I thought Lamont was better than Horne against Munster but also acknowledge Horne's talent in previous matches and would rather Lamont stopped playing 13. I would probably look at the centre partnership against the Dragons and give Bennet another start, they were as cutting edge that day as I have seen in a long time from 2 centres.

DrTreasure

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 19:07

Jimbo, poor old morri is a water boy now. Still he did no bad v Cardiff recently when he came on as a late replacement. Still should be Horne Dunbar with schlong(sorry gc) benching Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 19:23

2ndtimeround wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:C'maaaan Scarlets. We need you to win this one for us. We are depending on you to get a home semi. If you do we promise to beat the Ospreys in the RDS to get you into the playoffs.

Realistically the team that gets the better away result out of Leinster and Glasgow this weekend will finish Second, I believe Ulster will take 1st comfortably and finish on 80 points. if neither team get at least a LBP then the door will be wide open for the Ospreys to turn over both teams and secure 2nd themselves.

To be honest I think however picks up the most point off Glasgow out of the Scarlets and Ospreys will make the playoffs and the other will end up regretting missed bonus points.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 19:48

SS.
I'm still hoping for a miracle,
Scarlets to win all 3 with 2 tbp
Glasgow to lose the next 2 then beat Connaught with 1 bp in total.
Leinster to lose to Munster and Ospreys without lbp & beating Zebre
Ospreys to win all 3 with just 1 tbp.

This would mean
Ulster 80
Scarlets 72
Glasgow 72
Ospreys 71
Leinster 70.

Potential Semi at home against Glasgow.
Nothing wrong with a little optimism eh.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by alexgmacdonald Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 19:54

Or Glasgow could win all three and get a home semi...? Wink

alexgmacdonald

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 20:02

2nd time, after finding out you need 15k capacity stadium for a semi final, and we only have 14.5k, a home semi would have to be either the library or ms, so no real gain for us.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 20:03

2nd time, after finding out you need 15k capacity stadium for a semi final, and we only have 14.5k, a home semi would have to be either the library or ms, so no real gain for us as such. But I do love your optimisum
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 20:06

alexgmacdonald wrote:Or Glasgow could win all three and get a home semi...? Wink

I doubt they will need to win all 3, 2 wins from 3 could well be enough with Leinster playing both Munster and Ospreys.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 20:11

ScarletSpiderman wrote:2nd time, after finding out you need 15k capacity stadium for a semi final, and we only have 14.5k, a home semi would have to be either the library or ms, so no real gain for us as such. But I do love your optimisum
I believe we have the ability to put temporary capacity in the corners to enable us to achieve the requirements for a semi, not so sure about the 18k capacity needed for the final but I know the catering staff have been told they may have to work 2 extra shifts so I think there is deffinately a contingency plan in place if the team do pull of a miracle.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 20:13

Still no word on where Glasgow would hold their semi ?(ooh er missus)
To be honest unless the Scarlet Women Scarlets V Glasgow  3559488474 win on Friday then I think they are dead in the water. Everyone seems to think that Ulster are guaranteed 15pts.. rugby is never that straightforward or else the All Blacks (motto"We can cheat better than you") would have won every World Cup and been awarded special points for technical excellence. I think Munster will be "resting" key players which will help Leinster, and it will be Leinster and Hairsprays for 3rd &4th.
Unless of course.....

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 20:52

I can't find anywhere that backs up the requirement for 15,000 seats to host a semi-final.

The Pro12 website only lists the 18,000 requirement (as well as 'certain commercial criteria') for the final.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 21:05

IanBru wrote:I can't find anywhere that backs up the requirement for 15,000 seats to host a semi-final.

The Pro12 website only lists the 18,000 requirement (as well as 'certain commercial criteria') for the final.
That's because there aren't any.

18000 for the final is the only restriction. Sure we have had 2 in the RDS (18500)

Who dreamt up the 15000?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 21:06

ScarletSpiderman wrote:2nd time, after finding out you need 15k capacity stadium for a semi final, and we only have 14.5k, a home semi would have to be either the library or ms, so no real gain for us as such. But I do love your optimisum
Ah. That's who dreamt it. Or perhaps someone likes winding up spiders?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 21:14

2ndtimeround wrote:SS.
Scarlets to win all 3 with 2 tbp OK That's fine
Glasgow to lose the next 2 then beat Connaugcht with 1 bp in total. Hmmmm OK then.
Leinster to lose to Munster and Ospreys without lbp & beating Zebre Ah here. Leave it out. Win all 3 with a BP in Italy
Ospreys to win all 3 2 with just 1 tbp.

This would mean
Ulster 80
Leinster 77
Scarlets 72
Glasgow 72
Ospreys 67

Potential Semi at home against Scarlets.

Then to cap it all. Ulster's ground not ready. Builders can't make 18000 in time. They have to move the final to Lansdowne rd. Very Happy

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 21:25

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Ah. That's who dreamt it. Or perhaps someone likes winding up spiders?

It was mentioned by a knowledge irish (i believe) poster on a thread about If glasgow get a home final. That said there were no facts given so I may have just accepted it as true without any proof at all Sorry
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 21:34

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Glasgow to lose the next 2 then beat Connaugcht with 1 bp in total. Hmmmm OK then.
Leinster to lose to Munster and Ospreys without lbp & beating Zebre Ah here. Leave it out. Win all 3 with a BP in Italy

This would mean
Ulster 80
Leinster 77
Scarlets 72
Glasgow 72
Ospreys 67

Not so keen on that scenario, 4 games against 1 team is enough in 1 season, especially when its 3 - 1 in their favour.

Then to cap it all. Ulster's ground not ready. Builders can't make 18000 in time. They have to move the final to Lansdowne rd. Very Happy

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 21:41

2ndtimeround wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

This would mean
Ulster 80
Leinster 77
Scarlets 72
Glasgow 72
Ospreys 67

Not so keen on that scenario, 4 games against 1 team is enough in 1 season, especially when its 3 - 1 in their favour.

Yeah.......Funny enough that's why I AM keen. It could backfire on me though. Scarlets are fairly decent with their full side and would be well rested with no Euro duty. But then again so will every other side that can make the playoffs.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 22:07

Jen, I got it sussed, Leinster finish 3rd, Scarlets 4th, and both win away semi finals. Then they will meet in the final and the Scarlets can finish more or less how we started with a clear cut win. I wonder how much the bookies would pay oyt for that scenario?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by alexgmacdonald Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 22:16

Glasgow to finish top!

We were terrible against Scarlets at the start of the season but now we are a different beast. We are riding the crest of a wave and we fancy ourselves against anyone.

We have a great record against the ospreys recently (won the last 3) and at scotstoun It's going to be incredibly tough to beat us.

Connacht away is one of those fixtures that you just dread, especially with Dan Parks wanting to prove a point, but I feel that we will have a bit too much for them on the night.

The warriornation marches on.

alexgmacdonald

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 23:41

Alex. Desperate Dan left us We did not let him go. There is a difference !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next