The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quins to hold inquiry on Munster HC QF ticketing

+6
BlueMuff
thebluesmancometh
debaters1
LondonTiger
yappysnap
brennomac
10 posters

Go down

Quins to hold inquiry on Munster HC QF ticketing Empty Quins to hold inquiry on Munster HC QF ticketing

Post by brennomac Wed 10 Apr 2013, 5:32 pm

Quins just a bit conerned that Munster fans had the majority of tickets for last weekend's HC match - even though Quins took up their full alllocation of tiickets - 8,250 out of 15,000. Seems clear that some Quins fans at least decided to make a few bob selling on their tickets.

http://www.quins.co.uk/news/7054.php#.UWWTv66OhFQ

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Quins to hold inquiry on Munster HC QF ticketing Empty Re: Quins to hold inquiry on Munster HC QF ticketing

Post by yappysnap Wed 10 Apr 2013, 5:35 pm

Just said on another thread that I've no issue with Munster fans and I'm sure all other Quins fans are the same. But I am deeply disappointed with supposed quins fans selling off their tickets

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Quins to hold inquiry on Munster HC QF ticketing Empty Re: Quins to hold inquiry on Munster HC QF ticketing

Post by LondonTiger Wed 10 Apr 2013, 5:40 pm

Strongly worded statement.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 10 Apr 2013, 5:47 pm

Yea I applaud the club for it

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by debaters1 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 5:54 pm

Yep, have to agree, they did what they could to prevent such a strong Munster presence (which i have no problem with , tis your Bear Pit after all and it is the very essence of the home quarter final advantage) and clearly those that had access did not agree en masse with this outlook.

Now there will be some legitimate cases no doubt, 4 or 5 guys work together two are Irish and Munster fans, their mate rings them asking if they got tickets from munster and they say no, and he says I might be able to get you some. No one is spinning a profit and a "real" fan gets to go, who just happens to be supporting the opposition. This is of course an issue, but a lot grayer and a lot more sympathetic than somone thinking i can make some mollah on my extra ticket etc.

debaters1

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 10 Apr 2013, 6:04 pm

Can someone inquire about the lions tickets too...

There are an awfull lot of inflated ticket prices on Ebay, Gumtree etc for Australian tickets being sold in the UK!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Wed 10 Apr 2013, 9:27 pm

Really strange move by quinns almost threatening their own supporters especially when there is nothing they can do about this!

All this means is they will never play a quarter final at the stoop ever again.

Sunday reminded me of the time we invaded kingsholm Smile

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 10 Apr 2013, 9:43 pm

If the "supporters" act like profiteering spivs they deserve to be threatened.

I, like yappy, have no issue with Munster fans buying tickets, but feel that any Quins season ticket holders or members who profited from this should at the very least apologise to the decent fans.

At Tigers they have made it harder for us to do such a thing. We get a plastic card to which the season ticket and any purchased tickets are charged. So in this situation paper tickets would not be issued.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:31 am

LondonTiger wrote:If the "supporters" act like profiteering spivs they deserve to be threatened.

I, like yappy, have no issue with Munster fans buying tickets, but feel that any Quins season ticket holders or members who profited from this should at the very least apologise to the decent fans.

At Tigers they have made it harder for us to do such a thing. We get a plastic card to which the season ticket and any purchased tickets are charged. So in this situation paper tickets would not be issued.

We have the same at Leinster, however, they've a system whereby if you are a STH and can't make a game, you can email a PDF copy of your ticket to a friend for free, it's a good idea and means that the seats are used where they might not be otherwise. The flip side of it is that you can the potential for fans selling off tickets to opposition... So no "system" can totally prevent this type of thing without compromising flexibility for the fans...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:56 am

yappysnap wrote:Just said on another thread that I've no issue with Munster fans and I'm sure all other Quins fans are the same. But I am deeply disappointed with supposed quins fans selling off their tickets
As a Quins fan I totally agree.

Would have loved to have gone to that game.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 11 Apr 2013, 11:32 am

They was a thing done before (think it was for internationals) that if you purchased the tickets from a tout, for an inflated price after the game you could deposit the ticket in a certain area, or send it in to the govering body (can't rem if football or rugby did this).

They would be able to track the ticket with the serial numbers to the clubs that ticket was sent to, and investigate why tickets from the clubs allocation ended up on the market.

I'd say they only looked into it if a large number came from the same club.

Surly they could do the same, with the deposited tickets, and trace the serial number to the seaso ticket holder and write to them to ask why it ended up on the market.

Of course they season ticket holder has done nothing wrong, selling it for profit (only morally), but if they receive a letter from the club they may think twice next time, and if the club write to them a certain number of times over a period, they they may look at not renewing thier season ticket?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Thu 11 Apr 2013, 4:44 pm

Well I have heard a rumour that it may not be Quins fans to blame.

No idea if true or not but I heard that Quins run a policy of allowing non ST fans to buy tickets in advance for HC match if they have previously brought a ticket for an AViva game.

I have been told a lot of Munster fans brought tickets for the London Welsh game so that they could could get tickets through Quins.

Not what Quins intended but nothing underhand.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 11 Apr 2013, 5:31 pm

Quins statement says that the tickets were sold to Season Ticket holders and Club Members only. I guess Munster fans could have purchased club membership - not sure how much that would have cost

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down