The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defiance

4 posters

Go down

Defiance  Empty Defiance

Post by Kenny Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:37 pm

New show starting tuesday 16th April 9pm on SYFY

The series is set in the near future, where aliens known collectively as Votans have come to Earth seeking a new home after their solar system was destroyed. However, when they reached Earth, they discovered despite a prolonged negotiation with the government on Earth, they were not welcome. Rather than turn away, they began a war with the humans as they are determined to make Earth their new home. During the war, the Votans drop terraformers on the planet and transform the surface of the planet; scorching the earth, opening chasms in the ground and covering the surface of the planet in dust and debris. After decades of war, a ceasefire is declared when both sides realise they must focus on survival on this new almost alien planet. The series largely revolves around the character of Jeb Nolan. Jeb was only ten years old when the Votans arrived and he served in the military during the war. With the war now over, he returns to his hometown of St Louis to find it's is no longer the city he left; it is little more than refugee camp. Deciding his services are needed, Jeb takes up a position as the Chief Lawkeeper in Defiance, so he can protect the town from dangerous clashes between humans, aliens, military scavengers and other dangerous visitors who occasionally enter the town
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Defiance  Empty Re: Defiance

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 11:31 am

The XBOX game is pretty good, so I have high hopes for the show. A really interesting concept is that the two will apparently inform / develop each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2013, 1:48 pm

Saw this on demand and got about 70 minutes into the first pilot episode. Not amazing but a steady start and I will probably watch the end of the first episode and then decide whether to watch it go on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 18 Apr 2013, 2:18 pm

John wrote:Saw this on demand and got about 70 minutes into the first pilot episode. Not amazing but a steady start and I will probably watch the end of the first episode and then decide whether to watch it go on.

I watched the first episode but couldn't make my mind up about it.

I really liked the dynamic between the main character and his alien daughter and there were a couple of interesting characters at the town but found

Spoiler:

I hope it explores the 'darker' elements rather than just 'dominant leading man saves the world' formula that I fear it may be heading towards.

The town reminded me of the bar in Star Wars where Luke and Han Solo discuss their plans.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 18 Apr 2013, 3:26 pm

The setting and look of the show reminded me abit of that BBC show a couple of years back , cant remember what they called Outanders or something like that .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2013, 8:02 pm

Just saw the end. Still haven't made my mind up. Its an okay watch, nothing spectacular. Guess it will be the lawkeeper basically saving the day every episode which will be shocking n tiresome and the old lady at the end who's searching for something (what are they looking for?) just looks a bad and boring character.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 19 Apr 2013, 3:06 pm

Outcasts was the show i was thinking of .

Agree about the old lady , she looks like an annoying character .

The thing i didn't like was the real lack of back story , that might change in future episodes though
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 01 May 2013, 9:23 pm

Its a bit of a slow starter this series , nothing really happening to excite me but i shall stick with it unless something else starts at the same time
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat 11 May 2013, 6:52 pm

I've watched every episode so far...

I really like the world and the different alien species, but will they show much more of it? It seems to be focussing on only a couple of species of alien so far and there is very little being explained about the history of these species. I've read up on it online and like the history of how earth became the way it is.

I would like to see some more of the world outside of defiance though. Although as my gf has pointed out to me, the show shouldn't be called defiance then...

But it's turning into a cop show, much like terra nova did (cancelled after 1st season) and even continuum and orphan black (although they keep it interesting with lots of flash backs, exciting plots). Bit too predictable so far...

This show needs to crank it up a notch because its chugging along in 2nd gear.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 18 May 2013, 10:24 am

I think the show would of benefitted more with a better more indepth explanation as to how the Aliens got here and to what happened in the years between that and the story now .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 22 May 2013, 11:39 pm

Im still not sure about this but still watching
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2013, 10:50 am

Has it been cancelled or r there only 6 episodes. I'm still on the second ep, just wanted to know whether or not to carry on

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 27 May 2013, 2:38 pm

It got renewed for a 2nd season after its 4th episode, the first season is 12 episodes long with the second season being 13. Its taking a break this week along with a lot of other American tv shows (Game of Thrones included) due to it being Memorial weekend coming up. It will resume as per normal from episode 7 the following week.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 28 May 2013, 11:49 am

yes it's back on 4th June
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 11:51 am

Does anyone know if it's coming to a 'normal' UK channel? One available to people who don't have Sky / Virgin?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 28 May 2013, 11:54 am

i don't know mate sorry
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 28 May 2013, 3:14 pm

I'd doubt it.

Dass

Back to top Go down