The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite PPV?

+6
Lex-Express
Jammy31
Adam D
theanimal316
ncfc_Tooze
AberdeenSteve
10 posters

Go down

Favourite PPV? Empty Favourite PPV?

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 02 Feb 2011, 6:16 pm

Pretty bored guys so just thought i'd open a thread in the hope to create some debate!

What is your favourite all time PPV?
Not just technically for the card itself but maybe for the main event match, certain wrestlers at the time or just a certain nostalgia factor?

Mines would be 100% the Invasion PPV back in 2001. This was round about the time I was properly watching wrestling for the first time & the card was fantastic. It will only ever happen once due to the huge amount of wrestling brand rivalry & it had therefore the best superstars from 3 fantastic brands. Great matches on the card were RVD v Jeff Hardy in a hardcore match, Billy Kidman v X Pac, and E&C v Mike Awesome/Lance Storm. The promo before the main event 10 man tag team match was brilliant & the main event match didn't disappoint. The Brothers of Destruction, Booker T, Kurt Angle, The Dudleyz & of course Stone Cold. Could you get a better line up in a match? I still remember my reaction when Austin landed a Stunner on Angle & the crazy reaction from JR. Fantastic times thumbsup

Hope to hear your views & look forward to the replies.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Favourite PPV? Empty Re: Favourite PPV?

Post by Guest Wed 02 Feb 2011, 7:26 pm

i have so many favourites of times gone by, but purley for the concept and style of match its The Royal Rumble match itself for me.
The unpredictibility, not knowing who is coming next, who will end up in the final 4 etc.
Mark out moments for unexpected returns, instant finishing moves, big shocks when the favourites are eliminated.

For me, the rumble has it all.
Plus, it starts the road the Wrestlemania which is the most exciting time to follow the 'E'

Last edited by Y I Man on Wed 02 Feb 2011, 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 02 Feb 2011, 7:31 pm

in your house:Badd Blood as its the first one i remember in its entirety. hell in the cell micheals vs taker says it all really. the undercard was good also

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 02 Feb 2011, 8:19 pm

Great shout Y I, everything you said there is a massive reason also why I love the Rumble. Recently got myself the complete anthology of the Royal Rumble for just £50. I was pretty stoked. Found myself going through all the DVDs and watching just the Rumbles :606laugh: Never knowing who was out next & when they were to exit. Makes it great viewing and like you said it starts the road to the grandest stage of them all

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Feb 2011, 8:23 pm

where did you get it from steve?
Ive got the wrestlemania anthology series and will definately be getting the rumble one. i didnt realise there was one Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 02 Feb 2011, 8:44 pm

I got mine from a mate Y I, he is 4 years older than me & had completely grown out of wrestling. So he sold it on to me for a fraction of the price.

You can buy them in 4 separate boxes with each box containing 4/5 rumbles each for about £25/30 or you can buy them as one big boxset for a £120 or so. Your best bet for a cheaper option would be have a look through e bay if you have an account. Worth a buy like, ever bored you can just shove a rumble match on. Great time killer and very enjoyable way to pass the time.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Thu 03 Feb 2011, 10:22 am

HMV were selling the complete Royal Rumble anthology for pretty cheap before christmas, can't remember the price tho. check their website

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 03 Feb 2011, 11:56 am

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/directQuery.do?pagingOptionSelect=/hmvweb/directQuery.do%3FNtt%3Droyal%2Brumble%26No%3D0%26searchType%3Ddvd%26pagingOptionSelect%3D24%26N%3D1360%26adultFlag%3Dfalse%26rid%3D12DEB6032057%26Ntk%3DProducts%26Nty%3D1&x=5&y=13

No anthology but 5dvd box sets at £34 each.

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=royal+rumble+anthology&lnk=qsugb&ei=7pdKTZH9GJ3eygXQwd1b&sa=X&ved=0CDkQhggoAQ

pretty much similar prices everywhere

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Thu 03 Feb 2011, 2:09 pm

I was a HUGE fan of the old Summerslam. My favourite Summerslam 2003 (even if Sable was nude on the posters Shocked )
I enjoyed it because of the main event Elimination Chamber match:
http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Elimination-Chamber-SummerSlam-2003.jpg
I would say that it was the best Elimination Chamber match to date, purely because of the tension between Goldberg and HHH.

Oh, yeah, and it was my first ever PPV haha

Last edited by Hobo on Thu 03 Feb 2011, 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No images please guys - its so that work people can surf discretely)
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Thu 03 Feb 2011, 2:17 pm

Jammy31 wrote:I was a HUGE fan of the old Summerslam. My favourite Summerslam 2003 (even if Sable was nude on the posters Shocked )

Jammy are you saying that is was a bad thing Sable was nude on the poster???

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Thu 03 Feb 2011, 2:21 pm

theanimal316 wrote:
Jammy are you saying that is was a bad thing Sable was nude on the poster???

It was a bit of a shock I must admit haha :606laugh: But, I would've preffered Stacy Keibler... Wink
To be honest, I can't even remember what Sable had to do with that PPV.
Im not really a big fan of the new Summerslam.

My favourite PPV a now would be Royal Rumble just because it's the start of the Road To Wrestlemania and the unpredicatability of the Rumble match.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Thu 03 Feb 2011, 2:44 pm

I agree with you, Stacy was awesome. If it was the Sable of 1996 however....

Think my fav PPV is probably Wrestlemania, just for the spectacle of it. My favourite individual PPV was Survivor Series 1998, the year The Rock won the tournament to become champion. Not sure why I like that one so much, Rock was never my favourite.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Tue 08 Feb 2011, 4:26 pm

stacey was smoking...

for me Summerslam 94 or bash at the beach 96

I remember than Hogan heel turn like yesterday that is how you pull a swerve!

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby Roode Tue 08 Feb 2011, 5:07 pm

My 2 faves besides Wrestlemania's 17 and 19 are Summerslam 2000 and Summerslam 2002.

Just look at the card:

Summerslam 2000

Right to Censor (Steven Richards, Bull Buchanan and The Goodfather) v Too Cool (Scotty 2 Hotty, Grand Master Sexay and Rikishi) (with Victoria and Mandy) Six-man tag team match
X-Pac v The Road Dogg Singles match
Chyna and Eddie Guerrero v Val Venis (c) and Trish Stratus Mixed tag team match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship
Jerry Lawler v Tazz Singles match
Steve Blackman v Shane McMahon (c) Hardcore match for the WWF Hardcore Championship - including the epic fall by Shane O'Mac
Chris Benoit v Chris Jericho Two out of three falls match
Edge and Christian (c) v The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff) (with Lita) and The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von) Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match for the WWF Tag Team Championship
The Kat (with Al Snow) v Terri (with Perry Saturn) Thong Stinkface match
The Undertaker v Kane Singles match
The Rock (c) v Kurt Angle v Triple H

Summerslam 2002 - which is my absolute favourite PPV.

Kurt Angle v Rey Mysterio Singles match - One of my fave ever matches
Ric Flair v Chris Jericho Singles match
Edge v Eddie Guerrero[5][6] Singles match
The Un-Americans (Lance Storm and Christian) (c) v Booker T and Goldust Tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Rob Van Dam v Chris Benoit (c) Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
The Undertaker v Test Singles match
Shawn Michaels v Triple H Unsanctioned Street Fight - anoher of my fave matches ever
Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman) v The Rock(c) - yet another great match

Bobby Roode

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 10 Feb 2011, 12:24 pm

My favourite all-time PPV is the NWA Great American Bash 1989, an incredible card with three or four matches that each made it worth buying alone!

My favourite WWF/WWE PPV is the Canadian Stampede In Your House event from 1997. Another card which just featured incredible wrestling. It was also a very interesting time for the company as the storylines were getting really good and the product was getting edgier.

Wrestlemania 19 would probably be my favourite modern-day (ish) PPV. I felt this was the first one where they absolutely stacked the card with main event calibre matches, and it set a standard that is still adhered to today.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Favourite PPV? Empty RE: Fav PPV!

Post by AlmostDANNY Thu 10 Feb 2011, 1:19 pm

I would have to say that my favourite PPV would have to be royal rumble 2001. Although i thought that Kane should have won as he was epic in the rumble and i also loved this as there was a lot of weapons used. Very Happy :friend:

AlmostDANNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Thu 10 Feb 2011, 8:37 pm

whichever PPV hosted the first TLC match

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down