The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Draft Interview With Alex Brown Of Optimum Scouting

5 posters

Go down

NFL Draft Interview With Alex Brown Of Optimum Scouting Empty NFL Draft Interview With Alex Brown Of Optimum Scouting

Post by Derbyblue Mon 22 Apr 2013, 2:42 pm

1. Who do you feel is the safest, most pro ready player in the draft?
- Luke Joeckel is the most pro ready player in this draft class, considering his elite level talent and battle-tested experience versus top-flight competition in the Big 12 and SEC.

2. It seems like every year at least one prospect shoots up the (mock) draft boards, seemingly for no other reason than that other people say he is. Whose popularity are you struggling to justify most right now?
- While I understand the reasoning behind his late climb in draft boards, I still can't justify the likely top 20 overall selection that Florida State RT Menelik Watson currently slates for next Thursday's draft.

I see the natural foot speed, agility, movement skills and flashes of power that others like; but in this case, the parts are greater than the whole. Watson will be drafted as a LT of the future and will be asked to start on the right side in year one. Considering his lack of experience and footwork issues, that frightens me a bit. He improved over the course of the season and impressed during workouts, so it's a near lock for him to go in the top 32 overall.

Ultimately, it's a gamble that could result in a team landing an outstanding left tackle or another early round miss on an athletic, work-in-progress tackle prospect.

Read the rest here: http://v2journal.com/19/post/2013/04/nfl-draft-interview-with-alex-brown-of-optimum-scouting.html

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

NFL Draft Interview With Alex Brown Of Optimum Scouting Empty Re: NFL Draft Interview With Alex Brown Of Optimum Scouting

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 22 Apr 2013, 8:46 pm

Danke Smile

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

NFL Draft Interview With Alex Brown Of Optimum Scouting Empty Re: NFL Draft Interview With Alex Brown Of Optimum Scouting

Post by TM Moot Mon 22 Apr 2013, 8:53 pm

yeah, interesting reading, thanks

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 24 Apr 2013, 3:25 pm

Good read Derby thanks Smile
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 4:35 pm

I like Wort's ability as a 2-down 3-4 inside linebacker, as he can take on and defeat blockers with his point of attack technique and strength.
I take issue with this comment, watch an Oklahoma game and tell me this is one of Wort's strengths. Headscratch

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down