The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martin Murray Predictions Please

+9
azania
joeyjojo618
hampo17
JabMachineMK2
Strongback
88Chris05
TRUSSMAN66
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
davidemore
13 posters

Go down

Martin Murray Predictions Please Empty Martin Murray Predictions Please

Post by davidemore Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:03 am

I think he can do it if he doesn't get bombed out in the first four rounds.

Martinez is not shot, but he is nearing the end of his career, he is damaged goods. The last fight saw him get smacked about for a few minutes by a CW. I feel he can be beaten now. He has gone down in the past. He has fallen.

But, Sergio Martinez will not be easy. He will pivot, poke Murray in the face with a very fast jab, look for him to engage wildly and create openings, then... KO his arse.

Let's just hope Martin remains composed in the face of 50,000 fans.

If he does he can win. How? By applying pressure at the right times. By using his own jab and throwing in bunches. By remaining patient when Martinez circles him, by NOT panicking. By STAYING OFF THE ROPES.

Martinez can be frustrated, we saw that when he fought Mack the Knife. He likes fighters to come forward, which Murray will have to do, but only when he sees an opening. He needs to fight in fragments. On off, off on, on, on, off, on, you see where I'm going. He cannot be predictable, this key.

Murray by late KO.

Okay, scorn me. I picked Canelo perfectly, Rigo too, so why not have a punt on Murray?

GO ON MURRAY!!!!! heart

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Martin Murray Predictions Please Empty Re: Martin Murray Predictions Please

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:07 am

Don't rate Murray, the weakest of the British trio still imo but he can take confidence from the performances of both macklin and Barker also the damage (both from punches and heavy injuries suffered to the knee and hand) Martinez took from Chavez in his last fight

Should be close, but Martinez edge in power and speed should be enough to see him through

Hopefully Martinez moves on to GGG after this as it doesn't seem like he wants the JCC jr rematch untill Chavez accepts Olympic style drug testing whic he doesn't seem to keen on

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:09 am

I think there is more chance of seeing Elvis in Eastenders..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:18 am

I've got no doubts that Martinez will run out a comfortable enough winner in the end, I'm just not one hundred percent sure on whether he'll do it via a wide-ish decision or a late stoppage. I don't like Murray's chances in this one at all, really.

I think Martinez is a fighter who'll struggle badly out of nowhere once his speed goes, but on the basis of his fights against Macklin and Chavez Jr he still has it to call upon and I don't think Murray's attacking arsenal is good enough to land the kind of shots which are going to impress the judges or really upset Martinez.

Martinez does go for quality over quantity most of the time, but I don't think giving him the bum's rush here is the way to go about it. For Murray to have any chance I think he needs to keep the fight at mid-range and look to set his attacks up from the jab. Martinez is good going away and still has a box full of tricks with his inside counters - but he does take the odd liberty and, with his hands low, he is open to a good jab down the pipe at mid range.

I think Macklin really missed a trick there, because despite that gaping hole he kept loading up with big punches and trying to simply over-power and out-work Martinez, which left him getting countered over and over again. He barely threw a jab and, if he had, I'd have given him a better chance of scoring the upset.

On the whole I just think Martinez is too quick and clever. I think he'll probably stop Murray any time after the 9th round.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:33 am

I think your prediction run of picking the underdog is going to come to an end with this one Davide.

After all the abuse Margarito got on the recent Floyd thread it's interesting he has a win over Martinez.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:38 am

Martinez was a rake in that fight and barely had a pro career to speak of. I think he got 500 dollars for that fight. No joke. Martinez said it himself.

Strongback, I'm not picking underdogs. Granted, Murray is a huge one, but i pick the fighter I believe can win. Nothing to do with how the bookies have them. I'm going on insightful boxing knowledge acquired over several years.

I told you all Canelo would be far busier in the opening four rounds, and he was. I told you Rigo was too smart, too patient, too cunning for Donaire, and he was. Now I'm telling you that Murray can flurry, move, and really lay it on Martinez. And i believe he will.

If i am wrong then scorn me, but if i am right... bow.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:39 am

88Chris05 wrote:I've got no doubts that Martinez will run out a comfortable enough winner in the end, I'm just not one hundred percent sure on whether he'll do it via a wide-ish decision or a late stoppage. I don't like Murray's chances in this one at all, really.

I think Martinez is a fighter who'll struggle badly out of nowhere once his speed goes, but on the basis of his fights against Macklin and Chavez Jr he still has it to call upon and I don't think Murray's attacking arsenal is good enough to land the kind of shots which are going to impress the judges or really upset Martinez.

Martinez does go for quality over quantity most of the time, but I don't think giving him the bum's rush here is the way to go about it. For Murray to have any chance I think he needs to keep the fight at mid-range and look to set his attacks up from the jab. Martinez is good going away and still has a box full of tricks with his inside counters - but he does take the odd liberty and, with his hands low, he is open to a good jab down the pipe at mid range.

I think Macklin really missed a trick there, because despite that gaping hole he kept loading up with big punches and trying to simply over-power and out-work Martinez, which left him getting countered over and over again. He barely threw a jab and, if he had, I'd have given him a better chance of scoring the upset.

On the whole I just think Martinez is too quick and clever. I think he'll probably stop Murray any time after the 9th round.

A jab is key here. Martinez is able to be caught, we've seen that several times.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:50 am

davidemore wrote:I'm going on insightful boxing knowledge acquired over several years.

Macklin was the best bet we had against Sergio. As you know, I rate Sergio very highly, he's an absolute artisan and a great guy, superb mentality and character. Murray (local lad, I've met him a few time as he's from Serrrnt'Elens) is a great prospect, but this is too much too soon. There's no MW that'd beat Martinez, and that includes Geale or GG.

Martinez by either a wide decision or sickening KO in the middle rounds

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:54 am

Jab, there's a PM in your inbox from a few days back that you need to read, mate.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:13 pm

Have removed any personal attacks, can we try and keep it on topic guys.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:13 pm

Hate to be pedantic davide, but didnt you pick Rigo to KO donaire?

Martinez with lots to spare if its predictions you are looking for.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:15 pm

As long as the same logic is applied to certain other posters, I'll have no issue biting my tongue.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:20 pm

Same here Very Happy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:22 pm

Murray needs to keep a high pace and hope Martinez has slipped enough for him to pull off the upset

Murray is ordinary, but at 30 and 6ft with a great engine and good chin, he may make Martinez look very ordinary for as long as he lasts like Macklin and Barker did beforehand

I'm going to use this fight to gauge where Martinez is at in his career. He is recently turned 38 and his game is probably the one that most relies on speed that exists in boxing atm. Hands down, quick shots with lots of movement is hard to sustain and its a credit to his conditioning that he's been able to keep it up at this age. That said a knee injury like the one he suffered may be the thing to slow him down enough

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:59 pm

Martinez is fighting in front of his home crowd, he will have something to prove. Can't see past a Martinez win, I'm going for LKO.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:22 pm

I predict..........................a riot.
I predict..........................a riot. music

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:31 pm

I think he'll be stopped, I just don't think it'll be as one sided as some believe and that it wont be a mismatch

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:40 pm

It will not be one sided.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 23 Apr 2013, 3:09 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:As long as the same logic is applied to certain other posters, I'll have no issue biting my tongue.

Talk boxing yo.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 3:17 pm

davidemore wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:As long as the same logic is applied to certain other posters, I'll have no issue biting my tongue.

Talk boxing yo.

Stop telling other people what to do yo.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 23 Apr 2013, 3:19 pm

Okay yo. But you need to listen to the man you be dissing, the emore is ready to explore more of the sport, you ought to know I got the flow and mojo to carry my opinions to the next episode. Word.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 23 Apr 2013, 3:36 pm

My heart says Murray makes it a competitive fight, knocking Martinez down late and loosing a controversial decision. My head says he gets stopped between 10 - 12.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 23 Apr 2013, 3:38 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:My heart says Murray makes it a competitive fight, knocking Martinez down late and loosing a controversial decision. My head says he gets stopped between 10 - 12.

Go with your heart

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 3:54 pm

Ok, well seeing as you complain about my posts and the moderation team dislike the fact I feel the need to attempt to make you feel as stupid as you sound, onto the ignore list you go.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:16 pm

"I was hoping Jabby would give me some inside information"

Is a personal attack???

People want to lighten up.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:36 pm

If I put everyone who thinks I'm an idiot onto the ignore list I'd have no-one here to talk boxing with. Crying or Very sad

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Fri 26 Apr 2013, 5:06 am

Martinez on points.

Don't think he can ko Murray, he may not be fast or have great skills but he is very strong [probably the strongest of the British MWs], & it took Sergio until the very late rounds to stop Macklin & Barker.

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 2:41 pm

Who would have thought this guy would punk the lot of us....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 2:56 pm

"Apologies for the long letter. I didn't have time to write a short one"

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down