The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'll KO Murray in 8.

+7
kingraf
BoxingFan88
KC
Strongback
TRUSSMAN66
azania
hampo17
11 posters

Go down

I'll KO Murray in 8. Empty I'll KO Murray in 8.

Post by hampo17 Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:22 pm

SERGIO MARTINEZ insists Martin Murray will not hear the final bell when they clash on Saturday night.

St Helens' Murray takes a big step up in class when he faces the WBC middleweight champion in front of more than 40,000 fans in Buenos Aires.

And Martinez says the British puncher will be flying back home empty handed – after he's been knocked out.

"We have watched tapes of Martin Murray’s past fights, he is a come forward boxer and will give me a good challenge in the ring, but it will not be enough," Martinez, who is boxing on home soil for the first time in over a decade.

"The way I see this fight playing out in my mind, I will KO Murray in the eighth round.

"Some people have said Murray is facing me at the right time. Well, those people are in for a surprise on April 27.

"I might be 38 years old of age, but my body does not feel like it. I take care of myself mentally and physically. I am constantly in the gym working out even when I do not have a fight lined up in order to keep my body in shape.

"Also my fighting style has allowed me to not age in the boxing ring.

"My goal is to be the number one pound for pound boxer in the world and I will not stop until I reach that goal."

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

I'll KO Murray in 8. Empty Re: I'll KO Murray in 8.

Post by azania Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:26 pm

How can he aim for such a subjective target? He may as well retire now seeing as Ward (when he fights) is the heir apparent.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:26 pm

His goal is a waste of time................Nearly 40.........well behind Ward and not as eyecatching as Broner............

Fighting guys like Murray isn't going to help his cause...........either.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:56 pm

Will it take 8.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:14 am

I doubt if Sergio can knock him out period, let alone as early as 8th.

Murray is very strong so I would have thought it will be a [possibly wide] points decision.

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:01 pm

KC wrote:I doubt if Sergio can knock him out period, let alone as early as 8th.

Murray is very strong so I would have thought it will be a [possibly wide] points decision.

Sturm had Murray in all kinds of trouble in the 12th round, Martinez punches much harder and much faster.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:39 pm

He needs to convince Floyd to fight him, or grow some kahunas and fight Ward if he is serious about p4p. He may be 38, but he started fighting late, so he isnt the same 38 as, Marquez, or RJJ was.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Martinez knows that ward is just too big and too good for him

He can hang around 160 for a while imo, Geale, Golovkin, JCC jr, Quillin etc are all about and would make interesting fights as well as Canelo who seems like he may need to go up in weight over the next few fights or he may fight Martinez at 154 as he seems (after how he demanded to fight trout after Kirkland and Williams) like he wants to fight the very best

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:33 pm

I cannot see Murray winning, I'd like him to, if Sergio wasn't such a good champion. He's everything right with boxing, and a win here would be justified as he's the more experienced, more accomplished boxer who hits harder and moves better than anyone Murray has faced.

Think Sergio is running out of options at 160 - he's travelled the world, only getting recognition from boxing fans and Argentines rather than the general public. He'd wipe the floor with Geale and Golovkin is untested, I can't see Martinez willingly going up in weight as he's a small middleweight and Canelo would get absolutely crushed. Big fight that, if Canelo comes up, I see that fight happening on Cinqo de Mayo

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:47 pm

too big? Yes. Too good? Not convinced. I think Ward is a better fighter, but he is unbeaten, if Martinez could get him in untested waters (i.e. behind) does he know how to claw his way back? Martinez probably needs a very strict ref to make anything happen vs SOG, though. If Ward can clinch like he normally does, it is pretty close to a shut-out.

Canelo? That would be fun. My two favourite boxers. The Mexicans should watch it in droves. Get it at El Paso, 40, 000 easily. Martinez gets a very well deserved pay day. I think Martinez wins it, but Canelo is only 23, and fast improving, so who knows?
I dont think he would retire even after Canelo, as I get the feeling he loves the gladiatoral feeling of stepping into the ring.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Ward is a better boxer that Sergio. Plain and simple.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:20 pm

i could see martinez beating ward if he could take wards power (and his size makes that an IF), ward has fought nobody like martinez, and the speed advantage goes to sergio.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by DynamiteChris Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:51 pm

Martinez is an excellent fighter but last few fights he's taken more and more punches.

Had injuries recently to his leg & had hand trouble, for me this is evidence age is catching up with him, and at 38 that seems very likely.

Murray needs to stay close bang the body & make him work every round, we could assume as Martinez has had leg trouble he might not be able to stay mobile for 12 and that, with his age could mean that this might come down to fitness.

If it goes the full 12 can Murray get a decision over there? It's gonna be a real cauldron there & Murray will have next to no fans in there compared to the home fighter. Judges are easily swayed in situations like that, we've all seen it before.

I feel he's gonna need to stop him to get the win but I think he can do it.

Come on Murray!!

DynamiteChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down