The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I love Paire's backhand where would you rate it?

2 posters

Go down

I love Paire's backhand where would you rate it? Empty I love Paire's backhand where would you rate it?

Post by socal1976 Fri 26 Apr 2013, 10:01 pm

Paire is the one guy have seen run around his forehand to hit inside out backhands for winners from the center of the court. Now he doesn't have quite the ability to hit on the run like djokovic but quite possibly he may have if not the best certainly one of the top 5 double handed backhands on tour. For a player breaking into the top he has a good array of shots and I really love that backhand. I would say that it is the most explosive two hander I have seen on tour, Murray and Djoko included. Now he doesn't return with it or pass with it, and is not as consistent as djoko with it and that is why I still rate Djoko's better. But in terms of belting winners with it he maybe the best. I hope he works out his consistency issues because he has all the shots, the forehand does need to be solidified but I love to watch him run around his forehand and hit short inside out backhands for winners on a tour where everyone and their mother does the opposite. It is such a flat shot it catches people by surprise and he was able to give Rafa quite a bit of trouble although he went out in straight sets. Another player I really enjoy watching. Unfortunately he can go from playing sets where he his form could beat anyone to playing sets where he could lose to anyone.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

I love Paire's backhand where would you rate it? Empty Re: I love Paire's backhand where would you rate it?

Post by summerblues Sat 27 Apr 2013, 3:42 am

socal1976 wrote:I love to watch him run around his forehand and hit short inside out backhands for winners on a tour where everyone and their mother does the opposite.
As good as his BH may be, this says more about his FH unfortunately. I have only seen him play a couple of times, but I have not been all that impressed. Strikes me as very erratic and I suspect he will remain that way.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

I love Paire's backhand where would you rate it? Empty Re: I love Paire's backhand where would you rate it?

Post by socal1976 Sat 27 Apr 2013, 8:23 am

Yes the forehand isn't great but he does have a great serve as well, I don't know the erratic play of his kind of makes watching him exciting. He can knock the big boys for a loop for a set or so maybe that is about as far as he will go. But I think he can improve and maybe be a top 20 talent, I do really love that backhand when it is firing. But your assessment is a fair one summerblues.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down