The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If The Monte Carlo Final Was Over 5 Sets Rafa Would Have Won!

+10
HM Murdock
Born Slippy
Danny_1982
break_in_the_fifth
Haddie-nuff
lydian
bogbrush
socal1976
kingraf
hawkeye
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If The Monte Carlo Final Was Over 5 Sets Rafa Would Have Won! - Page 2 Empty If The Monte Carlo Final Was Over 5 Sets Rafa Would Have Won!

Post by hawkeye Sat 27 Apr 2013, 7:35 am

First topic message reminder :

That's what Andrew Castle said yesterday whilst commenting on the 2nd Nadal match of the day in Barcelona. Ha ha! I bet he'd be too scared to come and say it here though... I feel quite happy saying it because I am just quoting him angel

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

If The Monte Carlo Final Was Over 5 Sets Rafa Would Have Won! - Page 2 Empty Re: If The Monte Carlo Final Was Over 5 Sets Rafa Would Have Won!

Post by hawkeye Mon 29 Apr 2013, 6:41 pm

I don't know about Rafa and motivation. At a few points in his career I've wondered. The first was some odd quote from him about a dream he had after the AO '09. Something about climbing a mountain and then feeling empty rather than happy at the summit. But I've thought he's appeared happy since his return. The conditions in Barcelona were pretty miserable maybe that affected how he appeared?

Have you heard he's signed up to play Basel later in the year. Isn't that indoors. Good preparation for once for the WTF perhaps. Maybe he needs a little challenge?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

If The Monte Carlo Final Was Over 5 Sets Rafa Would Have Won! - Page 2 Empty Re: If The Monte Carlo Final Was Over 5 Sets Rafa Would Have Won!

Post by lydian Mon 29 Apr 2013, 6:49 pm

I saw that re: Basel. The only question is that Basel-Paris-London run concurrent weeks so I would see him pulling out of Paris, or losing early. He's not done Basel for 9 yrs I believe...I'm sure Roger would raise his eyebrows at that news too. Every meeting between these 2 guys may be their last...neither is assured of reaching the finals at Basel.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 29 Apr 2013, 9:34 pm

I suppose I was just assuming that Nadal would not play Paris... but what do I know.

I prefer to try and stay a little more positive. It will be a huge boost for Basel to have them both. Nice for the Swiss fans as the Spanish fans have always (or nearly always) seen both in Madrid. If they both did get to the final it would be amazing...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue 30 Apr 2013, 1:00 am

Perhaps Basel is nostalgia for Fedal. Whatever be their relationship, it was really good to see the Match for Africa and Fundacion Nadal match.

I fully expect a 2020 W final with both of them in CC enjoying two younger players in the final and have a bit of fun.

PS: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/04/18/Basel-Nadal-To-Join-Federer.aspx

Fedal were at Halle in 2012, IIRC. - http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/500/mds.pdf

Last edited by laverfan on Tue 30 Apr 2013, 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Tue 30 Apr 2013, 2:44 am

laverfan wrote:Perhaps Basel is nostalgia for Fedal. Whatever be their relationship, it was really good to see the Match for Africa and Fundacion Nadal match.

I fully expect a 2020 W final with both of them in CC enjoying two younger players in the final and have a bit of fun.

Oh we know they two are great ambasssadors , they will surely play champions tour doubles pairing, what more they are more than capable of pulling a doubles Wimbledon title together in 2020, may be once they decided to retire from tour they could focus on doubles together and have some fun. thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2