The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestlemania a 'feud ender'?

3 posters

Go down

Wrestlemania a 'feud ender'? Empty Wrestlemania a 'feud ender'?

Post by CenaNuff Sat 27 Apr 2013, 11:33 am

After being let down by the incredibly predictable outcome of nearly every single match that took place at a woeful Wrestlemania PPV, one of the defenses given in favor of the WWE was the following:

Mr H wrote:Wrestlemania is the fued ender, it's the big stage to settle the score, it's not the PPV to pull a swerve out of the left field without any real logic just to please a minority of fans. Just because the outcomes were predictable doesn't mean they were the wrong outcomes.

Now at the time I thought this comment was ridiculous because over the last few years we have seen many rematches of previous Wrestlemanias (ie 4 years of DX vs Taker, 3 years of Rock vs Cena), making me wonder how on earth it could be a feud ender.

So I thought I would give it a few weeks and see if there was any foundation to Mr H's comment. I reminder of the Wrestlemania card:

Miz vs Barrett
Tons of Funk vs Team Rhodes Scholars
Fandango vs Jericho
Team Hell No vs Ziggler & Big E
Ryback vs Henry
Sheamus, Orton, Show vs Shield
Del Rio vs Swagger
HHH vs Lesnar
Taker vs Punk
Cena vs Rock

Now how many of these feuds actually ended at Mania? Miz and Barrett had a rematch the next night with Barrett winning back the title, so that feud didn't end at Mania. Ton of Funk vs Rhodes Scholars didn't happen at Mania for some reason but they've had like 4 matches since so that feud hasn't ended. Fandango vs Jericho, clearly that feud hasn't ended and doesn't look like ending any time soon. Sheamus, Orton and Show are still feuding with each other so that hasn't ended. Del Rio and Swagger are in a triple threat with Ziggler, another feud that hasn't ended. HHH vs Lesnar, another match has been scheduled, so once again the feud has not ended. There isn't much clarity with what is happening with Cena and Rock at the moment due to the Rock's injury, but the day after Mania, Booker T (I think) said that the Rock was still number 1 contender for the title so WWE clearly have not intended for the feud to end just yet.

The only feuds that have ended are Team Hell No's feud with Ziggler & Big E (even though Big E did squash Bryan the night after Mania), Ryback vs Henry (that feud was used to set up Cena vs Ryback) and Taker vs Punk (although knowing WWE this will be rekindled sooner or later). So taking all the above into consideration, is Mania REALLY the feud ender? Was the dismal, predictable climax to all Wrestlemania matches really excusable because they were (supposedly) meant to be the end of the feuds? I can't help but think the show was a complete disaster and those making excuses for it may have to rethink their reasoning.

CenaNuff

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania a 'feud ender'? Empty Re: Wrestlemania a 'feud ender'?

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 27 Apr 2013, 1:50 pm

I think I recall that we established that while Mania isn't a feud ender, it should be the peak of the feud.

Quite a cheap shot that you choose to cherry pick one point in a thread when plenty more debate and discussion took place after it

Last edited by Kay Fabe on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 27 Apr 2013, 2:50 pm

Agreed, its kind of not the end but its the pinnacle of it. I'd say that Rock vs Cena is over, Punk Taker, Sheamus n co were in a feud with The Shield so that's over, team hell no and ziggles have moved on, Ryback and Henry is over and the Del Rio and Swagger has moved on. So that's pretty much 6.

It was a pretty decent show by my money anyway. We've come away from Mania season with two new champs, and now a third with Kofi taking the US. Quite a bit of change

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down