The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone catch the Ward-Froch twitter banter?

+9
tunes666
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
Seanusarrilius
huw
azania
Rowley
Rodney
kingraf
13 posters

Go down

Anyone catch the Ward-Froch twitter banter? Empty Anyone catch the Ward-Froch twitter banter?

Post by kingraf Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:48 pm

It happened four days ago. I dont think its the start of a route to a rematch, rather I think Ward just thinks Froch is a douche. Heres a few tweets

@andreward
@SkySportsBoxing Carl, why do you make so many
excuses when things don't go your way?? Answer
please...

to which

@Carl_Froch
@andreward @SkySportsBoxing You make me laugh
Ward! What's happened to your career!? So boring
kid, you could put a glass eye to sleep.

@andreward
@Carl_Froch Stop making excuses Carl...answer the
question. UK fans want to know...why?? Answer
please...

@andreward
@Carl_Froch You have to come stronger than that
bro! Only people who agree with you are your
neighbors in Nottingham!! Get some rest "champ"

@Carl_Froch
@andreward 18 thousand seat stadium sold out in 3
hours and being shown on the best platform on
PPV! Meanwhile you're still too boring! Zzzz

@andreward
@Carl_Froch I'll leave it for now "champ". I
know you have a big fight coming up...don't
want you to lose focus...that wouldn't be
good. Lol

@Carl_Froch
@andreward no problem big shot, I enjoy the
banter but your question is "boring" reminds me of
a style of fighting that fans can't watch LOL

@andreward
@Carl_Froch You got the last word "Champ" I'm
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Anyone catch the Ward-Froch twitter banter? Empty Re: Anyone catch the Ward-Froch twitter banter?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:54 pm

Proof positive that social networking is, in the main, a vehicle which allows people to unleash their inner (and occasionally outer) tw*t

Pair of them need a slap!

Back to top Go down

Anyone catch the Ward-Froch twitter banter? Empty Re: Anyone catch the Ward-Froch twitter banter?

Post by Rodney Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:58 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Proof positive that social networking is, in the main, a vehicle which allows people to unleash their inner (and occasionally outer) tw*t

Couldn't have put it better Dave mate , anyone who logs on to Facebook or twitter should have their hands blew off.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:59 pm

I'm a Friends Reunited man, I've gone old school (pardon the pun)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:02 am

Didnt a few revolutions get started on twitter? Plus I find news much faster on twitter than waiting for the morning paper. Facebook keeps me in touch with distant family and friends. and besides I dont think its much worse than the madness that happens here. daily
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:05 am

Ward is correct though. Always an excuse when Froch loses. He even complained that he was robbed in the ABA finals. #loser

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:06 am

Pair of keyboard warriors........

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:07 am

azania wrote:Ward is correct though. Always an excuse when Froch loses. He even complained that he was robbed in the ABA finals. #loser

Unlike khan whose blamed every trainer, lucky punch and a man wearing a hat!

Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:10 am

Rodney wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Proof positive that social networking is, in the main, a vehicle which allows people to unleash their inner (and occasionally outer) tw*t

Couldn't have put it better Dave mate , anyone who logs on to Facebook or twitter should have their hands blew off.

Cheers Rodders
At my wife's insistance, I opened a FACEBOOK account ("Why do I need one? I see you everyday, we can have a chat about our day when we get home. My status? Still at work!") Anyway, had it for about a week, people who I didn't invite to be friends all bombarded me with requests and then decided to fill my day for me by informing me of random **** that A/ Wasn't interesting and B/ was unlikely to make me ever want to be their friend in real life. Got rid of it after a week. Also had a TWITTER account for about 20 minutes. "Followed" Stephen Fry as he's regarded as something of a clever clogs....never read as much anti-depressant induced twaddle in my life.

Now, don't get me wrong, for people who want to be in touch with relatives abroad or people wanting to share various ideas re the Arts and Science, I agree there's a need for something akin to FACEBOOK but for people who just want to tell everyone else they're eating a banana whilst wearing one sock and thinking about buses.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:12 am

Funny and silly at the same time. Froch beats Kessler, this heats up and there is a rematch on HBO. HBO are showing Froch v Kessler Live and I think they will want to build Ward against the winner as Ward really has no other options in the division.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:33 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Rodney wrote:

Cheers Rodders
At my wife's insistance, I opened a FACEBOOK account ("Why do I need one? I see you everyday, we can have a chat about our day when we get home. My status? Still at work!") Anyway, had it for about a week, people who I didn't invite to be friends all bombarded me with requests and then decided to fill my day for me by informing me of random **** that A/ Wasn't interesting and B/ was unlikely to make me ever want to be their friend in real life. Got rid of it after a week. Also had a TWITTER account for about 20 minutes. "Followed" Stephen Fry as he's regarded as something of a clever clogs....never read as much anti-depressant induced twaddle in my life.

Now, don't get me wrong, for people who want to be in touch with relatives abroad or people wanting to share various ideas re the Arts and Science, I agree there's a need for something akin to FACEBOOK but for people who just want to tell everyone else they're eating a banana whilst wearing one sock and thinking about buses.....

The Lady doth protest too much...me thinks.........

My Son is on facebook but myself and the fiery red head are anti-social b*****ds

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:35 am

Rodney wrote:
azania wrote:Ward is correct though. Always an excuse when Froch loses. He even complained that he was robbed in the ABA finals. #loser

He didn't blame any of those. Why make stuff up? And what has it got to do with Khan? Wassup ayways, you don't like seeing your hero getting slapped about? Froch will lose to Kessler and blame something. If he goes against Ward he will lose badly. Love how Ward calls him "champ". Froch is the world's best paper champion.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:38 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:Funny and silly at the same time. Froch beats Kessler, this heats up and there is a rematch on HBO. HBO are showing Froch v Kessler Live and I think they will want to build Ward against the winner as Ward really has no other options in the division.

Ward schooled him once already. It wont sell on PPV seeing as all know the outcome already. Both fighters are not personalities so cannot sell. Perhaps Ward could come to Nottingham and slap Froch there. Sky will show it on PPV.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:55 am

Froch calling somebody boring????

Pot.....kettle.....black

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:43 am

I think the main reason Ward does not fill as many seats as he should is he simply does not fight enough..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:47 am

Ward is boring though I agree. Froch whilst having the personality of a nut still manages to put on entertaining fights. I'd rather watch him the ward, even if he isn't as good.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:52 am

It's why I don't have FB or Twitter. Douche talkers. WAR FROCHY!!!!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:42 am

azania wrote:
Rodney wrote:

He didn't blame any of those. Why make stuff up? And what has it got to do with Khan? Wassup ayways, you don't like seeing your hero getting slapped about? Froch will lose to Kessler and blame something. If he goes against Ward he will lose badly. Love how Ward calls him "champ". Froch is the world's best paper champion.

Mayweather is easily the best paper champion, the man at Welterweight but he is nothing but a paper champion at Light Middle and a damn fine paper champion too.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:52 am

davidemore wrote:It's why I don't have FB or Twitter. Douche talkers. WAR FROCHY!!!!

Yeah, twitters the worst. If you watch Keith Thurman-Malignaggi's press conference debate Paulie mentions it so Thurman says "i don't use twitter I'm not a little tweeterbird like you!" he made a fan for life out of me with that saying.

Actions speak louder than words! and words speak louder than "tweets"

#Hashtag

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down