The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ulster v Scarlets tickets

+2
The Great Aukster
clivemcl
6 posters

Go down

Ulster v Scarlets tickets Empty Ulster v Scarlets tickets

Post by clivemcl Sat 4 May - 20:34

So, its that time of year again when i annoy people by complaining. I will therefore post this and swiftly run away from the stern resonses from the likes of MrsP. Run

Ravenhill capacity is 12k (maybe less with the current work going on), and scarlets get 3k, leaving 9k tickets.

Every season ticket holder has an opportunity to buy one each between now and Tuesday.

How many STHs are there btw??

Then come Tuesday, every season ticket holder has the opportunity to buy 4 more tickets each until the ticket supply is exhausted.

In summary, there will be some people enjoying the game despite not being season ticket holders, but not me. Why, whats different about them? They are related to or know somebody who is a STH.

Now, I can understand bringing a spouse or a best friend, but ultimatly these people going as 'plus ones' are no more 'commtted' to the club financially than I am.

I feel hard done by.

I know for some of you on here, its very black and white and you will say 'if you love Ulster so much why arnt you a STH'? Well, I live 50 miles away from ravenhill, and I have no rugby loving friends who would accompany me on a regular basis. Never mind the fact that my family could benefit from my money being put into other things.

Anyway, I just don't understand it anyway. i know there is the idea of home adavantage, but there will prbably be a few thousand people in the country standing with open wallets willing to offer Ulster money for a ticket, and ulster won't be doing any transactions with them due to capacity.

Thats me done I think.

...sigh.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Ulster v Scarlets tickets Empty Re: Ulster v Scarlets tickets

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 4 May - 21:06

clivemcl wrote:In summary, there will be some people enjoying the game despite not being season ticket holders, but not me. Why, whats different about them? They are related to or know somebody who is a STH.

Have you considered that you don't have any STH friends because you slate them off so much?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 4 May - 21:46

I don't know who I've slated? Was there any slating in this post? Headscratch

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 4 May - 21:50

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 4 May - 23:45

Clive surely there must be an Ulster forum somewhere, and on there a season ticket holder wiling to pass on of their four +1 tickets onto a genuine fan. That sort of stuff happens on scarlet fever quite often, so it may be worth a try.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 5 May - 3:38

It's not personal Clive, it's just business. Thursday is for season ticket holders and New season ticket holders to buy up the remainder of the tickets. The reason for this is to sell more season tickets for next year. Realistically all current sts will have got by then. This is for people who are buying sts for next year.

You should be able to get one anyway. I doubt scarlets will sell all of theirs. But ravenhill has sold out 11 times this year and we have less tickets for this - did you expect anything else?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 5 May - 4:01

Any playoff game in the Pro12 will always have priority sales to season ticket holders- a) because Ulster can guarantee they go to Ulster fans b) to incentivise people to buy season tickets.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Sun 5 May - 4:17

should be a good scarlet presence at the game. the scarlets have already put on facebook their package for fans wanting to travel to ulster. it's seems really good value for money:

*Leave Parc y Scarlets Friday Morning
*90min Ferry Crossing from Holyhead - Dun Laoghaire at 10.15am
*1 Night Bed & Breakfast Park Inn Hotel Belfast
*Transfer to game included
*Return Saturday Dun Laoghaire – Holyhead at 1.30pm
*£129 per person
*£149 per person (single room)
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 5 May - 4:53

That sounds good OK
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun 5 May - 5:51

pioden gorllewin wrote:should be a good scarlet presence at the game. the scarlets have already put on facebook their package for fans wanting to travel to ulster. it's seems really good value for money:

*Leave Parc y Scarlets Friday Morning
*90min Ferry Crossing from Holyhead - Dun Laoghaire at 10.15am
*1 Night Bed & Breakfast Park Inn Hotel Belfast
*Transfer to game included
*Return Saturday Dun Laoghaire – Holyhead at 1.30pm
*£129 per person
*£149 per person (single room)

Enjoy! I seriously doubt you'll take 3k tho. Ulster should have some returns..
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down