The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murray on clay

+6
Haddie-nuff
sportslover
Wooffie
Priesty
Amazon
legendkillar
10 posters

Go down

Murray on clay Empty Murray on clay

Post by legendkillar Thu 05 May 2011, 8:07 pm

Murray was beaten by Bellucci in straight sets 6-4 6-2.

The commentators were spot on when they said that Murray didn't have enough pace in his strokes to the Bellucci forehand. Murray simply wasn't good enough today and I know he can play better then he did today. Bellucci deserves credit today though because his first serve was just huge!

On to Rome next before the French Open. Not sure what more Murray can add to his game in a short space of time. I think he needs to watch his match with Nadal at MC and play like that. Have the right pace in his shot selection.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Murray on clay Empty Re: Murray on clay

Post by Amazon Thu 05 May 2011, 8:17 pm

He was outplayed.
Bellucci got it just right, and Andy played into his hands by standing a mile behind the baseline and giving him far too much time.
He has a few days to work with Cahill and tweak a few things.
The mental attitude was good, the serve was good, but his returning was ineffective.
It's just a case of getting everything right at once like he did in MC.

Amazon

Back to top Go down

Post by Priesty Thu 05 May 2011, 11:13 pm

I thought he'd sail thru this one after the Simon win but you never know. Disappointing.

Priesty

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 05 May 2011, 11:26 pm

I only got in late tonight and have to say that I was Shocked ed to hear that Andy had lost.

Here's a little theory for thought. I was lucky to be there watching the Andy/Rafa semi in MC. We were pretty damn nervous, I can tell you, and were glad to see him on the other side of the draw here. But is Andy in some way too focussed in his drive to beat Rafa? He's seemed intent at working so hard in his fitness to beat him, and the diligent thought to his tactics in MC was working. And yet he then falls to "lesser" players. I don't know. You guys obviously know more about him than me. But sometimes I just don't get it.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Fri 06 May 2011, 9:02 am

OK he lost but it isn't the end of the world for him. He is playing on probably his least favourite surface, he has started working with a new coach and he was playing someone whom he has never played against before.

Bellucci was brought up on clay and he played exceptionally well, could be one for the future top ten no doubt.

Rome is up next and who knows what can happen.

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 06 May 2011, 9:23 am

Well I have to agree I find Andy totally perplexing... there is not one single thing that you can identify that is the nubb of his problem. He has all the ground strokes, he has the power, he has the serve ..so what is your problem Andy. ?? For me its getting to be when Ive seen one of Andy´s matches Ive seen them all. He changes nothing ..its a case of "if it HAS broke Andy fix it" cos its not working your way.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 06 May 2011, 1:55 pm

I don't think it is time to panic. He seems to be extra pumped when playing Nadal. Bellucci played a good game and is currently up on Berdych. I think with Murray it is a case he will lose to players who play better on clay. He has lost to Almagro and Ferrer on clay who play well on clay. I just think Murray needs to be a little more aggressive on clay.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Fri 06 May 2011, 7:00 pm

Hello Amazon and Priesty,

welcome to the forum.....I hope you like it here Smile

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Decrepitude Fri 06 May 2011, 8:02 pm

Well, Bellucci went on to beat Berdych (who has beaten Andy on clay before) and I read on another forum that he is top 5 on clay this year. Also, listening to Andy's comments after the match, it seems that the elbow is not completely recovered. It cannot be easy to wallop the ball with confidence if all the time you are worrying about an injury.

Decrepitude

Back to top Go down

Post by Priesty Fri 06 May 2011, 11:22 pm

Solerina wrote:Hello Amazon and Priesty,

welcome to the forum.....I hope you like it here Smile

Solerina

Thanks Solerina Very Happy

Priesty

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 07 May 2011, 7:17 am

Andy should be better on clay then he is. He moves so well has good groundstrokes and has a great deal of craft and ability. But his results on this surface in particular just don't add up to his talent.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by I AM AWESOME Sat 07 May 2011, 12:55 pm

I'm surprised that Andy usually is so poor on clay considering his playing style and the fact that he played a lot under clay when training to go pro.

I AM AWESOME

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down