The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Session 1: Through the magical egg chamber and to reallms unknown

+3
HM Murdock
kingraf
socal1976
7 posters

Go down

Session 1: Through the magical egg chamber and to reallms unknown Empty Session 1: Through the magical egg chamber and to reallms unknown

Post by socal1976 Wed 08 May 2013, 17:23

First off the egg chamber was located in a chiropractic office and it obviously hasn't caught on like a craze of any sort. I did 5x 5 minute sessions each of increasing intensity on my first session at 530 we started by six I was out of the office and making my way out for a match at 700 pm. It wasn't a particularly physical match I lost a tight first set tiebreak against a guy who runs in constantly and we play a lot of short points. I play this guy normally and I will say that in our matches I do typically get winded more often than I did last night. We played for an hour and 45 minutes of some pretty tight tennis and stopped early in the second set along with the warmup period.

Initially, verdict on the egg machine is that it is pretty amazing. After one session I felt less tired at the end of the match like I was just warming up although this was my first hit of the week. And the best part of it wasn't the feeling of the fitness, I mean I can handle this level of exertion no problem without it but the aches and pains. Muscle soreness is cut down by like 20-30 percent minimum even my chronically sore feet feel better. Also the advertising is true afterwards you sleep like a baby. The experience itself is highly irritating sitting in a little egg with a constant hissing noise and your ears popping every 5 seconds and having to open and close your mouth to keep your ear passages from clogging. Plus at times it does get harder to breathe. But I am surprised it hasn't caught on. The recovery powers are really cool. I don't know why I slept really well after a late tennis match and felt almost no soreness or tiredness after an hour and forty five minutes of play on hardcourt but I didn't. I mean this my normal routine but even so it seemed particularly easy last night. And usually I wake up from playing and have little aches every wear, this morning I feel nothing.

What they do is take you from 1500 feet to up to 10,000 feet and drop you down in a few seconds and the lift you back up in a few seconds. Constantly your ears are plugging up and popping through this whole process. I guess the goal is to strengthen your bodies ability to adapt to these changes and to pump oxygen at increased levels.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Session 1: Through the magical egg chamber and to reallms unknown Empty Re: Session 1: Through the magical egg chamber and to reallms unknown

Post by Guest Wed 08 May 2013, 17:27

Wow sounds amazing.

So does that mean you've revised your opinion on the effectiveness of the device?

Back to top Go down

Session 1: Through the magical egg chamber and to reallms unknown Empty Re: Session 1: Through the magical egg chamber and to reallms unknown

Post by socal1976 Wed 08 May 2013, 17:37

Yeah, I have revised it at least preliminarily this is session one, but after one session you feel a difference. Especially in terms of recovery, no aches and pains at all after nearly 2 hours on a hardcourt and that isn't normal. Neither is being able to sleep so soundly after playing till 900pm. When I play late like that I usually struggle to get to sleep. First thing in the morning for the first few minutes after I wake up after playing I am a bit stiff, this morning it was like all I did was have a little stroll last night in the park no aches nothing.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 May 2013, 17:41

Haha dont you feel 21 again??
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 08 May 2013, 17:59

Don't rub it in kingraf! But I will say initial impression is that it is a highly effective tool for athletes of all levels.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Wed 08 May 2013, 18:02

Good work Socal, above and beyond the call of duty!

Have you at any point felt compelled to tear your shirt, do impressions of tennis players or buy a poodle?

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 May 2013, 18:07

Youve convinced me Socal, I was going to buy a brand new Mercedes A-class in November, but now I will put down that money as down payment for a CVAC in a last ditch attempt to make it into the NBA. Being 5'11, Im probably going to need to invest in HGH as well, but I have a base!!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 08 May 2013, 18:09

LOL! Murdoch, no funny though I lost the one completed set we played to a guy I usually beat so I don't know if it increased my performance on the court but body wise I do feel much better than I usually feel after playing on a hardcourt. I can't believe he has a French poodle and its named pierre, I have to admit that is pretty funny, so much for the Serbian tough guy persona I suppose.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 08 May 2013, 18:10

kingraf wrote:Youve convinced me Socal, I was going to buy a brand new Mercedes A-class in November, but now I will put down that money as down payment for a CVAC in a last ditch attempt to make it into the NBA. Being 5'11, Im probably going to need to invest in HGH as well, but I have a base!!!

You better shoot lights out from three point range at that height my friend. But look at nate robinson he is shorter than you are and he is having one incredible playoff run.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 08 May 2013, 18:15

Is it covering your EPO usage well?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 May 2013, 18:20

What about your hair, has it grown back?

Do you still need specs?

ghost

emancipator - hello, has anyone seen BOO?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 May 2013, 18:25

Sadly, Socal, my skillset is more Blake Griffin than Chris Paul, hence the HGH.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 08 May 2013, 18:38

emancipator wrote:What about your hair, has it grown back?

Do you still need specs?

ghost

If the egg chamber could cure low level mental retardation I would sign you up for 100 sessions on me.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 May 2013, 19:19

socal1976 wrote:
emancipator wrote:What about your hair, has it grown back?

Do you still need specs?

ghost

If the egg chamber could cure low level mental retardation I would sign you up for 100 sessions on me.

I guess that means no. Sad

Never mind, maybe after a couple of sessions people will think you've stopped doing the oompa doompa fat Dave impression.

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed 08 May 2013, 19:21

Have to say, that really does sound impressive. I wish they were more widely available, I'd love to see how they affected other sports as well. Do you know how they adjust the 'altitude' in the chamber, socal? And are you heading back for more drinks at the fountain of youth in the future? Wink

Thanks for reporting back!

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 08 May 2013, 22:13

Silver wrote:Have to say, that really does sound impressive. I wish they were more widely available, I'd love to see how they affected other sports as well. Do you know how they adjust the 'altitude' in the chamber, socal? And are you heading back for more drinks at the fountain of youth in the future? Wink

Thanks for reporting back!

I don't the exact aspect of it but they simulate changes in air pressure and oxygen levels to simulate changes in altitude in order to get your body to adapt. I don't know about it being a fountain of youth but I feel real good today after 2 hours of hardcourt tennis. It really helps recovery right from the first session. I mean my match wasn't anything I am not used to but the soreness is always there and it wasn't today.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Thu 09 May 2013, 02:46

socal, this is so cool. What a great idea to try it out and post the results here. I am surprised how well that thing works; very educational and entertaining read.

OK

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 09 May 2013, 15:38

Thanks summer, I signed up for three sessions and if there are any interesting updates will keep you guys posted. I really was stunned how well it worked, particularly in regards to my sleep and recovery. I mean I slept like a baby after a match that finished at 900 pm usually I can't get to bed till past midnight or one oclock on those late match nights.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 09 May 2013, 15:58

Sounds like CVAC has found a new sales rep...lol Wink
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 09 May 2013, 16:11

I do like it Lydian, but it was one session. I think because I really went in skeptical the fact that it did have an appreciable result on the first session is what surprised me.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 09 May 2013, 16:11

I'm more shocked that Socal is trying to sell us thin air!!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 09 May 2013, 16:22

LOL! lets see what the long term results are I plan on doing at least 3 sessions in quick succession but if it helps just with the sleep and the recovery it is well worth the massive 75 dollars an hour they are charging me, I just heard from our sales lady at work an older woman who uses it for her arthritis and she pays 60 bucks an hour, I am being ripped off as well. She says it even helps her with arthritis although I know that is not what it is meant for, but she is into all these holistic medicine things.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down