The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan wants Floyd

+12
TopHat24/7
bellchees
sittingringside
PPVxHOTTY
Herman Jaeger
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
manos de piedra
88Chris05
Duty281
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
azania
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Khan wants Floyd Empty Khan wants Floyd

Post by azania Thu May 09, 2013 11:53 pm

Apparently he has been twittering a lot about the fight saying that Garcia and Lamont will be around longer than Floyd and will rematch either at 147 (the move up is on apparently). He continued and said Judah gave Floyd problems and lasted 5 with him. Styles make fights.

Good move. Go for the big money fight and hope for the lottery win.

Floyd KO in 5. 3 rounds to figure the speed and 2 rounds to get rid. Great fight while it lasts I reckon.

azania

Back to top Go down

Khan wants Floyd Empty Re: Khan wants Floyd

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri May 10, 2013 12:01 am

Khan should f**k right off.

He is penned in to fight the winner of Peterson, Mathese, and Garcia but already Queen Khant is looking at Mayweather why?

Let me tell you why!

Because Khan is less then a man. Everyone knows that you fight Floyd you make more money then you ever will with the bonus of not getting hurt. Floyd is not a big murderous puncher like Prescott or Maidana both of whom Queeny has DUCKED so yeah lets make the money and go for the safe option.

Khan needs to come through the tourny and look good doing so, he can't expect to earn a fight with Floyd after going 12 GRUELING rounds with a Tijuana cab driver.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 10, 2013 12:03 am

So you don't think Khan should fight Mayweather then ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri May 10, 2013 12:05 am

Do you Amir? Well I would very much want Keira Knightley in a bed all to myself, looks like we're both in for a long wait!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 10, 2013 12:07 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Khan should f**k right off.

He is penned in to fight the winner of Peterson, Mathese, and Garcia but already Queen Khant is looking at Mayweather why?

Let me tell you why!

Because Khan is less then a man. Everyone knows that you fight Floyd you make more money then you ever will with the bonus of not getting hurt. Floyd is not a big murderous puncher like Prescott or Maidana both of whom Queeny has DUCKED so yeah lets make the money and go for the safe option.

Khan needs to come through the tourny and look good doing so, he can't expect to earn a fight with Floyd after going 12 GRUELING rounds with a Tijuana cab driver.

What a rant. Laugh

Err he fought and beat Maidana.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 10, 2013 12:08 am

Fight is a valid one.......Depends on how much Khan thinks he's worth!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri May 10, 2013 12:09 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So you don't think Khan should fight Mayweather then ??

Why should he fight Mayweather next when El - bumcano made Khan do his Saturday night fever routine????

Khan needs to look very good against either Peterson, Garcia or Mathese.

I for 1 hope he gets knocked the F**K OUT!

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 10, 2013 12:10 am

Duty281 wrote:Do you Amir? Well I would very much want Keira Knightley in a bed all to myself, looks like we're both in for a long wait!

She's a stick insect. I want curves. Give me a booty over that flat back ho.

Anyway, Khan should go for it. Why not? He has as much chance as all other guys around that weight. One thing though, Khan brings excitement and is hardly in a boring fight. Dont know about you guys, but I want to see exciting fights as opposed to a supposed masterclass that sends fans scrambling for the bar during the fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 10, 2013 12:11 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So you don't think Khan should fight Mayweather then ??

Why should he fight Mayweather next when El - bumcano made Khan do his Saturday night fever routine????

Khan needs to look very good against either Peterson, Garcia or Mathese.

I for 1 hope he gets knocked the F**K OUT!

So you wont support him then?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 10, 2013 12:13 am

Don't want anybody in my bed this time of year......... Sad

Having hot sweaty betty rubbing against you during the night makes the bed feel like a sauna...

Oh to be free as a bird..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 10, 2013 12:16 am

What the hell are you on about? Erm

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 10, 2013 12:17 am

Good question ...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri May 10, 2013 12:17 am

i would not support Khan no.

Nothing against him but he just seems to want the easy road in boxing. He talks too much. He said a couple of years back that he would clean up 140 but that never happened did it. He said he was the greatest lightweight and now after getting spanked a couple of times he says he is an exciting fighter.

Make up your mind.

His flaws and paper chin make him exciting.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri May 10, 2013 12:18 am

Not viable right now, unfortunately. Had Mayweather returned for a November / December 2011 date after his spell of inactivity after Mosley (rather than the September 2011 date he used for Ortiz), then Khan-Mayweather at the back end of that year would have made perfect sense, right on the back of Khan hammering Judah and, in the eyes of many, having also forced Bradley to flee the 140 lb division (but let's not get going on that issue).

Khan's stock has just fallen too much since then, however. Victories over an overmatched Molina and a (now) gatekeeper in Diaz? These aren't the kind of wins that command a fight against Floyd, or even get you in the frame, really. It's been a while since Khan really added anything of great significance to his CV and we know that Floyd much prefers to strike once a fighter has just scored a big win.

Khan can dream on for that Mayweather fight if he so desires - after all, just about everyone between 140 and 154 must have dreamed of that pay day once or twice before - but I don't see how that fight can really be viable at the moment.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 10, 2013 12:22 am

Bradley/ Marquez winner would be the sensible option...

Khan could be a time filler for that providing he gets real over money..

Garcia is more likely..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri May 10, 2013 12:29 am

If he wants Mayweather then he has to beat Berto first.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri May 10, 2013 12:41 am

Khan is so delusional, reading the comments whenever he talks about Floyd is hilarious, everyone just rips him apart as they know that he's a fool looking for a big payday without earning it

He thinks he's got the style to beat Floyd, the man can't even stay away from Diaz effectively

Struggle to see Showtime accepting this fight given how poorly Floyd-Guerrero did and Floyd is getting $32mil at least with every fight

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri May 10, 2013 1:19 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Khan is so delusional, reading the comments whenever he talks about Floyd is hilarious, everyone just rips him apart as they know that he's a fool looking for a big payday without earning it

He thinks he's got the style to beat Floyd, the man can't even stay away from Diaz effectively

Struggle to see Showtime accepting this fight given how poorly Floyd-Guerrero did and Floyd is getting $32mil at least with every fight

My point exactly.

Khan was sitting ringside with the other Floyd groupies salivating over Floyd and a potential fight. They see Floyd as easy money no harm. Khan would have my respect had he rematched Prescott and Maidana then I would think that he has balls.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 10, 2013 1:42 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Khan is so delusional, reading the comments whenever he talks about Floyd is hilarious, everyone just rips him apart as they know that he's a fool looking for a big payday without earning it

Not everyone. Every fighter between 140-154 wants to fight Floyd for the career high pay they will get. So why not Khan? His chances of winning are slightly less than zero but the chance of the fight happening in UK are slightly above that. But so what if he hasn't a hope in hell. What did Rees do to achieve a career high against Broner? Plus Floyd is not a swarming fighter who will give Khan fits. He has a good a chance as any other boxer of winning. Zero. But it hasn;t stopped others.

Credit to him for wanting to fight the very best there is.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 10, 2013 1:44 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

My point exactly.

Khan was sitting ringside with the other Floyd groupies salivating over Floyd and a potential fight. They see Floyd as easy money no harm. Khan would have my respect had he rematched Prescott and Maidana then I would think that he has balls.

The thing Khan has been accused of is having too much balls. He was signed to rematch Peterson until LP decided to cheat.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri May 10, 2013 1:59 am

If by some freak occurrence Peterson beats Matthysse, then expect Khan to stay at 140 to fight Peterson/Garcia.

If Matthysse wins, expect Khan to move to 147.

This is all about Khan and his refusal to fight the Argentine.

Khan doesn't deserve a fight with Mayweather that's the bottom line. If he does get a fight with Money on the back of his recent performances, then he becomes boxing's lottery winner.

I don't know what is more of a joke really- Khan getting a fight with Mayweather, or those that think the fight is viable.

Last edited by Herman Jaggery on Fri May 10, 2013 5:25 am; edited 2 times in total

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 10, 2013 2:15 am

What indication has he given that he wants to avoid Lucas? Has Khan ducked anyone? Geez, people who hate Khan seem to make stuff up as they go along.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri May 10, 2013 2:26 am

The biggest mystery to me is that some people say Khan is always looking to take on the best.

For the last couple of years, Khan has been about only one thing. Taking the path of least resistance to get a fight with Mayweather.

If you can't see that, then I really do feel sorry for you.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2013 2:48 am

Duty281 wrote:Do you Amir? Well I would very much want Keira Knightley in a bed all to myself, looks like we're both in for a long wait!

Would you really Duty? I thought your 'first boyfriend was mixed race' Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Fri May 10, 2013 2:58 am

Khan deserves chance just as much as any boxer, if Guerrero and Ortiz had a shot then why not Khan, some of you may say Guerrero and Ortiz were coming off good wins 'both against Berto' but Mayweather dosent look at belts. He may look at which guy holds the biggest pay check but Khan just say a sell out Wembley against Mayweather will be decent. As a fan of the sport I want to see this fight but realistically speaking Mayweather will teach him a boxing lesson.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri May 10, 2013 3:34 am

Khan has an ice cream's chance in hell against Mayweather, and that's from a fan. He also isn't the most deserving of a fight with Mayweather. However, with all the talk recently about Floyd potentially coming to the u.k, wanting to connect with u.k fans etc, it's obvious to see how he thinks he's in the frame. If he thinks he can get the fight, I'm not going to criticize him for trying to get it. It's pretty funny how Khan gets called a ducker whilst calling out the best fighter of the last decade.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri May 10, 2013 3:53 am

It's pretty funny how Khan gets called a ducker whilst calling out the best fighter of the last decade. [/quote]

Because Mayweather can't punch above light welter. And Matthysse could put him in a coma.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri May 10, 2013 4:01 am

Khan is a lot of things but a ducker he isn't. A lot of people didn't like his skipping of the British and Euro belts pretty much claiming he was above them or didn't need them but at that stage in his career you can have Warren to thank for those decisions. Since the Warren split I imagine he has more say in the choice of opponents and has consistently went after the best apart from the occasional soft mandatory defence or home coming fight. He wanted the Bradley fight but that didn't happen, wanted to go straight back in with Peterson but that didn't happen because PETERSON CHEATED now is chasing the best fighter in the sport.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri May 10, 2013 4:04 am

He's ducking Matthysse though.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri May 10, 2013 4:14 am

Matthysse already has fights lined up, how is Khan ducking him any more than any other fighter with the exception of Peterson who he is signed to fight?

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri May 10, 2013 4:26 am

Well Matthysse has to fight Danny Garcia first of course. That would give Khan the perfect opportunity to take another rebuilding fight.

Of course, what has now become clear is that Khan is no longer in the rebuilding phase.

What I still want to know though is how does the fourth or fifth best light welterweight in the world deserve a shot at Floyd?

Either become number one at lww, or move up and become number two at welterweight. THEN he is deserving. No?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri May 10, 2013 5:31 am

Khan is not ducking Matthysse. There has never been a proposed fight between them, Matthysse is not Khan's mandatory or visa versa, there is simply no evidence to prove that Khan is ducking him.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri May 10, 2013 9:41 am

There has never been a proposed fight between them

Khan to face the winner of Richard Schaefer's 'tournament', though now only 'verbally agreed' tournament.

Is that not a proposition? A proposition by proxy.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri May 10, 2013 10:53 am

emancipator wrote:

Would you really Duty? I thought your 'first boyfriend was mixed race' Whistle

My sexuality is very much in the middle emancipator.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri May 10, 2013 11:15 am

azania wrote:

Not everyone. Every fighter between 140-154 wants to fight Floyd for the career high pay they will get. So why not Khan? His chances of winning are slightly less than zero but the chance of the fight happening in UK are slightly above that. But so what if he hasn't a hope in hell. What did Rees do to achieve a career high against Broner? Plus Floyd is not a swarming fighter who will give Khan fits. He has a good a chance as any other boxer of winning. Zero. But it hasn;t stopped others.

Credit to him for fighting the best, for what? For wanting to fight floyd? Everyone from 135-160 probabaly would give an arm and a leg to fight Floyd (and most of them have called him out at least once) because he will guarentee you your career high purse. If Khan wanted to prove he wanted to fight the best then he would fight the likes of Peterson, Garcia, Matthysse or even Pacquiao. Khan is trying desperately to get Floyd for the payday only, as if he honestly believes he can trouble Floyd then he's dumber than I thought. Why not khan, maybe because he's got a couple losses and his wins have been poor

Well next to everyone is fed up of Khan. Boxingscene, BoxingNews24, fight hype, fight news are all websites where I have seen Khan absolutely drilled by fans as they saw how poor he was against Diaz. He has probabaly come out 3 times since Floyd-Guerrero about fighting Floyd and saying how he's this and that and fans just aren't biting

He needs to shut up and try to avenge his losses before calling out Floyd or even talking about Floyd. Throughout his career he has always talked about Floyd and needed to just focus on himself

I also don't think he's ducking Matthysse. I think he'd rather fight Garcia or Peterson but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's ducking Lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri May 10, 2013 11:20 am

Herman Jaggery wrote:There has never been a proposed fight between them

Khan to face the winner of Richard Schaefer's 'tournament', though now only 'verbally agreed' tournament.

Is that not a proposition? A proposition by proxy.

Matthysse has theoretically got 2 fights before then, which he is in no way guaranteed to win. I think it's pretty loose to be calling that a duck.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 10, 2013 11:26 am

He fought and beat peterson. I don't see why he shouldn't call out Floyd. He has as much chance of winning as everyone else.

Don't know why people are fed up with the most exciting British fighter who actively seeks out the biggest challengers out there. They probably have issues like his haters here.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri May 10, 2013 11:35 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
azania wrote:

Credit to him for fighting the best, for what? For wanting to fight floyd? Everyone from 135-160 probabaly would give an arm and a leg to fight Floyd (and most of them have called him out at least once) because he will guarentee you your career high purse. If Khan wanted to prove he wanted to fight the best then he would fight the likes of Peterson, Garcia, Matthysse or even Pacquiao. Khan is trying desperately to get Floyd for the payday only, as if he honestly believes he can trouble Floyd then he's dumber than I thought. Why not khan, maybe because he's got a couple losses and his wins have been poor

Well next to everyone is fed up of Khan. Boxingscene, BoxingNews24, fight hype, fight news are all websites where I have seen Khan absolutely drilled by fans as they saw how poor he was against Diaz. He has probabaly come out 3 times since Floyd-Guerrero about fighting Floyd and saying how he's this and that and fans just aren't biting

He needs to shut up and try to avenge his losses before calling out Floyd or even talking about Floyd. Throughout his career he has always talked about Floyd and needed to just focus on himself

I also don't think he's ducking Matthysse. I think he'd rather fight Garcia or Peterson but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's ducking Lucas

Would you not agree that he was influenced somewhat in his calling for the fight by Ellerbe's comments about wanting to fight in the u.k etc? If you thought that you were potentially in the frame for the fight, and Khan is still the u.k's premier fighter in and around welter, would you not try and make it happen? I am Absolutely not saying that Khan is the most deserving of the opportunity, or even high up the list of the most deserving, but that doesn't mean that he should be blamed for trying to secure a huge career fight (and payday). Boxing is his job.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri May 10, 2013 11:38 am

Of course he does, because everyone wants Floyd, because Floyd is everyone's biggest pay day!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri May 10, 2013 11:43 am

azania wrote:

What a wonderfully contradictory post! First you say that everyone wants Floyd because of the biggest pay-day (correct) and then you say Khan should be credited for wanting to fight the best! Ermmmmmmm I think, as you've just explained, it's the pay day he wants (like everyone else).

Unless your tongue really is that far up his bumhole that you think Khan is unique in wanting Floyd purely as some kind of altruistic heroic challenge....... Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 10, 2013 11:48 am

The payday and the challenge. Khan has always sought out the best.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri May 10, 2013 11:51 am

Perhaps, but Khan has been talking about Floyd long before ellerbe announced that he might fight in the UK, so I don't think its that. I also don't believe that Floyd will fight anywhere but Vegas

I understand he wants "the" payday, everyone wants "the" payday though and right now Khan is one of the least deserving of a shot. He keeps on about his speed being a problem for Floyd which is just ridiculous, a fighter as good as Floyd doesn't just get beat by Speed, and if slow fighters like Diaz can catch khan as regularly as they like then what will Floyd do

Az he didn't beat Peterson. I'm fed up of him trying to talk his way into being better than he is. If he shut up and just went about his business then no problem, but he doesn't. He is a delusional idiot and runs his mouth too much. Trash talking is different, Khan always talks about how talented he is with his speed, his power, his heart etc but he really isn't and there are only so many interviews you can take from him

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 10, 2013 11:56 am

LP cheated. The ref was a clown. Khan won that figjt. Only haters hold it against him. He deserves it as much as RG did.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri May 10, 2013 11:58 am

Perhaps Khan is perfect for Mayweather. Will be PPV in UK as well as America. Probably brings more to the table than any other boxer around 147 at the moment, that and it should be an easy nights work.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri May 10, 2013 12:05 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Perhaps, but Khan has been talking about Floyd long before ellerbe announced that he might fight in the UK, so I don't think its that. I also don't believe that Floyd will fight anywhere but Vegas

I understand he wants "the" payday, everyone wants "the" payday though and right now Khan is one of the least deserving of a shot. He keeps on about his speed being a problem for Floyd which is just ridiculous, a fighter as good as Floyd doesn't just get beat by Speed, and if slow fighters like Diaz can catch khan as regularly as they like then what will Floyd do

Az he didn't beat Peterson. I'm fed up of him trying to talk his way into being better than he is. If he shut up and just went about his business then no problem, but he doesn't. He is a delusional idiot and runs his mouth too much. Trash talking is different, Khan always talks about how talented he is with his speed, his power, his heart etc but he really isn't and there are only so many interviews you can take from him

It must literally be unbearable for you listening to most boxers talk. We agree that he isn't one of the most deserving of a shot, I just think that the hate he gets for trying to do his job by promoting himself is absolutely ridiculous. You won't get far in championship boxing without the 'delusion' that you can beat any prospective opponent.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri May 10, 2013 12:22 pm

azania wrote:LP cheated. The ref was a clown. Khan won that figjt. Only haters hold it against him. He deserves it as much as RG did.

1. Correct.
2. Correct.
3. Incorrect. The record shows he lost, indepedent scoring is split between won, lost or drawn.
4. Incorrect. You can be objective (and by 'you' I obviously don't mean yourself) and say that Khan lost the fight and performed poorly against a guy his was expected to roll over.
5. Incorrect. Guerrero's last 5 fight record is substantially better than Khan's. Khan after Judah had a much stronger claim than he does now following 2 losses (1 disputed), rolling over an average LW and struggling past an old former LW.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri May 10, 2013 12:25 pm

PPVxHOTTY wrote:Khan deserves chance just as much as any boxer, if Guerrero and Ortiz had a shot then why not Khan, some of you may say Guerrero and Ortiz were coming off good wins 'both against Berto' but Mayweather dosent look at belts. He may look at which guy holds the biggest pay check but Khan just say a sell out Wembley against Mayweather will be decent. As a fan of the sport I want to see this fight but realistically speaking Mayweather will teach him a boxing lesson.
Guerrero didn't 'get a shot' at Mayweather, he earnt it.

Guerrero won the interim WBC strap then beat Berto in an eliminator to make him Mayweather's number 1 contender.

Khan hasn't fought at welterweight and there's little chance of him being Mayweather's mandatory.

Ortiz won the WBC strap and that enticed Mayweather to fight him.

If Khan wants to fight Mayweather, he should go beat Alexander and then entice Mayweathet into a unification fight.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri May 10, 2013 12:27 pm

azania wrote:LP cheated. The ref was a clown. Khan won that figjt. Only haters hold it against him. He deserves it as much as RG did.
Yeah as Guerrero leaving SFW where the he the main man and going up 3 weight classes to get a fight against Mayweather wasn't deserving.

Guerrero earnt his shot.

Tell glass chin Khan to fight Berto.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Fri May 10, 2013 12:28 pm

This wouldnt be a great fight for Mayweather's critics but for Floyd it does make sense. Its a nice inbetween opponent to keep him more active. Khan is a reasonable name within boxing, the fight would sell, it would be another straight forward win, minimul wear and tear to help his longevity and a decent wedge earned in the process.
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 10, 2013 12:34 pm

Khan is a former lw also.

But for the dodgy ref Khan wins.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content