The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salford City Reds ......................the rules dont apply to us

2 posters

Go down

Salford City Reds ......................the rules dont apply to us  Empty Salford City Reds ......................the rules dont apply to us

Post by Kenny Fri 10 May 2013, 11:25 am

Salford City Reds owner Marwan Koukash has openly come out in an interview and stated that Salford will break the Superleague salary cap of £1.8 million next season . Koukash had approached the RFL and asked for the cap to be raised but was told it would stay at it's current level next season .
Koukash said " I will spend over the salary cap . I will just recreate what other clubs do - hopefully i will be able to find some high paid jobs for the players wives "

Now I'm sure this does happen at certain clubs , but to come out and openly say your going to do it is stupid . And in all honesty i think now he has said it Salford should start next season with a 10 points deduction .
Don't get me wrong i welcome Mr Koukash and his money into our sport but the salary cap is there to try and create an even playing field for all clubs , so by openly saying that you are just going to do what ever you want and to hell with the rules is wrong imo .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Salford City Reds ......................the rules dont apply to us  Empty Re: Salford City Reds ......................the rules dont apply to us

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 May 2013, 11:47 am

Why don't the RFL just raise the cap to £2.5 million or something?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Salford City Reds ......................the rules dont apply to us  Empty Re: Salford City Reds ......................the rules dont apply to us

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 May 2013, 11:50 am

Although I agree it is silly and arrogant to come out and say something like that. Last thing we need is more controversy.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 10 May 2013, 11:51 am

Linebreaker wrote:Why don't the RFL just raise the cap to £2.5 million or something?

Simply because only a hand full of clubs could afford to spend that much , if you add the combined debt of all 14 Superleague clubs together the figure is something like £63 million pounds . I'm almost certain no club is running at a profit so just get further and further in debt
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 10 May 2013, 11:53 am

Linebreaker wrote:Although I agree it is silly and arrogant to come out and say something like that. Last thing we need is more controversy.

Exactly , it's like saying i've got all this cash and i will do what i want why should i have to stick to your rules
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 11:58 am

The guy is a moron. You can't come out and say stuff like this and even hope to get away with it

Personally if he were to do this I'd just deduct any opoints they get whilst over the salary cap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 May 2013, 12:04 pm

Kenny wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:Why don't the RFL just raise the cap to £2.5 million or something?

Simply because only a hand full of clubs could afford to spend that much , if you add the combined debt of all 14 Superleague clubs together the figure is something like £63 million pounds . I'm almost certain no club is running at a profit so just get further and further in debt

Ooops. I forgot about the £63 million pound debt. Doh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 10 May 2013, 12:30 pm

Without huge investment in Superleague ( not just one or two teams ) it will not grow , but there aren't a lot of wealthy rugby fans wanting to invest .

Then you get the RFL turning down over a million pounds in sponsorship last season in favour of having teams photos on the sides of lorrys mad

Going back to Mr Koukash , if he had not said anything and just done it then who would be the wiser ? Instead he has come out in the media and blatantly flounted the rules of the game
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 May 2013, 2:31 pm

Don't you think they would have caught him sooner or later? Like over here... years pass and then suddenly somebody discovers the books were cooked when they do a thorough audit on a club.

The key would be to get a watertight deal with a sponsor (no paper trails!) where certain players get a few 'little treats on the side' Wink
I'm sure they probably try to do that anyway.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 10 May 2013, 3:06 pm

I know of a former NRL player in this city who is driving round in a free £60,000 car
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 11 May 2013, 1:27 am

Is that Dobson, Mixta or Corey Paterson?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down