The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donal Walsh - RIP

Go down

Donal Walsh - RIP Empty Donal Walsh - RIP

Post by brennomac Tue May 14, 2013 12:49 am

Was just reported today that Donal Walsh, the young lad from Kerry, has finally succumbed to cancer at the age of just 16. I know nothing more about this lad other than what I have read, but he was a mad rugby fan whose ambition was to play one day for Munster. What he has achieved since he was first diagnosed is absolutely inspiring - never getting downbeat, raising more than 50k for Crumlin children's hospital, campaigning against youth suicide - even exchanging tweets with Dan Carter.

The interview attached from the Indo makes heartbreaking reading and it shows how heroically he battled his cancer - but sadly he passed away over the weekend with his family around him in Blennerville. His family and friends are no doubt heartbroken, but hopefully they can at some stage console themselves with the thoughts of his courage and inspiration.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/donal-walsh-i-wanted-to-live-to-play-for-munster-to-travel-the-whole-world-29194810.html

brennomac

Back to top Go down