The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He's Just A Boy

+8
azania
AlexHuckerby
sittingringside
TRUSSMAN66
Valero's Conscience
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
ONETWOFOREVER
davidemore
12 posters

Go down

He's Just A Boy Empty He's Just A Boy

Post by davidemore Wed 15 May 2013, 3:13 am

Mayweather got heaps of praise for taking out Diego when he was a nipper. Now we have Canelo at the tender age of 22, with no real amateur background, rocking it at 40 plus and... oh, with Trout, fish-faced Austin, as a victim.

I know I hated on Canelo in the past, he was making millions and was gifted the WBC without even having to fight a natural 154 'er. Still, props where it's due, he wants everyone now. Sure he gets butchered at 147 against Mayweather, and sure he's trying to bully the master bully into fighting at 154, a weight that really means 170 for Canelo come fight night. However, he is willing, and if he beats the now passed it Cotto, it be interesting to see who he fights after that money spinner.

Sergio is an obvious fight for me, as is Julio Jr. Canelo can fight both and not be out sized IMO. Both would be huge fights, HUGE, both winnable.

But what really shocks me is his age. He's closer to being a littler teenager than he is mid-twenties!

How far can this guy go? How many hall of famers/elite/world level fighters can he face, how man Champs. How many wins can he make?

I want to know.

Shocked Sad Smile Very Happy emotional.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

He's Just A Boy Empty Re: He's Just A Boy

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 15 May 2013, 3:46 am

He is a solid fighter.

Been a pro nce the age of 15 and has picked up stuff fighters learn later on in their careers.

For me he can go all the way as he is already a star in Mexico. As with most Mexicans he will be exposed by the first slick African American that he meets and he will avoid such fighters in future.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 15 May 2013, 3:57 am

Will no doubt pick up losses here and there but the kid is an obvious talent. He's got a good boxing brain, a very mature/veteran approach to his boxing, calm head, physically he's like a bull and he's got fast explosive power. Add good footwork and great upper body movement that he showed against Trout and you can't not been impressed

Fights in spurts though which can be dangerous going forward but his stamina may improve as he continues to develop which he will as he is so young. I don't think he has poor stamina per se, but he throws every shot with bad intentions and throws combo's with lots of velocity. You never see him pushing his punches out, they're always crisp which means that he still has a lot of gas left even when it looks like he's tired

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 15 May 2013, 5:11 am

Can't not like the guy IMO.

He was gifted the belt by that putrid WBC cheif aka JCC Jr's uncle but he appears to fight whoever his team give him rather than him ducking.

After Trout beat Cotto, a lot of people thought he was too risky for Canelo early on in his career but took him on and beat him.

A Cotto fight will be a massacre for Cotto IMO.

He's entertaining to watch with good combos.

I'd like to see him face Martinez or JCC Jr too as they would be big fights and entertaining.

For his age he's incredible however if you're a champion you should be expected to face the toughest competition and age is completely irrelevant.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 15 May 2013, 5:24 am

Exactly, the trout fight was a fight that many thought that he'd dodge and his promoters wanted to make Canelo-Cotto but he went to them and flat out said that he wanted Trout and only Trout and fair play to him

Add to the fact that many thought Trout would beat him conclusively and expose him, but he performed brilliantly and came away with the deserved win

I feel for him too, the guy has to be one of the unluckiest guys out there. The Kirkland, Ortiz and Willaims situations are all known

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 15 May 2013, 5:30 am

He's never fought anybody and gets praise "Because he wants everyone"...

We got a guy who has fought the best and gets battered because he's a coward...

Read it all...........

I want Klitscho...Write a thread praising me!!

Words are cheap Son......When you get a little older you'll realise that!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 15 May 2013, 5:46 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
I feel for him too, the guy has to be one of the unluckiest guys out there. The Kirkland, Ortiz and Willaims situations are all known

Forgot about those! Ortiz and Willaims especially would of been a great test.

Great shame about Williams Sad

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Wed 15 May 2013, 5:55 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He's never fought anybody and gets praise "Because he wants everyone"...

We got a guy who has fought the best and gets battered because he's a coward...

Read it all...........

I want Klitscho...Write a thread praising me!!

Words are cheap Son......When you get a little older you'll realise that!!

He wanted Trout, and he got him, and he beat him. That does deserve praise.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 15 May 2013, 5:58 am

It was a decent victory..........Trout was worthy......I'll take it back...

But words are cheap...........It has to be said.

I tell my Wife I love her all the time.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Wed 15 May 2013, 6:02 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It was a decent victory..........Trout was worthy......I'll take it back...

But words are cheap...........It has to be said.

I tell my Wife I love her all the time.. Cool

I mean, you're right about boxer-talk in general for sure. If we gave praise for public calling out, then Fury and Haye would be national heroes.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 15 May 2013, 6:11 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:He is a solid fighter.

Been a pro nce the age of 15 and has picked up stuff fighters learn later on in their careers.

For me he can go all the way as he is already a star in Mexico. As with most Mexicans he will be exposed by the first slick African American that he meets and he will avoid such fighters in future.

Trout was a slick African American was he not? But I see where you're coming from.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 15 May 2013, 6:13 am

But Canelo called out Trout and fought trout, can't see the problem

Kirkland was the biggest puncher at 154 at the time, and Canelo is chinny

Williams is world class and between his engine, size and experiance would have been a great win

Ortiz is a big welterweight and good enough for Floyd, not Canelo's fault he lost

He has tried to push forward in his career and he's had to wait for a big fight like he got vs Trout

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 15 May 2013, 7:19 am

Valero's Conscience wrote:Can't not like the guy IMO.

He was gifted the belt by that putrid WBC cheif aka JCC Jr's uncle but he appears to fight whoever his team give him rather than him ducking.

After Trout beat Cotto, a lot of people thought he was too risky for Canelo early on in his career but took him on and beat him.

I'd like to see him face Martinez or JCC Jr too as they would be big fights and entertaining.

For his age he's incredible however if you're a champion you should be expected to face the toughest competition and age is completely irrelevant.

He's been a pro for 7 years. It's not early in his career and he is now a seasoned professional.

Floyd beats him regardless of the weight difference.

I'd like to see him fight Chavez. That's a natural and huge fight for Mexico. Perhaps on May 5th next year.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 15 May 2013, 7:20 am

be like father fighting Son........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 15 May 2013, 7:37 am

Chavez vs Canelo on Cinco de Mayo would be HUGE PPV wise. plus a million, and if Chavez doesn't lose before then a genuinely intriguing fight.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 15 May 2013, 8:31 am

davidemore wrote:Chavez vs Canelo on Cinco de Mayo would be HUGE PPV wise. plus a million, and if Chavez doesn't lose before then a genuinely intriguing fight.

Chavez might be too big for Alvarez to agree to fight him.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 15 May 2013, 8:32 am

Alvarez can put on weight. He enters the ring at 170. Even if Chavez ring weight is 180, it's only 10 lbs. Make the fight Saul.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 15 May 2013, 8:38 am

azania wrote:
Valero's Conscience wrote:Can't not like the guy IMO.

The 5th of May next year is a Monday. I like it MONDAY NIGHT PPV!!! Although I will have work on the Tuesday to wont be able to watch it
He's been a pro for 7 years. It's not early in his career and he is now a seasoned professional.

Floyd beats him regardless of the weight difference.

I'd like to see him fight Chavez. That's a natural and huge fight for Mexico. Perhaps on May 5th next year.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 15 May 2013, 1:06 pm

Why a slick African American? Why not a slick Chinaman or a slick Russian?

What has being African American got to do with beating Canelo?

Anyway, given his age and his last fight there is cause to be fairly excited about this guy. My only fear is the engine. A high volume fighter who's tough enough to take his power would be a problem. Even though I think Canelo's a far better boxer, I'd pick Jr to beat him. Too big and too tough. Canelo would be hard pressed to gain his respect fighting in bursts.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 15 May 2013, 1:46 pm

eek, opening up a race debate is never healthy on here , John.

isn't this around the time when Trussy says something borderline about 'alien' races... Whistle

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Wed 15 May 2013, 1:48 pm

Must say, az, you appear to think that poor Canelo has a metabolism to put the rest of humanity to shame! Yesterday, you were suggesting that he really ought to be capable of losing a few pounds to come in at Floyd's stipulated weight. Now you want him adding 10 pounds to take on Chavez junior. By my reckoning, that's a range of some 30 pounds or more within which you feel Alvarez should be capable of operating. What is he, a yogic flyer?

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 15 May 2013, 1:58 pm

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have a very high metabolism, doesn't mean I wouldn't get pancaked either side of three eggs and some flour.

Yahoo

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 15 May 2013, 2:37 pm

davidemore wrote:eek, opening up a race debate is never healthy on here , John.

isn't this around the time when Trussy says something borderline about 'alien' races... Whistle

Wasn't me who brought race into it, I'm just wondering why the race of a fighter matters in terms of who's likely to beat him.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum