The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seve Ballesteros condition worsening

+8
Grizzly
drive4show
Adam D
Doc
LadyPutt
Davie
McLaren
ncfc_Tooze
12 posters

Go down

Seve Ballesteros condition worsening Empty Seve Ballesteros condition worsening

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 06 May 2011, 11:57 am

that is what sky sports news have been told by his family

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Seve Ballesteros condition worsening Empty Re: Seve Ballesteros condition worsening

Post by McLaren Fri 06 May 2011, 12:05 pm

If true, that is terrible news.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Seve Ballesteros condition worsening Empty Re: Seve Ballesteros condition worsening

Post by Davie Fri 06 May 2011, 12:06 pm

Doesn't sound good at all I'm afraid Crying or Very sad

There is a statement up on his own website (http://www.seveballesteros.com) but hasn't yet been translated onto the English language version

The original Spanish statement says
Seve Ballesteros sufre un empeoramiento severo del estado neurológico.
06 de Mayo de 2011
Pedreña, Cantabria- 6 de Mayo de 2011.

La Familia Ballesteros informa que se ha producido un empeoramiento severo del estado neurológico de Seve Ballesteros.

La Familia irá informando a medida que existan nuevas noticias sobre su estado de salud, y aprovecha la ocasión para agradecer todos los apoyos que tanto Seve como la propia Familia vienen recibiendo, e indican que serán ellos quienes informarán puntualmente, a través de la web www.seveballesteros.com, sobre la situación del campeón español.

A google translation gives the following... not a great translation but the meaning is pretty clear

Seve Ballesteros suffers a severe worsening of the neurological status.
May 06, 2011
Pedreña, Cantabria - may 6, 2011.

The Ballesteros family reports that there has been a severe deterioration of the neurological status of Seve Ballesteros.

The family will be reporting to exist new news about his State of health, and takes this opportunity to thank all the support that both Seve and the family are receiving, and indicate that them will be who will be informed on time, Web www.seveballesteros.com, on the situation of the Spanish champion.

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Fri 06 May 2011, 2:27 pm

Such sad news but not altogether unexpected by me, I'm afraid. It will have a devastating effect on all the Spanish golfers playing this week.

Much love, Seve Hug (rather inappropriate I suppose but the sentiment is there).
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 06 May 2011, 3:24 pm

I know exactly what the family will be going through, as my daughter beat breast cancer 7 years ago only for it to return in a massive way 2-years ago. We're now near the end game for her unfortunatley and it looks like poor Seve's has also made an unwelcome return.

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 06 May 2011, 3:26 pm

Very sorry to hear that Doc.

I have a very close friend who is in exactly the same position.

My thoughts are with you.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri 06 May 2011, 4:19 pm

Seve is one of the main reasons I took up this wonderful game. It comes to us all eventually but sometimes when it's someone you have always admired or looked up to, it becomes a bit harder to accept.

I have no doubt that he won't give up without a fight.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Fri 06 May 2011, 10:33 pm

This is the correct interpretation from the English version of the website:

THE BALLESTEROS FAMILY INFORMS THAT SEVE’S NEUROLOGICAL CONDITION HAS SUFFERED A SEVERE DETERIORATION.

'THE FAMILY WILL INFORM ACCORDINGLY ABOUT ANY CHANGE IN HIS HEALTH CONDITION AND TAKES THIS OPPORTUNITY OF THANKING EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORT THAT BOTH SEVE AND HIS OWN FAMILY HAVE BEEN RECEIVING DURING ALL THIS TIME.

THEY ALSO INDICATE THAT THEY WILL PROMPTLY REPORT ON THE STATE OF THE SPANISH CHAMPION THROUGH THE WEBSITE WWW.SEVEBALLESTEROS.COM'

I have a horrible feeling he doesn't have long.
Mick arranged a Spanish theme at the Masters pre tournament dinner in honour of Seve and it seems those who are close to him haven't said anything positive for some time now.
I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I can't understand why the website statement was made unless they're preparing the world for bad news....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri 06 May 2011, 11:00 pm

Sadly I think Grizzly is right, and I have a feeling the reason for the statement is purely in the hope that the messages of love and support will lift him. I really hope they're successful.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 07 May 2011, 7:14 am

Just woken up and Sky News are reporting that Seve has indeed passed away early this morning - LINK

I'm afraid the writing was on the wall yesterday with the announcement that was made but it still comes as a bit of a shock and very sad news

RIP Seve

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Sat 07 May 2011, 7:34 am

Sad news

He inspired so many people to take up golf.

Bad week for me as I have also lost two old golfing colleagues/friends to cancer.

Please make a donation in memory of Seve.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sat 07 May 2011, 8:04 am

I was going to comment on this thread last night, but something stopped me and I erased everything before sending!

Now I don't really know what to say - Seve was the brightest and brashest of lights with a precocious talent, that changed the face and style of golf for ever.

Two of my heroes gone in one week!

Goodbye Seve.

oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 07 May 2011, 9:00 am

R.I.P Seve

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 07 May 2011, 9:34 am

Going to lock this thread and instead direct you to the wonderful tribute thread started by Mav HERE

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down