The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours

+12
barragan
Hulking_up
JuliusHMarx
Kenny
SirJohnnyEnglish
Dolphin Ziggler
Bob_the_Job
MIG
Galted
hornbloweroafc
ChequeredJersey
Adam D
16 posters

Go down

Vote for your two favourites

Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_lcap16%Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 14 ]
Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_lcap2%Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_lcap6%Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 5 ]
Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_lcap3%Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_lcap16%Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 14 ]
Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_lcap9%Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 8 ]
Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_lcap17%Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 15 ]
Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_lcap8%Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 7 ]
Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_lcap10%Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 9 ]
Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_lcap11%Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 10 ]
Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_lcap2%Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 89

Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Empty Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours

Post by Adam D Fri 17 May 2013, 1:18 pm

Ladies and gents, we are now going into the last two weeks of the competition and it looks like that Bull is going to win this. The only real competition is for 2nd place where 3 people can take 2nd spot.

This week its all about colours - any film with a colour in the title was allowed for nomination. Please vote for your favourite 2 films from the nominations.

Also, in 10 days time, once the movie cup has finished, the music cup will start.

If you want to take part and be in with a chance of winning the accolade of best taste in music on v2, then let us know here - https://www.606v2.com/t43202-the-music-cup-2013

Final weeks round is films with a number in it - titles where the number is a sequel dont count (ie Crocodile Dundee 2)

For the time being though, here are the nominations:

The Blues Brothers
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
Austin Powers in Goldmember
Pretty in Pink
Anchorman - the legend of Ron Burgundy
Goldfinger
The Green Mile
A Clockwork Orange
Goldeneye
Men In black

The Blues Brothers - This film broke the mould of film making. A who's who of musical genius combined with cameos from the biggest stars of the time. Fantastic soundtrack and a truly jaw dropping finale. Vote for Jake and Elwood!

A Clockwork Orange - A true masterpiece of cinema, Kubrick's greatest triumph and one of the most disturbing characters ever created, played so well by Malcolm McDowell. ACW chronicles the horrific crime spree of McDowell's gang, his capture, and attempted rehabilitation via controversial psychological conditioning. It's an incredible film, one that everyone who has seen it loves. It deserves your vote.

Green Mile - rubbish film but I'm desperate for votes & most people seem to like this one

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy - Burgundy is color lol sorry about the stupidness there. Yes the stay classy film is back and its back, with its jokes , laughs and classiness

GoldenEye - Pierce Brosnan's 1st outing as 007 is still one of Bond's best. Sean Bean makes an excellent Bond villain

goldfinger - The third Bond and the best of the lot. Best oo7 against the best villain with the delightfully titled Cat Galore for company.

Varsity Blues - "In the small (fictional) town of West Canaan, Texas, football is a way of life, and losing is not an option." A film that follows the lives and pressure of a high school American football team players and their coach

Last edited by Adam D on Mon 20 May 2013, 2:19 pm; edited 4 times in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Empty Re: Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 17 May 2013, 1:34 pm

Hard one. Actually might have to not vote for my own film!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours Empty Re: Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 17 May 2013, 1:35 pm

Forgot the Green Mile existed
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 17 May 2013, 1:37 pm

Even though my aim is to finish higher than Hero, I still voted for his film this round. #integrityofthecomp

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Fri 17 May 2013, 1:43 pm

I can't see Varsity Blues so can give it a vote Very Happy
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 17 May 2013, 1:46 pm

Sorry!

Its been added and people can change their votes if they want to vote for Varsity Blues

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Fri 17 May 2013, 1:48 pm

cheers thumbsup

Gone for Green Mile and Varsity blues.

Varsity Blues - One of the best American Football films you will see!
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013, 1:54 pm

Clockwork Orange and Snow White for me. Gotta love them dwarves Movie Cup - penultimate round - Colours 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013, 2:05 pm

I'll have to check out varsity blues, never seen it

I chose Goldeneye and Anchorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 17 May 2013, 2:09 pm

Went for Clockwork Orange & Green Mile. Clockwork Orange is a work of genius, the book's brilliant as well though has to be the US version where the silly optimistic final chapter was omitted.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 17 May 2013, 3:14 pm

Green Mile and Goldfinger for me.

I would have nominated Lair of The White Worm!

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Fri 17 May 2013, 4:07 pm

It's debateable that black is a colour, but since you've included MiB, I'd have had Black Hawk Down on the list.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 17 May 2013, 4:12 pm

Anchorman and Austin Powers. Screw your films with emotions and hard hitting characters. Austin Powers was in its own league of ridiculousness

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013, 4:13 pm

Bob_the_Job wrote:It's debateable that black is a colour
It's not remotely debatable, black IS a colour. I have black crayons Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013, 4:14 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:Austin Powers was in its own league of ridiculousness
The original was, yes. But the one in this vote was the pathetic and not-at-all-funny third film. It was a huge climbdown from Liz Hurley and Heather Graham.

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 17 May 2013, 4:20 pm

Heather Graham heart

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013, 4:35 pm

Green Mile - rubbish film but I'm desperate for votes & most people seem to like this one
Classic. And it's working Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 17 May 2013, 4:37 pm

I have to say that the choices that have won each round havent covered the forum in Glory!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 17 May 2013, 4:38 pm

Green Mile is an excellent film
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013, 4:42 pm

It just shows the age bracket of people voting, nothing more. There is no reason that Anchorman should be streets ahead of a classic like Blues Brothers, other than the fact that younger forum members have been weaned on American comedies over the last 10 years, while us older peeps have been weaned on classics like One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and Clockwork Orange.

The sporting GOAT award was different, as it's hard to follow sport without knowing the greats, but there are so many great films that younger people won't have seen the older classics, nor even have the intention of doing so because they know what they like now.

I'd never watch Charlie Chaplin films for example, but my nan would swear by them. It just shows the age gap. And that Bull is clearly Jonathan Ross in disguise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 17 May 2013, 4:50 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:

I'd never watch Charlie Chaplin films for example, but my nan would swear by them. It just shows the age gap. And that Bull is clearly Jonathan Ross in disguise.

Watched City Lights a couple of weeks back, was pretty funny in parts and touching in others, might be the original romcom, at least it's one where the "com" bit isn't boll0cks.

Agree about One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, would be my vote for the greatest film ever. Took over from A Clockwork Orange as my number one - you have quite impressive taste in classics.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 18 May 2013, 9:58 am

picked my two favourite films from the list Goldfinger and The Blues Brothers
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 18 May 2013, 2:59 pm

It's a shame really. I only wanted to see you bathing in the Purple Rain.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Sun 19 May 2013, 5:14 pm

Anchorman and Goldfinger for me.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 20 May 2013, 6:55 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:And that Bull is clearly Jonathan Ross in disguise.
unlikely, as he'd be called the Bwahma Bull.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 20 May 2013, 7:11 am

Why none of the The Three Colors trilogy?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 20 May 2013, 8:06 am

Can I please have any outstanding nominations by midday today!

Only had 4 nominations so far!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 20 May 2013, 8:35 am

I nominate Trois couleurs Bleu.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 20 May 2013, 9:04 am

Green mile and clockwork orange.

Tbh the later freaks me out and I havent even seen it all the way through(one day I will!!).. But compared to the rest - its on a different league

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 20 May 2013, 11:48 am

Went for the same as Mystir, although I'm not a massive fan of either.

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 20 May 2013, 1:14 pm

need noms from Trussman, sodhat and nay bother ASAP

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 20 May 2013, 2:19 pm

Going into the final week and Bull has won Bubbly

Bull 62
Adam D 42
Nay Bother 40
Hero 36
Azzy 32
Hornblower 28
Galted 28
Sodhat 21
Chequered 21
Crazywomble 20
Trussman 18

2nd place still to play for - can anyone catch me (well yes is the answer!)

Thanks to all those who took part - the Music cup will start next week.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 20 May 2013, 3:24 pm

This is the first time I have been able to pick 2 with relative ease. Easily jumping out of this pile are Goldeneye (best Bond film ever!!) and The Green Mile (what a classic!).

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 21 May 2013, 5:12 pm

This will probably make it obvious to anyone who didn't already know that I'm the saddest person on 606 v2, but shouldn't I have got 10 points for my sole win & not just 8? We were going to have an open-topped bus ride followed by a street party over the whole of SE London to celebrate but have had to put it on hold.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down