The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan Is No Longer Top Five At 140: He Is Simply A Great Name On The CV

+19
JabMachineMK2
TopHat24/7
Lumbering_Jack
Sam_London
Strongback
bellchees
RanjitPatel
AlexHuckerby
PPVxHOTTY
All Time Great
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Diamond in the rough
ShahenshahG
sittingringside
winchester
azania
Rowley
ONETWOFOREVER
davidemore
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Amir Khan Is No Longer Top Five At 140: He Is Simply A Great Name On The CV - Page 3 Empty Amir Khan Is No Longer Top Five At 140: He Is Simply A Great Name On The CV

Post by davidemore Sun 19 May - 14:36

First topic message reminder :

Here's my current top 5 140 fighters.

1. Lucas
2. Danny Garcia
3. Peterson
4. Rios
5. Alvarado

Tim Bradley if he goes to 140 again.

I have all the respect in the world for Amir, but the fact is he would get badly beaten by all of the above now, and IMO, Lucas would severly hurt him, show reel style.

All he is now is a pay day and a name on the record. He has one more pay day and then it is over for him. I saw an interview on ifilm and he genuinely seems punch drunk too. At 26 though he wont stop, he's too young, however, all of these guys can punch and Amir is too hittable now.

Two years ago I would have given him more than a decent chance against any of these, but there's been too many wars now.

Shame.

Hope he retires with a lot of money and soon. His brother looks destined to be pancaked too.

Thoughts?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan Is No Longer Top Five At 140: He Is Simply A Great Name On The CV - Page 3 Empty Re: Amir Khan Is No Longer Top Five At 140: He Is Simply A Great Name On The CV

Post by azania Mon 20 May - 11:56

So saying that Khan should be killed in the ring is fine. Arguing against that is nut huggery.

azania

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan Is No Longer Top Five At 140: He Is Simply A Great Name On The CV - Page 3 Empty Re: Amir Khan Is No Longer Top Five At 140: He Is Simply A Great Name On The CV

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 May - 12:43

azania wrote:So saying that Khan should be killed in the ring is fine. Arguing against that is nut huggery.

Quote anyone that's said that.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 May - 12:44

azania wrote:It says a lot about others more than me. They can't formulate an honest opinion which is sad.

When people do you accuse them of racism so what's the point?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 20 May - 13:15

picard Some people on this thread, seriously.

Khan beat Peterson besides the pushing. His 2 point deduction lost him the fight. It was Khan losing rather than Peterson winning. If you look at it the other way, Az is right. The performance enhancing drugs enhanced Petersons performance - and therefore having him above Khan is really quite silly.

Before I'm called a "nut hugger" I dislike Khan. I'm just objective.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 May - 13:22

JabMachineMK2 wrote: picard Some people on this thread, seriously.

Khan beat Peterson besides the pushing. His 2 point deduction lost him the fight. It was Khan losing rather than Peterson winning. If you look at it the other way, Az is right. The performance enhancing drugs enhanced Petersons performance - and therefore having him above Khan is really quite silly.

You are. Az is not. Nobody is pointing the nut-hugger tag line at you.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Mon 20 May - 13:43

sittingringside wrote:People really do have an irrational hatred of Khan. Every time he calls out a top opponent he is labelled 'delusional', and if he suggested another opponent he would be labelled a 'ducker'. I'm of the opinion that Khan is a championship level fighter with excellent talent, coupled with some bad flaws that will probably prevent him becoming an 'elite' fighter. With regards to his out of the ring persona, he is hardly more arrogant or 'delusional' than any other fighter with similar achievements to his name. He often talks rubbish, this is pro boxing. He's not the best fighter from these shores of the last few years, but at least he is in exciting fights and tries to fight top level opponents, people should lay off the hyperbole a little.

The problem is mate, just a couple of hours before stating he would like to fight Mathysse he said, it kills him to make 140, it affects his punch resistance and power, his doctors also told him that he should be fighting at 147 instead of 140. After saying all that and then saying he would consider staying at 140 a few hours later, Amir is either a liar or he is just saying it to make him sound like a hard man. Why cant you Khan fan boys realise that, where labelled as haters for stating something true, yet the khan fan boys twist this and say "his brave and always looking for the though fights", well if that was the case why state all those facts that make it seem like theres no viable option but to move up to 147.

I dont know where this about he tries to fight top fighters comes from, the hardest fight he has had, was against maindonna, and that was mandotory. Garcia, nobody gave a chance in hell, Judah was past his best, Barrera? Mallinagii? rather than fight prescott in a rematch he fought mcloskey, and if he really look for tough fights why not rematch maidonna? it was fight of the year and it was a pretty close fight despite some people claiming bar the 1oth round Khan had it his own way.

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Mon 20 May - 15:10

Makaveli wrote:
sittingringside wrote:People really do have an irrational hatred of Khan. Every time he calls out a top opponent he is labelled 'delusional', and if he suggested another opponent he would be labelled a 'ducker'. I'm of the opinion that Khan is a championship level fighter with excellent talent, coupled with some bad flaws that will probably prevent him becoming an 'elite' fighter. With regards to his out of the ring persona, he is hardly more arrogant or 'delusional' than any other fighter with similar achievements to his name. He often talks rubbish, this is pro boxing. He's not the best fighter from these shores of the last few years, but at least he is in exciting fights and tries to fight top level opponents, people should lay off the hyperbole a little.

The problem is mate, just a couple of hours before stating he would like to fight Mathysse he said, it kills him to make 140, it affects his punch resistance and power, his doctors also told him that he should be fighting at 147 instead of 140. After saying all that and then saying he would consider staying at 140 a few hours later, Amir is either a liar or he is just saying it to make him sound like a hard man. Why cant you Khan fan boys realise that, where labelled as haters for stating something true, yet the khan fan boys twist this and say "his brave and always looking for the though fights", well if that was the case why state all those facts that make it seem like theres no viable option but to move up to 147.

I dont know where this about he tries to fight top fighters comes from, the hardest fight he has had, was against maindonna, and that was mandotory. Garcia, nobody gave a chance in hell, Judah was past his best, Barrera? Mallinagii? rather than fight prescott in a rematch he fought mcloskey, and if he really look for tough fights why not rematch maidonna? it was fight of the year and it was a pretty close fight despite some people claiming bar the 1oth round Khan had it his own way.

I hate to quote myself, but if you read that again I pretty clearly state that Khan often talks rubbish. I also think I give a pretty objective appraisal of his abilities. As such I don't really find the tag of 'fan boy' warranted. To be honest I just find the Khan hate on this board mystifying, he makes the same kind of statements that basically every championship level professional fighter makes, you must find most boxers unbearable to listen to. Garcia, Peterson, Maidana, Judah and even Malignaggi were all good opponents at the weight at the time he fought them. Just have a bit of objectivity, it's ridiculous to go calling people fan boys when all they have done is refused to bow to opinion that Khan is rubbish fighter who is especially obnoxious or 'delusional' for a professional fighter at his level. He chats rubbish and has a stupid twitter feed, so what? The fights are entertaining.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 20 May - 15:16

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:So saying that Khan should be killed in the ring is fine. Arguing against that is nut huggery.

Quote anyone that's said that.

Onetwo said it - that he should be duk koo kimmed then edited a few hours later when challenged by Az hence the lack of proof

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 May - 15:22

Ok, a one off ridiculous statement then. Haven't seen any overall theme on here to that effect.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 20 May - 15:32

I think the point was that az was warned and onetwo wasn't :laugh; hence his wording above.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 20 May - 15:48

Davidemore has frequently predicted the deaths of boxers or their mutilations. Nothing gets said publicly and he still keeps doing it. One rule sometimes.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 20 May - 15:57

Davidemore wrote:Either he'll go out in an Ambo or as Champ.

Davidemore wrote:Retire now please.

Or get pancaked

Davidemore wrote:My prediction is a brutal, shocking but compelling KO suffered by Audley. I hope I'm wrong but i see images of a stretcher, a tall black man, and the sound of 'Never give up!' echoing through the arena.

Then silence.

Then sirens.

I'll pray i am wrong this time.

Be safe A-Force, don't so it.

Davidemore wrote:Its very likely he's going to die, I'm just saying the word 'yo

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 May - 15:58

In fairness to Davide though ...we all think he's an idiot..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 20 May - 16:01

I think his comments are a bit tongue and cheek

He's not saying that he wants them to be pancaked but he expects them to be pancaked

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 20 May - 16:18

Emo

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 20 May - 18:58

Makaveli wrote:

He was asked by the Sky TV bloke if he would like to fight Maytthysse. What do you expect him to say? Had he said he was moving up after that question, you all would be calling him a ducker or worse. Try not to deny it because you know it's true.

He says he would like to stay at 140 because the division is stacked. That is the competitive nature in him and in most boxers. Had he said otherwise, once again accusations of ducking would fly.

He fought Maidana. Regardless of mandatory or not he fought and won. If Judah was past his best, what is he doing fighting for the title 18 months later and pushing Garcia close?

Prescott was a LW. Khan was the LWW champ. Different divisions. Plus what had Prescot done to warrant a world title shot. Had Khan fought him, it would be a non title fight. Plus hadn't Prescott lost to McKloskey prior to Khan fighting Mc?

Why rematch Maidana? He beat him. Other than one round where Maidana shook him up, he won comfortably. It wasn't that close. Khan by 3 rounds (4 if you include the knock down).

The point is people here (haters) will stretch credibility and common sense just to knock Khan. He wants to fight Floyd. He's delusional. If he fights Floyd, he's ducking Matthysse. Haters gonna hate regardless if it's fact or made up shyte which you just posted.

Who has khan ducked. Let me know. He's sought the best in the division. Yes he lost to some, but he went after them nevertheless.

Amir is either a liar or he is just saying it to make him sound like a hard man.

It could be that you're just an irrational bloke who simply doesn't like him and will twist anything he says to suit your point of view.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 20 May - 19:01

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:It says a lot about others more than me. They can't formulate an honest opinion which is sad.

When people do you accuse them of racism so what's the point?

picard

You can do better than that........I hope.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 20 May - 19:03

TopHat24/7 wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote: picard Some people on this thread, seriously.

You are. Az is not. Nobody is pointing the nut-hugger tag line at you.

In what way am I not objective? Because I do not cow tow to the ridiculous levels of stupidity some stoop to when the issue is Khan? Read`the thread before coming out with inane comments.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 20 May - 19:05

TopHat24/7 wrote:Ok, a one off ridiculous statement then. Haven't seen any overall theme on here to that effect.

A one off? It was a one off in that no-one else has wished for a boxer to be killed in the ring. But it is not a one off when it comes to utter stupidity when Khan's name is mentioned. Perhaps you agree with the sentiments posted by the lunatic fringe on here. Who knows.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 20 May - 19:06

ShahenshahG wrote:I think the point was that az was warned and onetwo wasn't :laugh; hence his wording above.

That slipped by. Posting that a boxer should be killed is ok when that boxer is ridiculed here. Objecting to that is frowned upon.

As toppy writes; #issues.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 20 May - 19:40

Khan has no real justification for being in the top 5, he has never been much more than a very decent fighter with quick hands he would never have been a champion before the days of multiple champs at each weight. After watching him against Diaz he looks like he is already on the slide, if i was him i would not have too many more fights and make his inevitable move into the TV punditry side of boxing. Mattysse really will knock him senseless as would any of the top men who carry any sort of power, he lacks the power to keep the top men off of him and he cant fight inside, throw in a weak chin and his poor ring generalship and he is always an accident waiting to happen. If speed and the heart of a lion were enough he would be a legend of the ring, but sadly they are not.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 May - 22:17

The comments about Khan already being in physical decline remind me of an interview Naz gave with Sky just after the Maidana fight where he was saying he pleased he was for Khan for coming through the storm but would hate to see him in too many more of those fights as they take a toll.

Since then, and in a short space of time, Khan has been in similar situations with Peterson, Garcia and now Diaz.

That's 4 of his last 7 fights where he has shipped heavy punishment.

Naz's fears could be true.

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 20 May - 23:04

It was the Diaz fight, it just wasn't right

He wasn't being hit with huge shots, but he was buckling with every one of them and his speed just didn't look the same neither did his conditioning

Slow (for him), no zip, lethargic and fragile

Does anyone think that this version of Khan could have made it out of the 10th round against Maidana

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Mon 20 May - 23:23

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote: Does anyone think that this version of Khan could have made it out of the 10th round against Maidana

I Khan't speak for everyone but i don't think he would have drumroll
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3