The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future European Comp

+29
ME-109
Mickado
doctor_grey
markb
Feckless Rogue
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Welshmushroom
LondonTiger
maestegmafia
profitius
Scrumdown
Poorfour
whocares
LordDowlais
nathan
SecretFly
Notch
debaters1
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Dubbelyew L Overate
ScarletSpiderman
asoreleftshoulder
Manu's Boxing Coach
Kingshu
Portnoy's Complaint
red_stag
The Great Aukster
HammerofThunor
broadlandboy
33 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Future European Comp - Page 7 Empty Future European Comp

Post by broadlandboy Mon 20 May 2013, 10:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Progress made when ERC not involved.http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/may/20/heineken-cup-tv-deal

broadlandboy

Back to top Go down

Future European Comp - Page 7 Empty Re: Future European Comp

Post by broadlandboy Sat 01 Jun 2013, 11:38 am

Would still take 6 weeks to complete pool stages as one team wouldn't be playing each pool week, so although not extra matches for the teams there would be a need for extra weeks for the competition

broadlandboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sat 01 Jun 2013, 1:43 pm

Excepting of course that domestic league fixtures could be arranged.

That's one of the reasons which are implicit that the 2015 planners need a resolution now if not sooner.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 03 Jun 2013, 9:56 am

SecretFly wrote:
beshocked wrote:secretfly Ireland have 100% representation in the HC for 2013/14 no matter how you'd like to twist it to suit you. As I said before the solution I suggested means Connacht would not have to hang onto coat tails to qualify.

Quick question: Do you think it's better if Connacht qualify for the HC by hanging onto coat tails or by their own team efforts? Personally I prefer the latter.

I would say 50% higher attendances is a pretty significant amount actually.

Rugby became professional in 1995. It is still a growing sport.

Pro12 is growing too but it is still significantly lower than both the AP and Top 14 in terms of attendances.

Secretfly funnily enough it's you who are in your Pro12 bubble refusing to discuss the possibility of a compromise.

I get the impression you think the Pro12 is the greatest league in the world. Sorry to burst that bubble it isn't.

If all the delegates from the Pro12 are like you there will be no compromise.

Now there's a 'stung' few paragraphs! Wasn't expecting that tone - did I hit a nerve or two, beshocked?

Compromise remains what it is - two sides giving way to come to a conclusion. You change the definition to suit your clothes all you like, that's what it means. The status quo is what's happening now. The sacrificial changes are being asked of one League and four unions that consist of something called Pro12. That's not compromise. And modification of demands is not compromise. Compromise is compromise.

Ireland's '100% representation' is the extra side they drag into the competition by virtue of how they perform IN the competition rather than always talking about the competition like others seem to do. You don't like that as a standard to live by, then tough - it's called competition on the field - where real rugby exists. The rules weren't created to help Connacht out (a side you seem to be positively obsessed with.) France will have the extra side perk next year.

You'd want Ireland to have only one side in HC because three of them is 75% and four of them is 100%? Ireland one side, England six sides. France six sides. Do you have any clue how to judge fairness in a competition?

The English and French (who can never have 100% involvement) still always have more chances of winning the HC than Irish sides in real and practical terms on the field, where real rugby exists.

You weave your percentage magic around that one too as much as you like but the facts won't change. The HC is top loaded with English and French sides (not there on merit) but there because someone thought up the number six. And lucky number six wasn't always the lucky number. It's grown over the timeframe of the HC, as Ireland's tally remained the same. And yet, poor English and French rugby is again the hard done ones? Read your history of the HC, beshocked, and then tell me about all the wrong that's being done to the poor oppressed and abused English and French.

As for Pro12 being the greatest league in the world????? Nope, that's an old cry from a League next door to us that used to holler it out all the time when the HC was working out to their advantage; and when they sniggered and giggled at the little "Celtic" idiots trying to pretend they were playing man's rugby. There's no sniggering and giggling now. The game just got ultra serious; as the 'compromise' negotiations continue to affirm, and the attempts are made to put the 'Celts' back in their upstart boxes.

Secretfly do you want to be treated as the Pro12 or separate countries? You can't have it both ways.

If you are talking to me as an Irishman - my suggestion would not harm Irish representation as things stand. It would actually help Connacht qualify by their own merits.

You are right I do talk too much about Connacht because they are a beacon for what is wrong with the Pro12. A side qualifying for the HC not based on their own merits.

I notice Pro12 fans when the HC is around like to switch back and forth between country allegiances and allegiances to the Pro12.

Surely you would expect the best players of Wales,Scotland and Italy squeezed into only a very small amount of sides would see an increase in quality?

I hear how great certain Pro12 players are yet in the HC what happens? Flattering to deceive.

You would expect the quality of these players to be higher as they play in international matches but time and again they fail to make any impact in the HC.

Just compare win percentages.

Imagine if England pooled the resources of Saracens,Quins,Tigers and Saints to make two super sides? Saraquins and Northampton Tigers.

I fiercely believe in eradicating the riding of coat tails - yes this means I don't believe in English and French sides getting an extra side or two either when their team wins a competition. I like to see sides qualify on their own merit - hence I have been very pleased with Exeter.

Perpignan qualified courtesy of the all French final. I would say they don't deserve to be in the HC either. I don't particularly rate them.

The Pro12 should be based on qualifying for merit in the HC.

Actually I have had quite a few opportunities to laugh - the hype simply hasn't been backed up by certain Pro12 sides.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Mon 03 Jun 2013, 12:06 pm

beshocked wrote:
Secretfly do you want to be treated as the Pro12 or separate countries? You can't have it both ways.

If you are talking to me as an Irishman - my suggestion would not harm Irish representation as things stand. It would actually help Connacht qualify by their own merits.

You are right I do talk too much about Connacht because they are a beacon for what is wrong with the Pro12. A side qualifying for the HC not based on their own merits.

I notice Pro12 fans when the HC is around like to switch back and forth between country allegiances and allegiances to the Pro12.

Surely you would expect the best players of Wales,Scotland and Italy squeezed into only a very small amount of sides would see an increase in quality?

I hear how great certain Pro12 players are yet in the HC what happens? Flattering to deceive.

You would expect the quality of these players to be higher as they play in international matches but time and again they fail to make any impact in the HC.

Imagine if England pooled the resources of Saracens,Quins,Tigers and Saints to make two super sides? Saraquins and Northampton Tigers.

I fiercely believe in eradicating the riding of coat tails - yes this means I don't believe in English and French sides getting an extra side or two either when their team wins a competition. I like to see sides qualify on their own merit - hence I have been very pleased with Exeter.

Perpignan qualified courtesy of the all French final. I would say they don't deserve to be in the HC either. I don't particularly rate them.

Actually I have had quite a few opportunities to laugh - the hype simply hasn't been backed up by certain Pro12 sides.

Why?All that does is destroy the middle tier of a league as instead of aiming to build a strong team and actually win the league they will instead want a big squad of good players that mean they can squeak into the HC in 6th place and hail that as a successful season.Rewarding teams in the league for finishing mid table only encourages mediocrity.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 03 Jun 2013, 1:03 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:Why?All that does is destroy the middle tier of a league as instead of aiming to build a strong team and actually win the league they will instead want a big squad of good players that mean they can squeak into the HC in 6th place and hail that as a successful season.Rewarding teams in the league for finishing mid table only encourages mediocrity.

Compared to what? It only encourages mediocrity if you have half you league as a lot better than the rest. The 5th and 6th place can relax once they're qualified and forget about the playoffs. The rest just try but aren't up to it.

Would that be the case? I don't think so. Probably anyteam in the PRO12 at the moment may be pushing for 6th spot (except maybe Zebre). So the 5 teams will be pushing 6th and not allow them the settle. Pushing and pushing. It may mean they can't do an Edinburgh and blow of the league for the cup but I wouldn't say they'd settle for mediocrity.

So, either the PRO12 is split into 6 good teams and 6 poor teams...or your wrong...or I am.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 03 Jun 2013, 1:04 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
beshocked wrote:

Why?All that does is destroy the middle tier of a league as instead of aiming to build a strong team and actually win the league they will instead want a big squad of good players that mean they can squeak into the HC in 6th place and hail that as a successful season.Rewarding teams in the league for finishing mid table only encourages mediocrity.

What does rewarding teams in the league for finishing wherever they do encourage?

HC has added value if teams in the Pro12 actually have to try to be involved in the competition.

Connacht have been mediocre/weak for almost their entire existence because their chances of reaching the HC by merit have been hampered by having to finish ahead of one of Leinster,Munster,Ulster. Where's the motivation where hypothetically you could come 4th in the Pro12 and not reach the HC?

You have been used to having HC rugby handed to you on a platter. That's the problem. The HC should be an elite competition. Not a competition for those to make up the numbers.

How does Zebre getting thumped in every HC match help their development? At least in the Amlin they might win some matches.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Mon 03 Jun 2013, 2:13 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:Why?All that does is destroy the middle tier of a league as instead of aiming to build a strong team and actually win the league they will instead want a big squad of good players that mean they can squeak into the HC in 6th place and hail that as a successful season.Rewarding teams in the league for finishing mid table only encourages mediocrity.

Compared to what? It only encourages mediocrity if you have half you league as a lot better than the rest. The 5th and 6th place can relax once they're qualified and forget about the playoffs. The rest just try but aren't up to it.

Would that be the case? I don't think so. Probably anyteam in the PRO12 at the moment may be pushing for 6th spot (except maybe Zebre). So the 5 teams will be pushing 6th and not allow them the settle. Pushing and pushing. It may mean they can't do an Edinburgh and blow of the league for the cup but I wouldn't say they'd settle for mediocrity.

So, either the PRO12 is split into 6 good teams and 6 poor teams...or your wrong...or I am.

Edinburgh didn't blow off the league for the cup,they've been a poor side at the bottom end of the table for years now and concentrating on the league wouldn't change anything as they simply aren't and won't be good enough without an influx of new players and coaching staff.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Mon 03 Jun 2013, 2:27 pm

beshocked wrote:

What does rewarding teams in the league for finishing wherever they do encourage?

HC has added value if teams in the Pro12 actually have to try to be involved in the competition.

Connacht have been mediocre/weak for almost their entire existence because their chances of reaching the HC by merit have been hampered by having to finish ahead of one of Leinster,Munster,Ulster. Where's the motivation where hypothetically you could come 4th in the Pro12 and not reach the HC?

You have been used to having HC rugby handed to you on a platter. That's the problem. The HC should be an elite competition. Not a competition for those to make up the numbers.

How does Zebre getting thumped in every HC match help their development? At least in the Amlin they might win some matches.

It encourages teams to become the best,the playoffs dilute this slightly as you can still win the league without finishing top but they seem to entrenched now.
I don't want to see our league become like the English Premiership or La Liga where the same teams dominate every year and the mid table teams fight for the scraps of just qualifying for Europe so they can put their players on show and hopefully get a big payday when a big team decides to buy some of their stars.

Your last 2 paragraphs are where we will never agree,the HC was set up to allow the top tier provincial/region/club teams from all the Unions to play a cross border comp.Being elite had nothing to do with it and if it did then England and France would only have 4 teams each involved as their has been plenty of dead weight from both those countries over the last few years.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 03 Jun 2013, 2:31 pm

beshocked wrote:

One: You can have it both ways. It is both ways, legally and structurally - completely different on a structural basis to both the Top14 and the AP leagues.

Two: Just because you get into a pool doesn't mean you can relax until a final. You have to play well IN the competition to get a chance of winning it at the end. You have to perform. If you don't perform, you become an onlooker after the pool stages. It doesn't matter how your Union or your league decided for themselves how to issue their HC places, if you don't perform in the top European competition itself you won't progress in it.

So, Connacht...yet again... gets chosen on a 'no merit' basis. Proving for you how 'faulty' the Pro12 is... even though French and English sides have the same right to drag through teams. Meaning that if it's a fault, it isn't exclusively a Pro12 one. But you continue to isolate it as a specific Pro12 fault.

Anyway, to continue with your argument; so Connacht doesn't get through to the play-offs (after winning 3 games). Thus proving your 'meritless' opinion of them. Whilst Chiefs (winning 2), and Sharks (winning 1), also fail to progress into the play-offs. But those two have proven they have 'merit' and are elite HC sides?

No they didn't, they were there because of number six (yet again).

Meanwhile, if you continue to use your argument about merit vs lack of it, Connacht and Zebre made Quinns route to the play offs easier than it should have been had Quinns met sides of HC standard merit. And yet, ironically, that easier trip against non-HC standard sides allows you to then casually add Quinns to your tally of AP sides getting into the playoffs on 'merit'. By beating non-elite and meritless Pro12 sides?

So, by your reckoning, if you beat a bad side, they've proven they shouldn't have played against you in the first place and shouldn't have been in the competition. But if you beat a bad side, you've proven you deserve to be dining at the top table with the elite? Doesn't compute, beshocked.

You can't have it both ways Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 03 Jun 2013, 3:46 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:

Edinburgh didn't blow off the league for the cup,they've been a poor side at the bottom end of the table for years now and concentrating on the league wouldn't change anything as they simply aren't and won't be good enough without an influx of new players and coaching staff.

Really? I the 3 years before their HEC Semi they averaged 5th in the PRO12 (or whatever it was called). BTW deliberately massaged as they were 2nd, 6th then 8th. And if they're so poor does it suggest that the HEC really isn't any sort of elite competition and any lucky team can do well? I mean look at Saints in 20XX

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Mon 03 Jun 2013, 3:55 pm

Edinburgh were a classic example of getting a fortuitous pool (although they did well in it) and not having to play h/a qtrs and semis.

[ed] Not to mention the archaic ERC seeding system.

Last edited by greytiger on Mon 03 Jun 2013, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 03 Jun 2013, 3:56 pm

HammerofThunor wrote: And if they're so poor does it suggest that the HEC really isn't any sort of elite competition and any lucky team can do well? I mean look at Saints in 20XX

It means exactly that Hammer...certainly in the Pool stages. Quality can do so much but chance and location can play tricks too...add in a bad reffing decision here and there and any rugby game, played anywhere, can have surprise results.
There is no natural Elitism to the Pool Stages of the HC, and those who suggest there is or there should be are really arguing for a competition that probably has about 12 sides at most in it. There is always packaging in any competition - and HC, and it's successor, whatever it might be called, will be no different.

So we get back to which sides have the right to be the packaging.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 03 Jun 2013, 4:06 pm

SecretFly wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote: And if they're so poor does it suggest that the HEC really isn't any sort of elite competition and any lucky team can do well? I mean look at Saints in 20XX

It means exactly that Hammer...certainly in the Pool stages. Quality can do so much but chance and location can play tricks too...add in a bad reffing decision here and there and any rugby game, played anywhere, can have surprise results.
There is no natural Elitism to the Pool Stages of the HC, and those who suggest there is or there should be are really arguing for a competition that probably has about 12 sides at most in it. There is always packaging in any competition - and HC, and it's successor, whatever it might be called, will be no different.

Well I think due of historical reason mixed with Devine Right and inventing the game we need the English in there. The French because their Empire wasn't as good as ours (since we're blaimed for all the bad bits I am claiming it as our Empire even if it was French, Scottish, Welsh and German Kings/Queens, with the Irish doing the fighting), and that's to standards deviced by the English of course, so we can give em a break. Then a few others to make up the numbers.

But I will say now the idea that the winner of the Cup is the best in Europe is laughable if a poor team can get to the Semi (or final in Saints case).

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Mon 03 Jun 2013, 4:19 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Well I think due of historical reason mixed with Devine Right and inventing the game we need the English in there. The French because their Empire wasn't as good as ours (since we're blaimed for all the bad bits I am claiming it as our Empire even if it was French, Scottish, Welsh and German Kings/Queens, with the Irish doing the fighting), and that's to standards deviced by the English of course, so we can give em a break. Then a few others to make up the numbers.

But I will say now the idea that the winner of the Cup is the best in Europe is laughable if a poor team can get to the Semi (or final in Saints case).

Isn't that true of any Cup competition,I don't think anyone would claim Chelsea or Liverpool were the best teams in Europe when they won the Champions League.

In rugby terms I don't think Toulon are the best team in Europe and I don't think Leinster were the best when we won it in 2009.Leicester had to play a Premiership final the week before and we had a weeks rest,having lost 2 Rabo finals the week after winning the HC I can now appreciate just how much of a disadvantage Leicester had that year.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by broadlandboy Mon 03 Jun 2013, 4:30 pm

Secret, How would you feel if Connacht came forth in the Rabo,behind the other 3 Irish teams, but were the only team not to qualify because a Welsh team won either the HC or Amlin? Surely it would be better for the best teams to go through? As for your arguement about playing for 5/6 surely the teams below would be pushing to qualify so improving the competitve element rather than now only the 4th Irish/Welsh teams having something to fight for.

broadlandboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Mon 03 Jun 2013, 5:30 pm

I don't understand why the English posters want less teams in it. In Gaelic football the biggest prize is the all Ireland Championship. It's the big knockout competition and far more important and prestigious than the league.

Every team gets to enter it. Regardless of what league position or even what division they are in. Like the FA Cup in England. I think the flagship European rugby tournament should be the same. Everyone should get a shot at it. Why restrict it? And why run two tournaments concurrently?

There should be one cross border competition for everyone. Then the Franglo problem with tougher qualification rules disappear. Because there is no qualification. Getting the tournament played in a certain number of games is just a question of competition structure.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by broadlandboy Mon 03 Jun 2013, 5:59 pm

IIRC it's the French Clubs that wanted the reduction in teams. The English went along to present a united front

broadlandboy

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 03 Jun 2013, 6:13 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:I don't understand why the English posters want less teams in it. In Gaelic football the biggest prize is the all Ireland Championship. It's the big knockout competition and far more important and prestigious than the league.

Every team gets to enter it. Regardless of what league position or even what division they are in. Like the FA Cup in England. I think the flagship European rugby tournament should be the same. Everyone should get a shot at it. Why restrict it? And why run two tournaments concurrently?

There should be one cross border competition for everyone. Then the Franglo problem with tougher qualification rules disappear. Because there is no qualification. Getting the tournament played in a certain number of games is just a question of competition structure.

So for everyone? Including the English championship sides and the Welsh Premiership, etc? What about Russians? Georgians? Etc. Which Italian sides?

Any English side that exists 'could' qualify for the EC if they progressed far enough. PRO12 unions are the ones that have limited to a small selection of teams.

And as Broadboy said the initial English proposal was 24 teams with 8 from each league. They reduced to fit in with the French.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:21 pm

broadlandboy wrote:Secret, How would you feel if Connacht came forth in the Rabo,behind the other 3 Irish teams, but were the only team not to qualify because a Welsh team won either the HC or Amlin? Surely it would be better for the best teams to go through? As for your arguement about playing for 5/6 surely the teams below would be pushing to qualify so improving the competitve element rather than now only the 4th Irish/Welsh teams having something to fight for.

Broadband, I'd feel the rules worked to our advantage at one time, for a certain duration, and now they're working for someone else.

There are English people saying the ranking for the competition should be different as Leinster and Clermont should never have met in the pool stages (the inference being that they should have both being challenging each other later on, perhaps in the final.)

I'm from Leinster, and you'd assume I'd support an argument like that, but I never have. Meet who you meet in the Pool stages and beat them if you're good enough; if not, you're gone. Leinster fell at the first hurdle in the Pool Stages and few of us Leinster guys were moaning about the ranking system that forced us to meet Clermont earlier than we hoped. Things serve you well over a year or two and then they serve someone else's cause.

So if a Welsh side won HC and they dragged their 4th side into the HC the following year............. there wouldn't be any moaning from me. That's the rules Connacht benefited from now for three years in succession.

Rules are rules, what you achieve in the Pro12 league has no bearing on how the Individual nations for themselves choose their allotted HC numbers. Every Nation has their allotted numbers - not every league, every Nation. Everyone in Pro12 knows that and accepts it. It's our shared League. It's distinctively different to the other leagues in makeup - it can never be the same, as different conditions created it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Mon 03 Jun 2013, 11:08 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:I don't understand why the English posters want less teams in it.

Because the less teams from Italy, Ireland, Wales and Scotland means a greater percentage of the teams are English and that means more money for English clubs.

They want to change the whole idea of the HEC from its original union based idea to a 3 league based idea. They are busily trying to change the pro 12 structure to suit themselves. I hope and presume that the pro 12 unions will tell them where to go.

Despite what some of us believe and hope, it seems the French are firmly on the English side but being cuter about it. The tournament is about to stop and they've made no efforts to solve it from what we can tell so far.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 03 Jun 2013, 11:11 pm

profitius wrote:
Feckless Rogue wrote:I don't understand why the English posters want less teams in it.

Because the less teams from Italy, Ireland, Wales and Scotland means a greater percentage of the teams are English and that means more money for English clubs.

They want to change the whole idea of the HEC from its original union based idea to a 3 league based idea. They are busily trying to change the pro 12 structure to suit themselves. I hope and presume that the pro 12 unions will tell them where to go.

Despite what some of us believe and hope, it seems the French are firmly on the English side but being cuter about it. The tournament is about to stop and they've made no efforts to solve it from what we can tell so far.

They actually want a proper two teir system. How the money is split is up for negotiation.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 04 Jun 2013, 12:03 am

So forget any complex European competition at all for now. Just let all Leagues and Unions go their own individual way again. AP will have its League and get more money for it from BT. Top 14 will have their perhaps enhanced big bucks League. Pro12 will have its League still, with new partner, Sky.

Then, if they all seriously want to talk about a European competition in a few years time (when tetchy moods have settled), have a true new beginning based on nothing that's gone before but based on an equal participation quick-fire European 6 Nation decider Competition.
Two sides from each Nation. 12 sides - two pools - one side per nation in each pool, decided by a simple draw - 5 games each - 4 qualifiers to play two semis and then the Final.

Less complexity, less sides, less bullshitt, less time, more true level playing field within a competition structure. One sponsor, one broadcaster, one deal divided equally to all league sides (38 parts) with prize money going to semi-final sides, runner-up and winner. No ranking system needed.

But first the breakoff, the mood seems to be too oppressive, too pressurised and too coercive.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 04 Jun 2013, 7:00 am

SecretFly wrote:So forget any complex European competition at all for now. Just let all Leagues and Unions go their own individual way again. AP will have its League and get more money for it from BT. Top 14 will have their perhaps enhanced big bucks League. Pro12 will have its League still, with new partner, Sky.

Then, if they all seriously want to talk about a European competition in a few years time (when tetchy moods have settled), have a true new beginning based on nothing that's gone before but based on an equal participation quick-fire European 6 Nation decider Competition.
Two sides from each Nation. 12 sides - two pools - one side per nation in each pool, decided by a simple draw - 5 games each - 4 qualifiers to play two semis and then the Final.

Less complexity, less sides, less bullshitt, less time, more true level playing field within a competition structure. One sponsor, one broadcaster, one deal divided equally to all league sides (38 parts) with prize money going to semi-final sides, runner-up and winner. No ranking system needed.

But first the breakoff, the mood seems to be too oppressive, too pressurised and too coercive.

Maybe from the outside but we have very little info from the inside. Why not just wait and see what happens and roll with? If something happens that you're not happy with take it up with you representative and see if they can do a different deal next time.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 04 Jun 2013, 11:26 am

No, Hammer...I think I'm getting excited by my newer idea. Wink

Just walk away for now. That's what I'd be advising my representatives to do now..........

...now where's that IRFU number I was using to advise them up to n.......................oops!!! None of you heard that, right!!!!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Tue 04 Jun 2013, 2:09 pm

SecretFly wrote:No, Hammer...I think I'm getting excited by my newer idea. Wink

Just walk away for now. That's what I'd be advising my representatives to do now..........

...now where's that IRFU number I was using to advise them up to n.......................oops!!! None of you heard that, right!!!!

SF,
Telephone +353 (0) 1 647 3800 http://www.irishrugby.ie/irfu/contact/index.php

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7