The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will David Luis be the New Lampard?

+3
kingraf
Good Golly I'm Olly
VDT
7 posters

Go down

Will David Luis be the New Lampard? Empty Will David Luis be the New Lampard?

Post by VDT Wed 22 May 2013, 7:50 pm

I think Mourinho continue the Rafa experiment and turn David Luiz first into defensive midfielder then in a season or two allowed him to go forward & take on the goalscoring Lampard role when Frank retires?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Will David Luis be the New Lampard? Empty Re: Will David Luis be the New Lampard?

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 22 May 2013, 8:24 pm

I cannay see it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Will David Luis be the New Lampard? Empty Re: Will David Luis be the New Lampard?

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2013, 8:36 pm

Your judgement of players must be quite poor. No way David Luiz (Luis???) will turn into a prolific double figures a season goal scoring midfielder. I'm not even sure this new role entirely suits him. I've seen him try ridiculous runs or poor first touches and he's been gobbled up in midfield, especially in the big games. The first half against Benfica he was horrible and could not control the game whatsover. Don't get me wrong the boy has talent, technique and passing ability along with a fiery temperament but he's not an player that should be transformed into an offensively minded player and Mourinho will know that better than anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 22 May 2013, 8:44 pm

I'm with Fergie on the Frank matter. Theres just nowhere else you going to find a genuine midfielder (i.e a midfielder who doesnt shirk defensive duties, a la Bale) who can score 15+ a season, while providing 10+ assists, and 80%+ passing, Chelsea shouldnt even bother replacing him. Luiz should probably play further up, but if a Lampard experiment is to be continued, Luiz is the absolute last player to fulfill that role.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 22 May 2013, 8:56 pm

Really, always thought the guy is abit slight to be centre back. He's got a good touch, decent range of passing and a beast of a shot, a couple of seasons in a Roy Keane role which give him the experience to move into a more advanced role.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 22 May 2013, 9:06 pm

By the sounds of it If Jose gets in the club Luiz may not even be at Chelsea next season which is a ridiculously thought, He dumps on Mikel 7 days a week 24/7

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2013, 9:16 pm

You can see why Mourinho would not like Luiz. Mourinho likes his teams and player positions, roles and duties completely sorted 100% and with Luiz he's unpredictable, temperamental and doesn't have a specific position. Luiz would also be a certain signing for Barcelona, just fits the mould. Young, technically sound, good range of passing, able to tackle and can play or replace a Busquets or play in central defence and brings pace to the backline. You could get £20m for Luiz and then bring in the players Mourinho really wants.

I don't think Roman is going to just give Mourinho £50m, especially with the new financial rules. Mourinho will want to make his mark early with his signings and not just pick up the reigns from Benitez.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 22 May 2013, 10:16 pm

Luiz is a liability. Too brain dead
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 22 May 2013, 11:31 pm

I'd have thought if Mourinho uses him away from centre back, he'd be the Essien of the side, that's the player Luiz most resembles.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 23 May 2013, 7:36 am

He doesnt appear to be anywhere near as much of a Kumquat. (Theres no point even responding to me about this but I always feel better for getting it out there)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down