The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will hold the briefcases this year?

+14
Kay Fabe
Bluebird_ccfc
Samo
Shot 21 LCFC
Sara
Mr Video Man
Dolphin Ziggler
Mr H
NickisBHAFC
The-Rizz
VDT
poc.sco
Crimey
BD21
18 posters

Go down

Who will hold the briefcases this year? Empty Who will hold the briefcases this year?

Post by BD21 Thu 23 May 2013, 12:26 pm

We are nearly at one my PPV's of the year so simple question.

Who are your early favourites to win the red or blue Money in the Bank briefcases?

BD21

Back to top Go down

Who will hold the briefcases this year? Empty Re: Who will hold the briefcases this year?

Post by Crimey Thu 23 May 2013, 12:36 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see only one Money in the Bank match this year, I think it's more likely there will be two still.

I think Cesaro could win the blue briefcase, like Jack Swagger and Daniel Bryan before him, he's falling off the radar and being badly booked and I can see them putting the briefcase on him to try and get him big again.

As for the Raw one, I really don't have a clue. CM Punk could win it, or an outside bet is Curtis Axel.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who will hold the briefcases this year? Empty Re: Who will hold the briefcases this year?

Post by poc.sco Thu 23 May 2013, 1:00 pm

red - randal orton
blue - ambrose

poc.sco

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 23 May 2013, 1:05 pm

Randy Orton is a good shout actually. Or even Sheamus.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 23 May 2013, 1:25 pm

SD - Daniel Bryan
RAW - Cesaro or a returning CM Punk maybe
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Rizz Thu 23 May 2013, 1:38 pm

How about Big E Langston? Would add a fresh dynamic to the briefcase, knowing that he could choose to cash-in on Ziggler.

The other thing i would love to see is an NXT MITB ladder match. 6-8 NXT guys, and the winner gets a contract on the main roster, and a title shot of their choice. Just to see Adrian Neville in a multi man ladder match would be all kinds of awesome!!

The-Rizz

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 23 May 2013, 3:40 pm

I like the concept personally of former WWE/World Champions go after the Raw briefcase.

Then up and coming stars who haven't held a big title go after the blue case.

My pick is

Raw - Orton
Smackdown - Cessaro

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 23 May 2013, 4:06 pm

Totally disagree with you Nick. That's half the trouble with the WHC being so undervalued - the title holders aren't big enough names. A title doesn't make the guy, a guy makes the title. I'd love to see Brock Lesnar win the Smackdown briefcase. It'd draw so much more interest to the title. Heyman carrying the briefcase around all year would be awesome.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by poc.sco Thu 23 May 2013, 4:30 pm

Good shout on Lesnar and building credibility around the WHC.

poc.sco

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 23 May 2013, 4:38 pm

I've got to say I'd hate another Raw past champs only briefcase. If that's the format then we're gonna keep having the same match. They should use it as an excuse to have people qualify on Raw so matches mean something. Then a wildcard pick.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 23 May 2013, 5:26 pm

poc.sco wrote:Good shout on Lesnar and building credibility around the WHC.

I wouldn’t even have Lesnar officially be part of the match. Have 7 of the 8 participants come out but say for instance Sin Cara’s music plays but he doesn’t appear. The match starts without him and towards the finish Lesnar music hits and the place goes nuts. He clears house, tossing wrestlers and ladders around like ragdolls, before climbing the ladder and retrieving the case. The next night on Raw we see a clip of Brock destroying Sin Cara backstage before he and Heyman bully Teddy Long into letting him enter the match. Lesnar doesn’t need to be around every week, Heyman can carry the case around, and if anyone can talk up the WHC and bring it credibility it’s Paul Heyman.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Thu 23 May 2013, 8:58 pm

raw- Curtis axel
smackdown- cesaro
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Fri 24 May 2013, 12:15 pm

I think there is a few who could take them this year.......Randy, Cesaro, one of the Shield, Cody, The Miz, Daniel Bryan, Big E, Curtis Axel, Wade, Sheamus.....its a tough call. I don't think the MITB works too well at the moment as they don't seem to book the person who wins it correctly, like Dolph.

That being said it would be freaking awesome if Punk or Lesnar won one Smile

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 24 May 2013, 12:26 pm

I have a feeling there will be on actual MITB match. This year Hell In A Cell and Elimination Chamber have only featured one stipulation match when previous ones had 2.

I personally think that is a great move. The briefcase holder can then cash in on any title which opens up a lot more possibilities and angles. Also its a bit overkill with 2 people carrying around briefcases...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Fri 24 May 2013, 1:45 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Also its a bit overkill with 2 people carrying around briefcases...

you must have hated the IRS then Wink
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 24 May 2013, 2:17 pm

Laugh

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by poc.sco Fri 24 May 2013, 2:22 pm

it's a great concept MITB but for me it drags on far too long in most cases. The match should be restored to Mania and a win/ cash-in the same evening could be immense from say CM Punk/ Ambrose.

Really build heat or perfect backdrop for a very unsuspected heel/ face turn.

poc.sco

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 24 May 2013, 5:48 pm

I think moving back to 1 match a year is the best option. Its starting to suffer from over saturation, especially a couple of years ago when we had 3.

I'd have 4 guys from each show. I'd also have 7 qualifying matches and a last chance Battle Royale for the last spot with the 7 losers. Making people qualify gives it a bit more pizazz and makes it seem more coveted.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Sat 25 May 2013, 10:35 am

It shouldn't have been moved from mania in the first place if you ask me. With it being on the mania card it gives alot more chance for others who may not be main event status to have a wrestlemania moment ala shelton Benjamin.
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 25 May 2013, 1:32 pm

Daniel Bryan should get one...looks like hes about to get a major story...about time too

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 25 May 2013, 1:33 pm

I'd really like Ambrose to get one as I think the promos from him whilst holding it could be immense but I don't think at present it works story wise.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Sat 25 May 2013, 3:11 pm

Hero wrote:I'd really like Ambrose to get one as I think the promos from him whilst holding it could be immense but I don't think at present it works story wise.

could have ambrose win the briefcase and then reigns and rollins deliver justice to whoever has the world title then ambrose run down the ramp cash in and pin the champion............with reigns and rollins being like the protectors of ambrose.
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 25 May 2013, 7:45 pm

Team Hell No split and then Daniel Bryan gets the WHC briefcase to have a long feud with Ziggler where he teases to cash in and plays on the relationship with AJ

I'd love Cesaro to get one because the guy is quality and deserves a major title with the skill he has...have to agree though Ambrose with a case is pure gold.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Sat 25 May 2013, 10:00 pm

Bluebird_ccfc wrote:It shouldn't have been moved from mania in the first place if you ask me. With it being on the mania card it gives alot more chance for others who may not be main event status to have a wrestlemania moment ala shelton Benjamin.

Shelton Benjamin Needs to get back to the E and fast he was very good at what he did and was awesome in ladder matches but they never gave him a chance and let him win the damn thing.
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Sun 26 May 2013, 9:26 pm

Outside bets
Red Curtis Axel
Blue Antonio cesaro

Realistic
Red Daniel Bryan
Blue Randy Orton

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down