The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oz: the great and the powerful

2 posters

Go down

Rate the Film

Oz: the great and the powerful Vote_lcap0%Oz: the great and the powerful Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Oz: the great and the powerful Vote_lcap0%Oz: the great and the powerful Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Oz: the great and the powerful Vote_lcap100%Oz: the great and the powerful Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Oz: the great and the powerful Empty Oz: the great and the powerful

Post by Adam D Mon 27 May 2013, 10:10 am

Caught this at the cinema yesterday and what a nice surprise it was.

The 3 witches are incredibly easy on the eye (I still love Michelle Williams from her Dawsons Creek days) and the visuals were amazing.

The male leads were not so good - James Franco just isnt a very good actor and plays a pretty unlikeable lead for most of the film. Also Zach Braff is pretty poor in everything he features. He looked less wooden when he became the CGI monkey!

Having said all that, I really enjoyed it and it once again shows that Sam Raimi is a great visual director.

One thing I would note is that the film is pretty much a remake of Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness! Think about it!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Oz: the great and the powerful Empty Re: Oz: the great and the powerful

Post by Crimey Mon 27 May 2013, 1:40 pm

It's not a classic by any means and it probably won't be remembered too fondly, but I thought it was a pretty decent film. As a fan of James Franco, I thought he did what he's good at, and I thought it had a few funny moments and the story was pretty decent. Obviously the real strength of the film was the visuals.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down