The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

we've made the play off's but how?

+3
ospreylian
Cari
grizly hairbear
7 posters

Go down

we've made the play off's but how? Empty we've made the play off's but how?

Post by grizly hairbear Sat 07 May 2011, 8:40 am

ok so we've made the play off's well chuffed ,:jedi:
always thought we'd get 5 points at aironi and scarlets would be too much for the blues at PYS but the acorn was squeaking watching our (ospreys) results popping up while watching the scarlets v blues game

but how did we manage to get there if we're honest ? i'm made up we're there but never expected the result in aironi to be 10-12,
scarlets did their part and did it well, good running open rugby scoring trys all night like they have all season to be fare, thought priestland played excellent at 10 ok booting his pens/cons he aint no s jones yet, but ball in hand, he added another dimension to the scalets (big season for them guys next season if injuries dont take its toll IMO)

As for us phew, we have been extremely poor since the return of the 6N's players, really poor. But played well 7 from 7 while the 6N's was on. ok all teams are missing internationals then but when these guys come back they have been dog droppings, we have been inconsistent all season and last, yes we won the final and played brillant in the game and patches of other matches, but we was as likely not to turn up and lose but 30, we have preformed very well in a few HC games but again didn't turn up at the london irish game and even when playing well in them you can see the poor coaching taking over as we would always (well nearly always) make the wrong decision at the big moment! this year is like the blind leading the blind, playing the coaches way is murdering our backs yes our forward pack is getting poo hot in the scrum which is great,and are improving in the line out but still need lots of work in the loose/rucks (tipuric is looking a god send)

i really think the coach need to be kkcufed off out of it cos they seem to be coaching them badly, there for the players are playing even worse than badly under them!! we need to get shot of these guys now cos we're turning into a joke,
AIRONI 10 OSPREYS 12 WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!! AND FOR ANYONRE NOT TO WANT TO CHANGE THEM AFTER THIS SEASON IS TOTALLY AND UTTERLY BEYOND ME.
So please explain if you would, give your thoughts either way, should they stay or should they go now
and your thoughts on last night games over all

grizly hairbear
grizly hairbear

Back to top Go down

we've made the play off's but how? Empty Re: we've made the play off's but how?

Post by Cari Sat 07 May 2011, 9:52 am

It was just the luck of the draw Grizz. I was watching the Scarlets game and for a while I really thought the Ospreys would finish sixth. The Scarlets were playing so well and the Blues weren't far behind them.
I can't see the Ospreys beating Munster if they continue the way they have been. However, it's not like the O's can't beat Munster away either - they've been there before. It depends how much they want to defend their title.

I don't think the poor performances are entirely down to the coaching. There seems to be a lot of in-fighting at the top end which is having an affect on the players. All the negative publicity this is generating about players coming and going can't help either. So, just sacking certain individuals won't improve everything. The Ospreys need to sort out their political mess too.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by ospreylian Sat 07 May 2011, 11:42 am

If we're totally honest this Ospreys team DO deserve to be there, the table doesn't lie.
but it's not the WAY i would have liked and it's not the Ospreys team I want to see playing.

GHB Fact is that by some distance the O's have outscored the other regions in the Magners by some distance, so something MUST be right.
Like you, two years ago I thought it must be the coaches, but then I saw how they can play if only in erratic games, THAT'S not the coaches, IT IS THE PLAYERS.
For next season I really hope that they choose another captain because for me AWJ, good player that he is, is not the brightest spark in the box making some basic captaincy errors throughout the season. That was highlighted for me, when he opted to take the three points in the blues game from the penalty given when Bradley Davies was binned. In their 22, they are a lock down, we just should have gone for the scrum particularly as we already had their scrum under intense pressure. Added to these moments of poor decision making, he is also prone to give away stupid schoolboy penalties.
In all it points to the players, it's they who drop balls, knock on, go the wrong way and kick when they should pass. In the heat of the moment players have to make crucial decisions and too many have made wrong ones for us this season.

Good to be there but munster look too strong for us and I'll take a Munster/Ulster final.

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Post by grizly hairbear Sat 07 May 2011, 12:59 pm

ospreylian
yeah we have out scored all side (i think) and have the 4th best score in the league at the end so yeah we deserve it but not on form of let we dont,

Cari makes a good point about all the in house fighting and the shambles between us and neath (bloody joke) now with some players gone that will decrease but i still think the coaches have to answer for the way we are playing too

AW JONES yes totally agree too many wrong decisions from him and many other guys, ITS NOT GOOD
but always the optimist we'l go to Limerick and win if we got our good heads ons as your said we have a tittle to protect
grizly hairbear
grizly hairbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Totallybiasedscarlet Sat 07 May 2011, 1:45 pm

It has to be said - sticking with Biggar who cannot read the game for toffee in preference over Hook has to be the major thing that highlights the Ospreys biggest problem. Those coaches have a schizophrenic approach to team selection. Do they want running rugby or not? If Biggar plays, forget it. You might as well play old fashioned english 10 man rugby.
Totallybiasedscarlet
Totallybiasedscarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 07 May 2011, 1:55 pm

The Ospreys thankfully accumilated bonus points throughout the season which kept them in the position to just make it last night. Agree with Ospreylian, it wasn't done the way we (the fans) would like to see, but they've made it. I'm going for a Leinster - Munster final though.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by grizly hairbear Sat 07 May 2011, 4:12 pm

leinster -osprey final,,,,,,,,,well i can dream but its knock out rugby now and its anyones. fingers out and lets see how we do.
went to munster the other year when we got our poopa's handed to us in the HC lets hope its different this time.
if we turn up we can beat anyone (i sound like a broken record)
its funny how bigger has seemed to have got worse and worse especially since the AI's that seems to be when the bottom fell out of his game big time and he has never recovered since then, b4 he could kick really well but even thats gone now, missing 4 last night ummmmm big trouble in little o's land,
sorry but cant agree with you guys that think we don't need coach changes. i aint screaming sack em for sackings sake, we need them changes or next year might be over b4 its began, we will soon tell next season cos the players left still look v-good to me
grizly hairbear
grizly hairbear

Back to top Go down

Post by ML Sat 07 May 2011, 5:01 pm

I dont think it will change - not whilst we have Ho-Hum doing the coaching and The Aussie in charge.

We are in the era of professional Rugby now - Johnson gives the players too much power - he tries to be "mates" with them instead of leading them. This undermines Ho-Hum and results in the off-field strops and the on field shambles when the Internationals are back at the club.

Look at ANY successful pro club in any team sport and they have ONE thing in common. STRONG leadership where the players KNOW what is expected of them and KNOW that if they dont toe the line, they are history.

It is no surprise that Manchester United are still ahead of Chelsea - look at the managers. Look at Liverpool's dominant sides of the 70s and 80s and look at the managers. Look at Leicester in the English game. Go to American sport and look at Football, Baseball, Basketball. The great sides ALL have STRONG management and the players KNOW who is in charge.

Hore needs to take control of the club - that is his Job. IF he doesnt do it, we will end up just repeating the cycle. The talented youngsters will become Internationals and will just emulate the behaviour of the current crop.

Johnson had the same effect on the National side when he was "skills coach" - result? Meltdown.
Sack Johnson and Ho-Hum. Until we get that strong management, we will be successful only fitfully.

Last edited by ML on Sat 07 May 2011, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by grizly hairbear Sat 07 May 2011, 5:08 pm

ML
agree mate, we gotta stop the rot before these young talented players get infected too
i'm praying to the big fella that cuddy see's sense and off's sj and co
grizly hairbear
grizly hairbear

Back to top Go down

Post by ospreylian Sun 08 May 2011, 11:53 am

Not just Cuddy though, is it?

But i take Cari's point about the politico, and here i do think Cuddy has something to answer for, it was he that kept faith with Henson AFTER he fell out with the squad (the o's squad), he that allowed Henson back in after he refused to train, and he that let Henson take the "leave of absence".

Those actions set the rot in, others could see that by stropping they could also get things their way............and this was BEFORE JOHNSON.

Johnson has clear (and attractive) principles of playing rugby, players need to be adaptable and skillful, however too many of the squad have gone to the Welsh squad, come back and then refused to buy into the vision, and that;s why so many are off.

ONE MORE SEASON, let's give the coaches that much and then if it's still not right say thanks and goodbye.

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Post by grizly hairbear Sun 08 May 2011, 4:53 pm

ONE MORE SEASON
ok i truely hope your right and the coaches do come good with the player, cos i think we still have a bunch of really good lads here,but think it might be a long season, fingers crossed
grizly hairbear
grizly hairbear

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sun 08 May 2011, 9:21 pm

IMO if the Ospreys are to have any chance on Sat the coaches must put Hook at 10, Duncan Jones at loosehead for mobility, Hibbard, Ian Evans in the second row and Ryan at 8. I would also have Hollar at 7 as it could be his last game and Thomas 6. IMO Phillips must be involved as this is going to be a tight hard game the Ospreys can win but not the way they have been playing recently and the team selections.

I can't see the coaches changing their ideas so I am not expecting an Ospreys win!

Good luck anyway.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed 11 May 2011, 12:46 pm

I echo much of the feeling already expressed.

However I find it very hard to reconcile our fantastic 7 win streak with the bilge of more recent matches.

If the "second" side were playing Johnsons' vision during the 6 nations then I'm very excited about the coming season.

Loki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down