The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welsh Regions Signings/Departures/Rumours 2013 (Scarlets link with Blues winger Albert Nikoro)

+34
Artful_Dodger
George Carlin
Notch
BuzzScarlet
Impossible Standards
Breadvan
HammerofThunor
doctornickolas
snowy2
Coleman
dragon999
Scrumdown
maestegmafia
dragon4life
Seagultaf
LordDowlais
tatterd
youngguns6
GavinDragon
Allty
mrzimmerman
munkian
Luckless Pedestrian
XR
The Saint
Stone Motif
wales606
thebluesmancometh
Welshmushroom
Cardiff Dave
Jhamer25
international197
ScarletSpiderman
pioden gorllewin
38 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Welsh Regions Signings/Departures/Rumours 2013 (Scarlets link with Blues winger Albert Nikoro) - Page 2 Empty Welsh Regions Signings/Departures/Rumours 2013 (Scarlets link with Blues winger Albert Nikoro)

Post by pioden gorllewin Wed 29 May 2013, 9:52 am

First topic message reminder :

n Harris arrives at Ospreys

In

Tito Tebaldi (Zebra) – Confirmed
Rhodri Williams (Scarlets) - Rumour
Tyler Ardron (Ontario Blues) - Confirmed
Jamie Murphy (Bridgend) - Confirmed
Jeff Hassler (Prairie Wolf Pack) - Confirmed
Mathew Dwyer (Bridgend) - Confirmed
Sam Williams (Aberavon)- Confirmed
Chris Gibbes ( Waikato/ Assistant Coach) - Confirmed
Zac Guilford (Crusaders) -Rumour
Aisea Natoga (Nadroga) - Confirmed

Out

Kahn Fotuali'i (Northampton Saints) - Confirmed
Jonathan Thomas (/Worcester Warriors) - Confirmed
Jonathan Humphries (Scotland Forwards Coach) - Confirmed
Campbell Johnstone ( Russian Club) - Confirmed
George Stowers (Tasman) - Confirmed
Cai Griffiths (London Welsh)- Confirmed
Ian Gough (Dragons) - Rumour

Scarlets

In

Steven Shingler ( London Irish) –Confirmed
Ed Jackson (London Welsh ) – Rumour
Andrew Coombes (Dragons) - Rumour
Gareth Delve ( Melbourne Rebels) - Rumour
Serge Lilo (Wellington Lions) - Rumour
John Barclay (Glasgow Warriors) - Confirmed
Nick Cummins (Western Force) - Rumour
Farid Sid (Perpignan)- Rumour
Opeti Fonua (Agen) - Rumour
Brett Deacon (Leicester Tigers) - Rumour
Regan King (Backs/Skills Coach) - Rumour
Genesis Mamea (Wellington) - Rumour
Darran Harris (Pontypridd) - Confirmed
Jamie Cub Davies (Carmarthen Athletic) - Confirmed
Josh Lewis (Ebbw Vale) - Confirmed
William Helu (Rugby Roma Olimpic) - Rumour
Lachlan McCaffery (Western Force)- Rumour
Rodnet So'oialo (Honda Heat) - Rumour
Frazier Climo (Taranaki) - Rumour
Albert Nikoro (Blues) -Rumour

Out

Tomas vallejos cinalli (Pampas XV) – Confirmed
Gareth Maule (London Irish/Munster) – Rumour
Adam Warren (Cardiff)- Rumour
Scott Williams (Cardiff) – Rumour
Rhodri Williams (Ospreys) – Rumour
Tavis Knoyle ( Gloucester) – Confirmed
Gareth Davies (Blues) –Rumour
Owen Williams (Leicester Tigers) – Confirmed
Jonathan Edwards (Cardiff RFC) – Confirmed
Andy Fenby (London Irish) - confirmed
Morgan Stoddart (Retired) - Confirmed
Dan Newton (London Scottish) - Confirmed
Kieron Murphy (Brive) - Confirmed
George North ( Northampton Saints)- Confirmed
Rheon James (Cornish Pirates)- Confirmed
Richie Pugh (Released) -Confirmed
Rhys Jones (Released) - RumourConfirmed
Dale Ford (Released/Bristol) - Confirmed
Samson Lee (Gloucester) - Rumour
Peter Edwards (London Welsh) -Confirmed
Craig Hawkins (Released) - Confirmed
Craig Price (Leicester Tigers) -Rumour
Lee Williams (Carmarthen Quins)- Confirmed

Dragons

In

Ross Wardle (Bedwas) - Confirmed
Richie Rees (Edinburgh) - Confirmed
Luciano Orquera (Zebre) -Rumour
Martin Muller (Cheetahs) - Confirmed
Juan Gomez (Pampas XV) - Rumour
Netani Talei (Edingburgh) - Confirmed
Francisco Chaparro (Stade Francias) - Confirmed
Kris Burton (Treviso) - Confirmed
Rhys Thomas (Wasps)- Confirmed
Malakai Fekitoa (Auckland) - Rumour
Lyn Jones (London Welsh) -Confirmed
Kingsley Jones (Russia National Team) - Rumour
Mathew Screech (Cardiff Blues) - Confirmed
Franck Montanella (London Welsh) - Rumour
Hudson Tonga’uiha (London Welsh) - Rumour
Jason Tovey (Cardiff Blues)- Confirmed
Ian Gough (Ospreys) - Rumour

Out

Andrew Coombes (Scarlets) – Rumour
Dan Lydiate (Racing Metro)- Confirmed
Steve Jones (Retired)- Confirmed
Tom Brown (Released/Jersey) - Confirmed
Tondi Chavhanga (Released) - Confirmed
Iestyn Thomas (Retired) - Confirmed
Josh Tyler (Released) - Confirmed
Hywel Stoddart (Released) - Confirmed
Tim Ryan (Coventry) - Confirmed

Blues

In

Filo Paulo (North Harbour) - confirmed
Matthew Rees (Scarlets) Confirmed
Liam Davies (confirmed - until end of season)
Gethin Jenkins (Toulon) - Confirmed
Rhys Gill (Saracens) - rumoured
Adam Warren (Scarlets) - rumoured
Scott Williams –(Scarlets) – rumoured
Tavis Knoyle (Scarlets) – rumour
Gareth Davies ( Scarlets) - rumour
Rodney So'oialo (Honda Heat) - Rumour

Out

Jamie Roberts (Racing Metro) - confirmed
Tom James (Exeter Chiefs) -confirmed
Richard Mustoe (retirement) -confirmed
Fau Filise - (retirement) rumour
Ceri Sweeney (Exeter Chiefs) - Confirmed
Leigh Halfpenny (Clermont) - Rumour
Michael Paterson (Sale Sharks) - Confirmed
Campese Ma'afu (Nottingham) -Confirmed
Corry Hill (Cornish Pirates) - Confirmed
Andy Kyriacou (Retired)- Confirmed
Xavier Rush (Leaves) - Confirmed
Mathew Screech (Bedwas/Dragons) - Confirmed
Nathan Trevett  (London Welsh) - Confirmed
Jason Tovey (Dragons) - Confirmed

Last edited by pioden gorllewin on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 6:35 pm; edited 54 times in total
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Welsh Regions Signings/Departures/Rumours 2013 (Scarlets link with Blues winger Albert Nikoro) - Page 2 Empty Re: Welsh Regions Signings/Departures/Rumours 2013 (Scarlets link with Blues winger Albert Nikoro)

Post by Jhamer25 Tue 04 Jun 2013, 5:05 pm

The Saint wrote:
Jhamer25 wrote:
First of all look back to my original post and you will see that I never said that he would be better off at going to the blues or Scarlets because they will be more competitive. I said it would be unfair on the Dragons if he went to one of those 2 team . I said and I quote "he deserves to be in a better, more competitive team". Did I say that was the Blues or Scarlets? No
You combined two completely different sentences.

But it's what you clearly wrote. If you wasn't referring to those teams then that was quite unclear because of your post.

And you quoted " Blues? They get 100 points put on them every time they play Leinster" didn't state you were adding them up now did you.

I cleared this up for you. Need I really do that again? Because it was sent through in clear English.

Secondly how am I taking cheap shots what I say is true. yes The Scarlet have lost North but we have more and have kept more of them than the Dragons. They should be able to keep their 3 international because they have less international than the other regions and can't keep them even though the ospreys keep the likes of adam jones, alyn wyn jones, Hibbard, Ian evans, Justing Tipuric Dan Bigger and they are given the same amount of money by the WRU than that's given with the Dragons. I'm not having a go at the dragons because I wan them to do good, but i'm just sating the obvious which by the looks you can't see.

This is your most clueless statement. I didn't get your original point and I still don't. I didn't mention North or any other teams losing players. Without money though the Dragons won't keep them, because Dragons don't get handouts from the WRU (even though Dregs should seeing as they're 50% owned), and they don't have any investors like the Ospreys or Blues have had. That in contrast with a clueless and unambitious coach would obviously make it difficult to hold on to players.

Then finally you said "going on to conclude with what I've just said to you. That doesn't make much sense to me" on your last post but before that you said that "Dragons need support from their Union ". So you said the Dragons not the regions need help form the WRU and I said the Regions . so actually I wasn't repeating what you said to me.

Are you really this dull? I said the 50% union owned Dragons need help from the WRU just like the Scarlets and Blues, who are other Regions. I compared them because they have and may find themselves to be in a similar situation.

Also not sure why you're taking a cheap shots at the Scarlets by stating all their bad game this season but seem to miss out the on good games they have won this season like doing the double over both Munster and Glasgow and our defeat over Leinster at the beginning of the season. We haven't had the best season no but we still have something to be happy about.

I'm not, I'm just making it clear that they haven't been competitive. Reaching the play-offs just papered over some cracks. It's quite surprising to me actually because they have a very good squad. If I was a Scarlet I wouldn't be happy with the past few seasons at all.

"But it's what you clearly wrote. If you wasn't referring to those teams then that was quite unclear because of your post."

How is it clearly what I wrote, First of al I started a new sentence and a new line, you were just stupid enough to put them together. Also how come no one else thought of it like that? Just you

This is your most clueless statement. I didn't get your original point and I still don't. I didn't mention North or any other teams losing players. Without money though the Dragons won't keep them, because Dragons don't get handouts from the WRU (even though Dregs should seeing as they're 50% owned), and they don't have any investors like the Ospreys or Blues have had. That in contrast with a clueless and unambitious coach would obviously make it difficult to hold on to players.

You said I took a cheap shot at the Dragons for only saying that they had 3 players, which just make you pathetic because the fact is they 3 internationals in their team. Compared to the other regions which have many more, yet what i'm saying is the dragons struggle more to keep their 3 players more than the other regions struggle to keep theirs. Are you really that thick that you can't see that. Also what are you mumbling on about coaches for now.

Are you really this dull? I said the 50% union owned Dragons need help from the WRU just like the Scarlets and Blues, who are other Regions. I compared them because they have and may find themselves to be in a similar situation.

Where did you say that Come on prove it. You said Dragons need help from the unions you didn't say 50% of the Dragons is owned by the union. You just don't make sense.

I'm not, I'm just making it clear that they haven't been competitive. Reaching the play-offs just papered over some cracks. It's quite surprising to me actually because they have a very good squad. If I was a Scarlet I wouldn't be happy with the past few seasons at all.

Oh right, so earlier when I was just stating that the Dragons had 3 players and were struggling to keep them that's wasn't making it clear, according to you that was a cheap shot even though it's clearly what is true. Yes the Scarlets do have a good team and they can be competitive but you downgrading them and kicking them whilst their down by pointing out all their failures this year is a bit of a cheap shot I think.

Just face it you misread my post and know it's led to this. In future, when you see a full stop or new sentence take a break between them and don't' compare them to each other ok. it will make a lot more sense to you then

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Welsh Regions Signings/Departures/Rumours 2013 (Scarlets link with Blues winger Albert Nikoro) - Page 2 Empty Re: Welsh Regions Signings/Departures/Rumours 2013 (Scarlets link with Blues winger Albert Nikoro)

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 6:28 pm

People shouldn't keep going on about this three internationals on our books. It is a bit ignorant. It doesn't matter what our players do, they don't get their form rewarded. Prime example being the Evans' at the Dragons seeing coach's favourites like Knoyle, Robinson and the Turk backrow getting in over them.

To be fair, the only ones who tend to talk it up the most would be Turks though.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 04 Jun 2013, 7:34 pm

Gosh Jhamer you're so boring.

How is it clearly what I wrote, First of al I started a new sentence and a new line, you were just stupid enough to put them together. Also how come no one else thought of it like that? Just you

It must be your grammar confusing people then.

You said I took a cheap shot at the Dragons for only saying that they had 3 players, which just make you pathetic because the fact is they 3 internationals in their team. Compared to the other regions which have many more, yet what i'm saying is the dragons struggle more to keep their 3 players more than the other regions struggle to keep theirs. Are you really that thick that you can't see that. Also what are you mumbling on about coaches for now.

I don't see why you mentioned the Dregs having three internationals, hence it coming across as a pointless cheap shot. And as Risca says, they don't get a look-in anyway. You're just repeating your statement here and it's still pointless.
I mentioned the Dregs coaches to try and clear something up for you (your ill-informed and unnecessary post on the Dragons) because you're stupid.

Where did you say that Come on prove it. You said Dragons need help from the unions you didn't say 50% of the Dragons is owned by the union. You just don't make sense.

Call someone over and scroll upwards. Then maybe they can explain it to you because everything is there in clear English (which is my second language, and I suppose you're going to call me up on this in your next crap post? Headscratch).

Oh right, so earlier when I was just stating that the Dragons had 3 players and were struggling to keep them that's wasn't making it clear, according to you that was a cheap shot even though it's clearly what is true. Yes the Scarlets do have a good team and they can be competitive but you downgrading them and kicking them whilst their down by pointing out all their failures this year is a bit of a cheap shot I think.

You really are a Broken Record stuck on repeat aren't you? It was a pointless statement yet you think the Scarlets are competitive. Looking at the record in Europe in recent seasons indicates this is incorrect. I'm actually a fan of the Scarlets but it's the same old issues like player favouritism and clueless coaching holding them back. Probably best not to be in denial about it.
And now you're just being childish by making these accusations. Grow up pal.

Just face it you misread my post and know it's led to this. In future, when you see a full stop or new sentence take a break between them and don't' compare them to each other ok. it will make a lot more sense to you then

No, you're grammar is just poor, which makes this all the more amusing. You've been following my posts with dull/incorrect statements for the past couple of weeks; don't you feel it's time to give it a rest now?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Wed 05 Jun 2013, 12:14 pm

New Director of Rugby at the Dragons?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/newport-gwent-dragons-unveil-lyn-4052403

If true no surprise as I think Edwards was starting to lose the plot.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 05 Jun 2013, 12:21 pm

Lyn and Kingsley. Bloody hell the Dragons have had a cash injection somewhere. Should really be interesting to see what happens with them next season. Although, I have a feeling I end up saying that nearly ever year at this time (Last season when they signed Prydie, Evans etc and looked like really fine backline etc).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 1:10 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Lyn and Kingsley. Bloody hell the Dragons have had a cash injection somewhere. Should really be interesting to see what happens with them next season. Although, I have a feeling I end up saying that nearly ever year at this time (Last season when they signed Prydie, Evans etc and looked like really fine backline etc).

Better coaching team than the Blues Sad
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by international197 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 1:58 pm

I'm happy to see a Welsh coach from abroad (Lyn Jones) coming back to Wales, rather than the other way around (Jonathan Humphreys leaving Wales for Scotland, or Sean Holley going to Bristol). I feel disappointed that Lyn Jones has NWQ players* at the Dragons next season, but hopefully he'll see what I think is sensible and play young WQ players instead (for example Steffan Jones, Lewis Robling or Dan Evans instead of Kris Burton at fly-half). Unfortunately for him, he wasn't at the Dragons when these signings were made, so I suspect he didn't have a say. I would also like to see Kingsley Jones come back to Wales from Russia, so I would be happy for the Dragons to sign him, as long as it doesn't make them insolvent. I also hope Darren Edwards stays in Wales (either at one of our professional regions or one of our semi-professional region/clubs) and therefore doesn't go chasing the money abroad.

*http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22081633

Last edited by international197 on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

international197

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jun 2013, 2:03 pm

The Burton signing might seem a bit more pointless soon, though for now Robling should be left at 12 and Evans at 15 and Burton and Steff for the ten shirt.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 05 Jun 2013, 2:11 pm

Very good news.
Kingsley would be a good backs coach, and hopefully he knows the next best front row forward to come out of Russia and bring him along.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 05 Jun 2013, 2:21 pm

The Saint wrote:Kingsley would be a good backs coach.

Laugh

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 05 Jun 2013, 2:35 pm

gcBlues wrote:

Laugh

Ooops, perhaps I meant forwards coach. When Lyn Jones was temporarily coaching the Dragons I believe he was backs coach, but if he's going to be head coach or DOR then who would be backs coach?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by international197 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 2:47 pm

The Saint wrote:Very good news.
Kingsley would be a good backs coach, and hopefully he knows the next best front row forward to come out of Russia and bring him along.

I would prefer Lyn Jones to bring WQ LW players Dan George, Adam Brown, James Lewis, Gavin Henson and Sonny Parker to the Dragons (as long as they're cheap and affordable).

international197

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jun 2013, 2:51 pm

The Saint wrote:
gcBlues wrote:

Laugh

Ooops, perhaps I meant forwards coach. When Lyn Jones was temporarily coaching the Dragons I believe he was backs coach, but if he's going to be head coach or DOR then who would be backs coach?

Darren. As dump as he is as a head coach, he's not a bad backs coach.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 05 Jun 2013, 2:51 pm

I think we're a little tired of hearing what you would prefer. To be honest the only players I'm familiar with there is Henson and Parker, and I wouldn't take either of them.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Wed 05 Jun 2013, 3:39 pm

I've no problem with Foreign signings. That said buying Burton is like buying a Fijian Prop. Waste of time.

For me the 8 standout Italian players I have seen in the Rabbo are:

Barbieri (Treviso) - plays 6 & 8 and is a great player
Zanni (Treviso) - plays openside but useful across the backrow
Venditti (Zebre) - Big powerful fast winger, has potential in the right backline
Sgarbi (Treviso) - Very useful looking Centre (granted the Dragons wouldn't need this guy)
Ghiraldini (Treviso) - Great Hooker, surplus to requirements for Dragons as Rhys is a good signing in my book.
Cittadini (Treviso) - Tighthead Prop, good scrummager

Granted they are all internationals and may not have been available. 2 non capped players who look useful are:

Redolfini (Zebre) - Tighthead Prop, Big Unit & Solid in the scrum
Muccignat (Treviso) - Tighthead Prop, Also a big unit

Those would have been the only Italian players I would have considered though

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Wed 05 Jun 2013, 3:45 pm

On a side note I would never play Dan Evans at Fly Half. He's been brilliant at Full Back for the Dragons so keep him there. With Prydie taking the kicks of the wing the Fly Half does not need to have a boot. Leaves a creative option open. A player like Jordan Williams or Matthew Morgan would have been perfect.

The Dragons do actually have a quality first choice backline on paper. What it lacks is a creative 10 and a replacement wing for Harries who is off the boil.

The real problem as I always have said is upfront where our forwards really lack any real edge and power to their game. Barbieri would be a great signing where as the Fiji 8 is going to be rubbish.

Anyone know what kind of budgets the Italian outfits have?

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jun 2013, 3:56 pm

Talei is a good signing, in my opinion Mushroom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Wed 05 Jun 2013, 4:17 pm

Problem is he's getting on a bit. Someone like Barbieri would have been a far better signing. Either way wont make a blind bit of difference if our front 5 don't sort themselves out this year.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 7:19 pm

The Saint wrote:Gosh Jhamer you're so boring.

It must be your grammar confusing people then.

I don't see why you mentioned the Dregs having three internationals, hence it coming across as a pointless cheap shot. And as Risca says, they don't get a look-in anyway. You're just repeating your statement here and it's still pointless.
I mentioned the Dregs coaches to try and clear something up for you (your ill-informed and unnecessary post on the Dragons) because you're stupid.

Call someone over and scroll upwards. Then maybe they can explain it to you because everything is there in clear English (which is my second language, and I suppose you're going to call me up on this in your next crap post? Headscratch).

You really are a Broken Record stuck on repeat aren't you? It was a pointless statement yet you think the Scarlets are competitive. Looking at the record in Europe in recent seasons indicates this is incorrect. I'm actually a fan of the Scarlets but it's the same old issues like player favouritism and clueless coaching holding them back. Probably best not to be in denial about it.
And now you're just being childish by making these accusations. Grow up pal.

No, you're grammar is just poor, which makes this all the more amusing. You've been following my posts with dull/incorrect statements for the past couple of weeks; don't you feel it's time to give it a rest now?

Hahahahahaa
Getting a bit nasty now are we saint because you know your wrong huh. Fine 2 can play at that game
You are really a pathetic little joke aren't you. Shouldn't you have been at work at 7:20 or do you live on this site as well. Sad little man.
Don't care anymore, carry on babbling on cause no one cares laughing

Last edited by Jhamer25 on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:41 pm; edited 3 times in total

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 7:20 pm

international197 wrote:

I would prefer Lyn Jones to bring WQ LW players Dan George, Adam Brown, James Lewis, Gavin Henson and Sonny Parker to the Dragons (as long as they're cheap and affordable).
HAHAHAHAHA shows how much you know about rugby. Sonny Parker and Dan george really Headscratch

God news about the drag's though, hopefully it will get them a bit more stability

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by international197 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 7:31 pm

Jhamer25 wrote:
international197 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA shows how much you know about rugby. Sonny Parker and Dan george really Headscratch

God news about the drag's though, hopefully it will get them a bit more stability

I would prefer Dan George to go to the Dragons rather than a Russian front row forward, yes. I would also prefer Sonny Parker to go to the Dragons rather than a Russian front row forward, yes. Russian front row forwards aside, I don't think the Dragons have a real need to sign Dan George or Sonny Parker for next year. In fact, I don't think they need to sign anyone for next season, I think they've got a competitive squad already for the 2013/2014 season.

international197

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 05 Jun 2013, 9:26 pm

international197 wrote:
Jhamer25 wrote:
international197 wrote:

I would prefer Dan George to go to the Dragons rather than a Russian front row forward, yes. I would also prefer Sonny Parker to go to the Dragons rather than a Russian front row forward, yes. Russian front row forwards aside, I don't think the Dragons have a real need to sign Dan George or Sonny Parker for next year. In fact, I don't think they need to sign anyone for next season, I think they've got a competitive squad already for the 2013/2014 season.

I would prefer that Lyn be able to do what he thinks is best for the Drags and if that means signing a Russian then so be it.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:38 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
international197 wrote:
Jhamer25 wrote:
international197 wrote:

I would prefer that Lyn be able to do what he thinks is best for the Drags and if that means signing a Russian then so be it.

I don't think the Russians have anything up front at all, I've watched them a few time and every time their scrum has been torn apart, A Romanian, Georgian or Moldavian figure would be more suited for scrummaging. Anyway they won't bring anyone new in now, they are fully stacked on foreigners now (they have 6 max).

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:59 pm

Jhamer25 wrote:

I don't think the Russians have anything up front at all,

No idea either, so best let Lyn decide what's best for his team.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:46 pm

One thing about Lyn though, is that at the Ospreys he was always satisfied with mediocre performances. I get the impression he never came down hard on the team.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 06 Jun 2013, 11:45 pm

The Saint wrote:One thing about Lyn though, is that at the Ospreys he was always satisfied with mediocre performances. I get the impression he never came down hard on the team.

Come to think of it, I seem to remember him chopsing nonsense about CCS is the place to be etc on ScrumV.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:00 am

The Saint wrote:One thing about Lyn though, is that at the Ospreys he was always satisfied with mediocre performances. I get the impression he never came down hard on the team.

It's quite possible that what he said to the media and what he said in the changing room were very different.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:25 am

Sorry haven't updated on here recently, currently in Spain.

Ospreys have strengthened their attacking options with Canadian 7's player Jeff Hassler. Hope he doesn't block the development of Dafydd Howells. But guess Eli Walker, Dirken & Howells potential will be away with Wales. So I guess it's a bit of depth for them.

Chuffed for dragons Lyn Jones and Kingsley Jones is back with them. Great for the Drago s &great for wWelsh rugby as a whole.
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 07 Jun 2013, 12:14 pm

Neither are at the Dragons just yet, Pioden. Ospreys definitely needed to add some backs to their squad, I just hope this Canadian is decent and won't miss the entire season due to Sevens commitments.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 07 Jun 2013, 1:40 pm

Lynn to bring Gavlar with him ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 1:47 pm

Really good signing I think. He is versatile as he can cover both wing and centre.
he is in their budget and from the highlights I have seen from him he looks like a promising player. Got man of the match against Russia at the Eirias park.

The ospreys recruitment has always been spot on I feel, Just look at the Moldavian prop, no one has ever heard of him or even seen him for that matter yet he has gone to the ospreys and he has made good impacts for them of the bench. A good player to have as back up. Never doubt the ospreys recruitment policies.

Also it would be great if Gavin went to the Dragons, he needs to play back in Wales and the Dragons need a versatile back line player. he can strengthen their centre options in attack but his injury status is the only worry for them.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/gavin-henson-set-potential-move-4091496

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by international197 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 3:00 pm

I hope Jeff Hassler will provide competition for the likes of Richard Fussell, Hanno Dirksen, Ross Jones, Eli Walker and Dafydd Howells on the Ospreys wings next season. Also, the likes of Jonathan Spratt, Tom Isaacs, Andrew Bishop, Ashley Beck, Ben John, Nathan Edwards and Will Price in the centre. The only shame I feel is he's not WQ. I hope the Canadian Rugby Union are contributing to his wage, especially if he's regularly on sevens duty.

I would enjoy seeing Gavin Henson in a Newport Gwent Dragons training shirt, competing with the likes of Steffan Jones and Kris Burton for the fly-half berth, the likes of Lewis Robling, Ross Wardle, Ashley Smith, Adam Hughes, Patrick Leach and Andy Tuilagi in the centre, and the likes of Dan Evans, Tom Prydie, Hallam Amos and Jamie Smith at fullback. I'm happy to see a WQ player from abroad linked with a Welsh region, I hope more will follow, such as James Hook, Mike Phillips, Dwayne Peel, Eifion Lewis-Roberts, Rhys Gill, Aled Brew, Alix Popham, Nicky Robinson, George North, Daniel Lydiate, Jamie Roberts, Luke Charteris, Craig Mitchell, Gareth Delve, Huw Bennett, Lee Byrne and Darren Allinson (to strengthen the already strong squads at the Welsh regions), and maybe a few quality overseas players, like Jeff Hassler, as long as they're affordable, provide good competition for WQ players and treated equally to WQ players.

Last edited by international197 on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 3:24 pm; edited 5 times in total

international197

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 07 Jun 2013, 3:03 pm

If Gav comes in on a pay-per-play scheme then that isn't so bad I guess. A brain like his among Jones, Robling, Dixon, Wardle and Hughes should hopefully come in handy. Plus I'd rather see Jones and Henson at 10 before Burton.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 07 Jun 2013, 3:23 pm

If his heart's in it, Henson's still a good player. When his heart isn't in it, he's average. He didn't exactly tear up trees for the Blues.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:52 pm

They played him every now and then at full back and wing, how was he supposed to build form ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 6:10 pm

international197 wrote:I hope Jeff Hassler will provide competition for the likes of Richard Fussell, Hanno Dirksen, Ross Jones, Eli Walker and Dafydd Howells on the Ospreys wings next season. Also, the likes of Jonathan Spratt, Tom Isaacs, Andrew Bishop, Ashley Beck, Ben John, Nathan Edwards and Will Price in the centre. The only shame I feel is he's not WQ. I hope the Canadian Rugby Union are contributing to his wage, especially if he's regularly on sevens duty.

I would enjoy seeing Gavin Henson in a Newport Gwent Dragons training shirt, competing with the likes of Steffan Jones and Kris Burton for the fly-half berth, the likes of Lewis Robling, Ross Wardle, Ashley Smith, Adam Hughes, Patrick Leach and Andy Tuilagi in the centre, and the likes of Dan Evans, Tom Prydie, Hallam Amos and Jamie Smith at fullback. I'm happy to see a WQ player from abroad linked with a Welsh region, I hope more will follow, such as James Hook, Mike Phillips, Dwayne Peel, Eifion Lewis-Roberts, Rhys Gill, Aled Brew, Alix Popham, Nicky Robinson, George North, Daniel Lydiate, Jamie Roberts, Luke Charteris, Craig Mitchell, Gareth Delve, Huw Bennett, Lee Byrne and Darren Allinson (to strengthen the already strong squads at the Welsh regions), and maybe a few quality overseas players, like Jeff Hassler, as long as they're affordable, provide good competition for WQ players and treated equally to WQ players.

God, Alix popham retired years ago mind. Blast form the past
Yes he is a foreigner and you are right when you say that the Canadian should help pay his wage bill if he is away with them for the 7's. However, I think he will be dedicated to the ospreys for a season or two, just to see what happens. I doubt he would be away with the 7's much.
I think front rowers outside Wales should be the main target for the regions' recruitment. With 3 out of the 4 struggling in big games; not the Ospreys though because they are rich with front rowers. But the dragons, scarlet's and blues need props, WELSH props. They are out there we just need bring them home. Gethins coming home, now we just need Rhys Gill, Craig Mitchell, Ben Broster, Paul James and Eifion Lewis Roberts.
Anyway Ospreys haven't got many foreigners anymore, so including hassler I can only count 3 NWQ's in their squad.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by international197 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 6:47 pm

Jhamer25 wrote:
international197 wrote:I hope Jeff Hassler will provide competition for the likes of Richard Fussell, Hanno Dirksen, Ross Jones, Eli Walker and Dafydd Howells on the Ospreys wings next season. Also, the likes of Jonathan Spratt, Tom Isaacs, Andrew Bishop, Ashley Beck, Ben John, Nathan Edwards and Will Price in the centre. The only shame I feel is he's not WQ. I hope the Canadian Rugby Union are contributing to his wage, especially if he's regularly on sevens duty.

God, Alix popham retired years ago mind. Blast form the past
Yes he is a foreigner and you are right when you say that the Canadian should help pay his wage bill if he is away with them for the 7's. However, I think he will be dedicated to the ospreys for a season or two, just to see what happens. I doubt he would be away with the 7's much.
I think front rowers outside Wales should be the main target for the regions' recruitment. With 3 out of the 4 struggling in big games; not the Ospreys though because they are rich with front rowers. But the dragons, scarlet's and blues need props, WELSH props. They are out there we just need bring them home. Gethins coming home, now we just need Rhys Gill, Craig Mitchell, Ben Broster, Paul James and Eifion Lewis Roberts.
Anyway Ospreys haven't got many foreigners anymore, so including hassler I can only count 3 NWQ's in their squad.

Yes, I agree with you to bring the props home. I think there are plenty of quality props in Wales and I think someone like Craig Mitchell or Eifion Lewis Roberts would have to compete hard to win a starting tight-head berth ahead of the likes of Scott Andrews, Samson Lee, Nathan Buck, Adam Jones and Aaron Jarvis, however I believe greater competition can only improve these players and bring out the best in everyone; I would be happy to see any of the props you've mentioned come back to Wales at a sustainable salary.

international197

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 7:07 pm

munkian wrote:They played him every now and then at full back and wing, how was he supposed to build form ?

Yeah, I felt he was hard done by the Blues incompetent coaches
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Sat 08 Jun 2013, 10:32 am

Ospreys have signed another Canadian. Utility second/back row player Tyler Ardron.

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/News/Article/29566

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Sat 08 Jun 2013, 11:07 am

georgestowersbiceps wrote:Ospreys have signed another Canadian. Utility second/back row player Tyler Ardron.

Back up for James king?
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Sat 08 Jun 2013, 1:16 pm

[quote="Luckless Pedestrian"][quote="The Saint"]One thing about Lyn though, is that at the Ospreys he was always satisfied with mediocre performances. I get the impression he never came down hard on the team.[/quote]

It's quite possible that what he said to the media and what he said in the changing room were very different. [/quote]

Many players thought he was a joke in the changing room.

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 1:23 pm

pioden gorllewin wrote:
georgestowersbiceps wrote:Ospreys have signed another Canadian. Utility second/back row player Tyler Ardron.

Back up for James king?

Odd really though they aread haver enough cover at lock and back row, another utility back row might have been better. But as I said before, the Ospreys recruitments are never bad, they aways contribute in some way or another to their team. Wait and see what he is like huh.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Sat 08 Jun 2013, 4:38 pm

As long as they're better than O'Toole! Interesting that Ospreys have done what they did a couple of years ago by signing countrymen at the same time (khan and Stowers)One back and one forward. Could be a coincidence of course. Both players this time are very young, each being 21. Fingers crossed they prove to be good signings.

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 08 Jun 2013, 4:39 pm

Didn't they sign a Canadian a year or so back? I want to say Chauncy O'Toole, but not sure, but I remember him being a backrower and basically being a total waste of time and hardly playing. I just hope these two don't turn out the same, as they seem more like filler than starters/bench warmers.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 08 Jun 2013, 4:40 pm

Biceps, damn you beat me to it.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Sat 08 Jun 2013, 4:53 pm

Apologies Peter, I guess your spider sense let you down that time!

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 08 Jun 2013, 4:55 pm

On the plus side it confirmed my belief about O'Toole.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by international197 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 6:48 pm

Jhamer25 wrote:
pioden gorllewin wrote:

Back up for James king?

Odd really though they aread haver enough cover at lock and back row, another utility back row might have been better. But as I said before, the Ospreys recruitments are never bad, they aways contribute in some way or another to their team. Wait and see what he is like huh.

I agree with you that the Ospreys already have enough cover at lock and back row. I believe Ospreys players like Alun Wyn Jones, Ian Evans, Ian Gough, James King, Ryan Jones, James Goode and Lloyd Peers will be competing for a lock berth for the Ospreys next season. I also think Ospreys players like Justin Tipuric, Sam Lewis, James King, Ryan Jones, Tom Smith, Alun Wyn Jones, Joe Bearman and Arthur Ellis will be competing for a back row berth for the Ospreys next season. I understand that the Ospreys have released George Stowers and Jonathan Thomas, however, I believe they still have an abundance of WQ competition at 4,5,6,7 and 8; I would feel angry if they would have signed another WQ player to compete for these positions because I think that would be unneccessary and extravagant; I feel even angrier that they have signed NWQ Tyler Ardron.

Last edited by international197 on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

international197

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:25 pm

Watched the Samoa game today, any other Scarlets fans like that Bulldozer I mean Samoan number 8.
I have never heard or seen him before, anyone seen him before.
I know I am just throwing a name about but i'm desperate for a signing.
He was exactly what I would want in an 8 for the scarlets. Your views anyone

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by international197 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:35 pm

Jhamer25 wrote:Watched the Samoa game today, any other Scarlets fans like that Bulldozer I mean Samoan number 8.
I have never heard or seen him before, anyone seen him before.
I know I am just throwing a name about but i'm desperate for a signing.
He was exactly what I would want in an 8 for the scarlets. Your views anyone

I think the Scarlets have plenty of competition for the number eight position for next season; Rob McCusker, Craig Price and Sion Bennett. I want them to not sign another eight, especially a NWQ number eight. I believe they also have the option of calling up a number eight from Llandovery RFC, Llanelli RFC, Carmarthen Quins RFC, Narberth RFC, RGC1404 and other clubs/region within the Scarlets region if needed at any point next season.

international197

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next