The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorites For the title in the CT 2013

+5
Fists of Fury
Good Golly I'm Olly
Duty281
jimbohammers
subhranshu.kumar.5
9 posters

Go down

Favorites For the title in the CT 2013 Empty Favorites For the title in the CT 2013

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 4:27 am

The ICC Champion Trophy is due to begin in one day, with India taking on South Africa in the first game. So I thought of taking your views regarding who to be the favorites according to their current form. SA, no doubt is one of the greatest one day side these days but their chokeness in the big tournament has made them little away from fans, but still they have a heavy chance of winning. India played brilliantly in the first two practice games but their top order is new and is in big trouble. Filling the boots of Gauti and Viru is not an easy task, though I have kept my finger crossed. Pakistan can prove handy in these conditions, relying on their bowlers. They have got one of the masters of swing and seam and in the mid overs Hafeez and Ajmal can prove to be handy. Its difficult to score against them, this is better known to SA. As i look upon the previous champion Aussies side my hopes are going down and down. Starc was considered as one of the greatest left arm seam bowlers before India tour by some of my friends but he failed. Yesterday also he was unable to carry on a good start. Faulkner no doubt is a superb bowler who bowled pretty well in the IPL this year but he was helpless in the warm up match against India. Regarding batting I would suggest call Ricky and Hussey back. laughing Losing the previous three finals of the big tournaments in the recent history SL team might be looking desperate to get the title and I think they can move ahead. Regarding WI their team performed as a unit in the practice match yesterday but this should continue in the upcoming games also. Looking at the recent form of some of the WI players in the IPL, I hope they will give a strong fight to the other teams in the CT. Last but not the least NZ team looks more balanced than any other team in the present scenario.
Their two series victory against SA and England shows their capability to take on difficult situations.
At Last I think the series is on and any team can go ahead to hold the trophy. It is difficult for me to chose one but my bet is on NZ.. Whats your views guys.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Favorites For the title in the CT 2013 Empty Re: Favorites For the title in the CT 2013

Post by jimbohammers Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:20 am

Im backing India to win it, with Dinesh Karthik as top run scorer... at least that's what my betslip says Erm Fingers Crossed

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Favorites For the title in the CT 2013 Empty Re: Favorites For the title in the CT 2013

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 12:02 pm

jimbohammers wrote:Im backing India to win it, with Dinesh Karthik as top run scorer... at least that's what my betslip says Erm Fingers Crossed

I will be happy if Dhoni lifts the trophy.....But am confused to select between India and NZ. Both the teams are playing really well. Lets see...Just one day to go....
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 12:05 pm

I'm backing England because....I always back England. rose

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:32 pm

My tip is Pakistan
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 06 Jun 2013, 7:38 am

Pakistan are an excellent tip - a very well rounded side.

I think it is absolutely wide open. Any of Australia, England, South Africa and Pakistan for me (I think the bowling of India will let them down). Just depends who plays their best cricket across those couple of weeks.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Thu 06 Jun 2013, 9:09 am

I would be tempted to rule out Australia, but their fast bowling looks good (there's no way India would have scored so many in an 11 a side match, because Dhoni wouldn't have been batting 7) and Watson can win a match on his own. Plus Clarke and Bailey are decent options.

It is as several people have said wide open. I actually believe that if they play to the best of their ability with their strongest XI then England should win, but of course that's a big "if".

New Zealand probably won't win, because they rely too much on the other team underperforming, and that's not likely to happen enough times in a row for them to win the tournament.

Apart from that, I'm personally not willing to rule anyone out.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu 06 Jun 2013, 9:23 am

Proteas on the back foot already

No Smith or Kallis

Steyn has a side strain

De Villiers' dodgy back is playing up.

West Indies are my second choice, after the Proteas naturally.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 10 Jun 2013, 8:02 pm

6 fingered tractor boy wrote:My tip is Pakistan

Well that went swimmingly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:42 pm

Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Tue 11 Jun 2013, 4:06 am

Pakistan now out of the CT. With one win India will be through the semis. But both team will rely on with their strong batting lineup at Oval. Condition looks suitable for batting here at Oval. First one hour will be crucial here, but after that there is least for the bowlers.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:19 pm

jimbohammers wrote:Im backing India to win it, with Dinesh Karthik as top run scorer... at least that's what my betslip says  Erm  Fingers Crossed

India is now in the finals and I hope Ms to lift the cup. Though your prediction about highest run scorer shifted a bit, from Karthik to Dhawan.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:29 pm

yep, you can rest well. India can't lose, best in the world.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down