The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryan Grant called up to the Lions as cover for Melon

+21
thebluesmancometh
glamorganalun
IanBru
funnyExiledScot
LondonTiger
tigertattie
R!skysports
maestegmafia
sensisball
RDW
madmaccas
hugehandoff
bluestonevedder
valtrepkos
RubyGuby
Pat_Mustard
The Saint
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
GLove39
RuggerRadge2611
jimlewtheblue
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ryan Grant called up to the Lions as cover for Melon - Page 2 Empty Ryan Grant called up to the Lions as cover for Melon

Post by jimlewtheblue Fri 07 Jun 2013, 11:26 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22810884

jimlewtheblue

Back to top Go down

Ryan Grant called up to the Lions as cover for Melon - Page 2 Empty Re: Ryan Grant called up to the Lions as cover for Melon

Post by glamorganalun Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:01 pm

I still prefer the O's back row of:
6 King
7 J Tips
8 R Jones

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Ryan Grant called up to the Lions as cover for Melon - Page 2 Empty Re: Ryan Grant called up to the Lions as cover for Melon

Post by RubyGuby Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:08 pm

by flyhalffactory Today at 20:52
RubyGuby wrote:

Just for you scots lads I'm sipping on a bottle of 10 year old aberlour as we speak. If grant is as good as this stuff then we'll all be fine

That's a nice tipple Ruby, very nice

But if you want a prince of Aberlour try

Aberlour A'bunadh 12 Year old Silver Label.......... its about 60 percent proof, and doubt whether you won't get much change from 300 rats though!!

Consider it done but this stuff is smooth

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:30 pm

Quite right, if he gets some game time he will start the tests. though must commend Vunipola who has been very good so in in both tight and loose. Pleased to be proved wrong hope it continues

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:43 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Fly,

If he had been fit then I think he would have been on the plane not just sneaked on, theres no other 8 selected who is as destructive off the base as him.
He may not have the fitness levels or the all round game as that of Heaslip or Faletau but he is an out and out barnstorming old fashion No8

Why, can't be bothered to train properly gets injured doesn't get picked. So what? As many weaknesses as strengths. Wales only wanted him as a back up to TF anyway, Lions can manage perfectly well without him. Let him use the time to get into shape.

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:45 pm

glamorganalun wrote:I still prefer the O's back row of:
6 King
7 J Tips
8 R Jones

Good backrow there Alun

But if you want to see what a barely back from injury Barclay did to Tips in April 2013 when the Weegies ran in 5 tries. Tips is good but in my mind not as good as a top of his game Barclay (who is second only to Rennie when on top form) and that's not a blue tinted glasses seriously that's just my observations of open-sides over the last two seasons.

I don't know much about King apart from a few games but did watch Harley do a number on him in the same match........ I understand that was a one off match but apart from Ryan v Ben who I cannae split I think on top form Shingler/Barclay are better than King/Tips.

But there's deffo not much in it

flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:54 pm

dragonbreath wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:Fly,

If he had been fit then I think he would have been on the plane not just sneaked on, theres no other 8 selected who is as destructive off the base as him.
He may not have the fitness levels or the all round game as that of Heaslip or Faletau but he is an out and out barnstorming old fashion No8

Why, can't be bothered to train properly gets injured doesn't get picked. So what? As many weaknesses as strengths. Wales only wanted him as a back up to TF anyway, Lions can manage perfectly well without him. Let him use the time to get into shape.

Bedford Mate
This is the problem with this site and why Welsh posters generally get a bad press, here is one poster who had ransacked a decent thread of ours and haven't got a clue and such posts such inaccuracies in order to promote one of his favourites.

Morgan might not ever be the fittest but he can run a full 80 mins with ease, he has produced the goods for Glos and England and but for an injury would have been on the plane. To suggest he was a going to be a back-up to Faletau is just laugable.
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:28 pm

Now we only want Dan Biggar to replace that diddy Farrell and some sort of justice is done - although wtf Stevens is there is a mystery to everyone but Fruit Gums apparently ! Shocked
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2