The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Croatia 0 Scotland 1

4 posters

Go down

Croatia 0 Scotland 1 Empty Croatia 0 Scotland 1

Post by gaelgowfer Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:15 pm

Ok, so it's just half-time. Indulge me!!!

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Croatia 0 Scotland 1 Empty Re: Croatia 0 Scotland 1

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:31 pm

All that and Russell Knox making the Memphis cut . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:42 pm

Indeed kwini. He seems to be finding his first division feet at last. Just at the right time too with Merion on the not distant horizon.

Speaking of which, been a lot of hype surrounding the venue itself. Can't wait for it to get started. See Woods McIlroy and Scott have been put out together.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:48 pm

gael,
Keep an eye on my ballwasher threads as Shotrock will be marshalling on the first hole next week, and doubtless will share some insight!

Master Knox playing with Matt Bettencourt (who plays as if he has a bus to catch) and Max Homa, who is a top class collegiate golfer, surely just about to turn pro. Should be a comfortable group.

And see your girl Catriona is off to a nice start in Rochester . . . . I think she's your only representative, Janice Moodie seems to have disappeared.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:45 pm

Will do kwini.

Lucky Shotrock! Much more fun being inside the ropes.

Don't know what's happened to Janice. She's 40 now and perhaps a bit scunnered with it all. Although Catriona's older, she's proven to be the more consistent player and still making a decent living.

Wot about Laura though? Irrepressible ... that's wot she is!

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:55 pm

Laura is a star, and a true legend. Brilliant.

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 07 Jun 2013, 11:05 pm

I see she's now changed her mind and agreed to have her name put forward for inclusion on the World Golf HOF ballot.
Her election should be a no-brainer.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:03 am

Looks like a Ladies Play-Off for Catriona . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:47 am

Too bad . . . . . . Sad

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Mon 10 Jun 2013, 7:10 pm

Blimey kwini, I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw this morning that Catriona had made it into a play-off. Shocked I know she lost but it's still a remarkable achievement for someone who's the wrong side of 40. Absolutely blimmin fantastic! Yahoo

Whilst it's nowhere near what the men earn, I reckon $200k is still a tidy sum to put in the pension fund!

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 10 Jun 2013, 7:22 pm

gael,
She's a great golfer with an enduring swing and a great attitude to the whole thing.
In her own way, just as much of a marvel as Laura Davies, both worthy of wider recognition for what they've done for women's golf.
Great amateur record for Matthew and won her last five Solheim singles.
Shame she didn't play her best in the play-off, two great shots on the opener but a dodgy birdie putt; wonderful up-and-down after missing the fairway and pitching out on the second, then missed way right on the third and capitulated. Sad way to end.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Mon 10 Jun 2013, 9:16 pm

It's not until you look at her record that you realise just how impressive it is. She's just about done it all including bagging a good degree and giving birth to twa bairns in between!

Looking forward to seeing her at the Ricoh in St.Andrews! Be interesting to see what the lady pros think of the first phase changes to the Old Course ... particularly the 11th green.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 10 Jun 2013, 9:31 pm

I doubt most will notice much difference Gael, unless you are a regular player you'll scarcely clock any of the changes.
11 has a slightly flatter section on the top left hand side. Not a place the pin is likely to figure in a Major.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Tue 11 Jun 2013, 8:26 am

Fair enough point. Large number of players either won't have played it at all or just not often enough to be able to draw a comparison but they can still have an opinion on them.

Nevertheless, as I understand it, the R&A's sole reason for altering the llth green was to provide a new pin position for The Open. Have to admit, I'm sick and tired of seeing it tucked in behind the righthand bunker. Will bring the lefthand bunker into play and with a prevailing wind perhaps won't be the easy option some may believe it to be.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 11 Jun 2013, 8:40 am

gaelgowfer wrote:Fair enough point. Large number of players either won't have played it at all or just not often enough to be able to draw a comparison but they can still have an opinion on them.

Nevertheless, as I understand it, the R&A's sole reason for altering the llth green was to provide a new pin position for The Open. Have to admit, I'm sick and tired of seeing it tucked in behind the righthand bunker. Will bring the lefthand bunker into play and with a prevailing wind perhaps won't be the easy option some may believe it to be.

True, there was only 3 possible positions before, behind the bunker and about six inches from the back being the 2 most common positions for a pin. It's a good par three and they've added scope for a new position, but it wouldn't be a challenge for them the new bit, but as you allude to, you'd need to point out what it was like before for them to notice it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down