The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Super Fight or Fights.....

+2
TRUSSMAN66
mobilemaster8
6 posters

Go down

The Super Fight or Fights..... Empty The Super Fight or Fights.....

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:06 pm

Thoughts on this article guys??

Bit of an odd one but In some aspects makes sense.

Then again, in other aspects, its garbage.......

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/manny-pacquiao-vs-brandon-rios-better-floyd-mayweather-010900326.html

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

The Super Fight or Fights..... Empty Re: The Super Fight or Fights.....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:14 pm

Not sure how anybody can more eagerly await the Pacman fight over Floyd.......

1. We have the World's supreme fighter headlining against an unbeaten guy who could just be the real deal ....over a guy who's lost his last two fights one by knockout against another guy coming off a loss..

I like fights to mean something....

d4s real name is paul Magno is sems.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:16 pm

I know which one I am more excited about.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:18 pm

Stupid article

Pacquiao-Rios is better because both have been beaten? Err 

Pacquaio Rios is a mismatch, and if Rios survives more than 4 rounds then he will take so much punishment that he'll be forced to retire

Floyd's LMW fights are normally more entertaining than his welter fights and Canelo is a legitimate threat and has the power to power to stop Mayweather with a single shot

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:22 pm

Pacquiao vs Rios is the far better fight and with VADA testing, I have an inkling that Rios is a live 'dog in this one.

Mayweather fights are usually dull. I don't see that changing here regardless of the level of ballyhoo that will be thrown at it.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:23 pm

Stupid article

Pacquaio Rios is a mismatch, and if Rios survives more than 4 rounds then he will take so much punishment that he'll be forced to retire

Floyd's LMW fights are normally more entertaining than his welter fights and Canelo is a legitimate threat and has the power to power to stop Mayweather with a single shot

Is this the same Canelo who couldn't stop Matthew Hatton? Not sure when we've seen that Floyd is susceptible to being KO'd by a single punch or that Canelo has dynamite in each fist.

With comments like that, you'd be advised not to start you articles with the word "stupid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:32 pm

hazharrison wrote:Pacquiao vs Rios is the far better fight and with VADA testing, I have an inkling that Rios is a live 'dog in this one.

Mayweather fights are usually dull. I don't see that changing here regardless of the level of ballyhoo that will be thrown at it.

Two drunks in a bar would probably be better than both...But like I said I like my fights to mean something.....................

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:34 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Stupid article

Is this the same Canelo who couldn't stop Matthew Hatton? Not sure when we've seen that Floyd is susceptible to being KO'd by a single punch or that Canelo has dynamite in each fist.

With comments like that, you'd be advised not to start you articles with the word "stupid

Chavez couldn't stop Dwight pratchett..........Tyson- James Tillis....................Hearns - Alfonso hayman............Duran - Viruet twice!!

Maybe they couldn't dig either.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Pacquiao vs Rios is the far better fight and with VADA testing, I have an inkling that Rios is a live 'dog in this one.

Two drunks in a bar would probably be better than both...But like I said I like my fights to mean something.....................

Which it most certainly will. Mayweather vs Canelo is a far more significant fight. I'm also keen to see the best face the best -- I just don't give Alvarez a hope in this one (too robotoc for me). Think Floyd boxes his head off and rides out any rough moments to take a clear decision.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:37 pm

I wouldn't have given Chavez a prayer against an 85/86 Camacho..but in hindsight.

Mayweather is getting on...........Trout is younger..fresher...much bigger.........

Could be just the right time if he can make Floyd fight for three minutes every round...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:44 pm

I can half see what the author is getting at, I suppose. But I think the way he's worded his theory means it comes across as being a bit more fanciful than it need have done, hence the backlash.

If he'd have simply said that, from a general point of view, Rios-Pacquiao is likely to be a more action-packed and easily enjoyable fight for all levels of boxing fans (so the hardcore right down to the casual), then he'd have a much stronger point.

It's also fair enough for him to point out that the fight does carry a wee bit of uncertainly and mystique, as we're all at least a little unsure of where Pacquiao is right now and if he'll ever get back to anything like his old form.

I think the main gripe I'd have is that the author seems to be trying to indicate that Pacquiao-Rios is somehow a more significant fight than Mayweather-Alvarez, and carries more weight in terms of potentially changing the landscape of boxing. That, I agree, is a load of nonsense.

If Floyd wins his fight, it's one of those victories which actually adds a little something to the legacy. What does Pacquiao beating Rios prove? Not a great deal, for me. On the other hand, if Alvarez somehow beats Mayweather, he becomes the natural successor to Mayweather's 'face of PPV boxing' status and tells us that he must be something a little special. We've already seen enough disappointing moments from Ris to show that he's never going to be that, no matter how hard he might toil.

Mayweather losing would send shockwaves around the sporting world. Pacquiao losing would just confirm what most of us already believe - that his glory days are a fair way behind him now. Regardless of the result, Alvarez will still be there or thereabouts in a few years to come, I feel. Rios will likely be on th scrapheap.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down