The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

keswick beer festival

3 posters

Go down

keswick beer festival Empty keswick beer festival

Post by spencerclarke Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Morning all, 

Been meaning to write something all week but I have been struggling with recovery.

Last weekend I went to the keswick beer festival for the third year running. What a brilliant time we had yet again. We always try to get over early to do something in the way of exercise before the drinking begins. In the past we have walked up scarfell pike, skidaw and gone kayaking. 

This year we decided to go up helvellyn. We went from the thirlmere side rather than glenriding. Shorter distance but obviously steeper.  The first hour was painful. But the views from the top were stunning. Especially overlooking striding edge. Id definitely recommend that.

The festival doesnt start til the friday so we just went into town on the thursday night. There was already a buzz so as the many beers flowed we got chatting to plenty of locals and others that had come to town for the festival before ending up in the club - the loft. Always a bad idea in keswick but you are always drawn to it when drunk.

Friday morning a few of us took a spin round the lake in a mates boat. Not the best idea for my brother who was heavily hungover. :-)

That afternoon we went to the festival and had a brilliant time.  The beers were horrendous as always at that time of thing but hey blew your head off. The company of our group and the lasses in fancy dress as grannies was fantastic and the bands headlined superbly  by the moobs was amazing. Great cover bands. Again the loft came calling and so did the laughs.

The following day we went on the booze at 11 having just got in at four. This time however it was fancy dress. We were all animal based and heading to the fest from different parts of town so you can imagine the comments.

As the temps were in the early twenties I was baked in my animal onsie! But I have never laughed so much in all my life. I thought I was going to have a hernia. I got chatting to loads of people and just had a brilliant time. A few of us were down the front again on the evening for the bands.

Gutted its over for another year but I can recommend it to anyone. Planning next years costumes already.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

keswick beer festival Empty Re: keswick beer festival

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:59 pm

Sounds wonderful, Spencer. Love a good beer festival. Might have to consider that one in future..

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:29 pm

It really is Fists.  Such a lovely atmosphere. Everyone gets on with one another, the surroundings are stunning and the bands are always top notch.  I'll let you know when tickets go on sale............ after I've secured mine of course!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:56 am

Ha! Thanks mate.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:20 am

I'm having a beer festival all on my own at the moment.  The Keswick beer festival sounds great but the B'stard Monday Preparing For Tuesday And Watching A Bit Of Cricket Beer Festival isn't too shabby either.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:37 am

Fists, keswick tickets are on sale for next year mate. Got mine. Counting down already

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Brilliant, thanks mate. I'll take a look.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down