The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FA Cup final to be moved back to the end of the season

3 posters

Go down

FA Cup final to be moved back to the end of the season Empty FA Cup final to be moved back to the end of the season

Post by GSC Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:43 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22966747

Good move imo
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

FA Cup final to be moved back to the end of the season Empty Re: FA Cup final to be moved back to the end of the season

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Yeah very good move IMO. It needs to become like it used to become. Last season was good though as we saw one of the biggest upsets of all time Norwich 0-1 Luton and huge ones like Oldham 3-1 Liverpool

Still think it needs to be on the BBC though. 

ITV Sport is beyond crap.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

FA Cup final to be moved back to the end of the season Empty Re: FA Cup final to be moved back to the end of the season

Post by The Fourth Lion Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:20 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:Yeah very good move IMO. It needs to become like it used to become. Last season was good though as we saw one of the biggest upsets of all time Norwich 0-1 Luton and huge ones like Oldham 3-1 Liverpool

Still think it needs to be on the BBC though. 

ITV Sport is beyond crap.

An excellent idea. Give the FA Cup Final back the prominence it deserves.

Agree it should be on the BBC, if only for the sake of tradition. I don't see any good reason why it can't be on both channels, simultaneously, as it once was, for many years.

Also agree ITV Sport is rubbish but look on the bright side..... it could be on BT Sport, and that would be worse.

The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:46 am

It is on BT isn't it?

Back on the beeb next season though
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:24 pm

Final is on both BT and ITV.

Thank god BBC have it back next season. Apart from Sky BBC is the best.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:45 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Final is on both BT and ITV.

Thank god BBC have it back next season. Apart from Sky BBC is the best.

Sky has been very innovative and that is to be commended, but sometimes I'm not over enthused about the plethora of technical gadzookery that is zapped onto our screens. I'm capable of watching a game of football without needing lines superimposed across the freeze-framed screen to tell me if somebody's left leg was offside, or virtual images rotating around to try to "see what the linesman saw".

Actually.... I quite like not knowing, sometimes. It gives football a sense of doubt and uncertainty.... of human fallibility.... and that adds to the mystique of the game. F'rinstance, I'm actually glad that it has never been conclusively proven, one way or another, if Geoff Hurst's second goal in '66 did or didn't cross the line. The fact that it was given is good enough for me and the element of doubt stimulates my interest

But that's just me.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down