The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setanta Sports announce they will provide access to BT channel

+3
Gibson
LondonTiger
Jenifer McLadyboy
7 posters

Go down

Setanta Sports announce they will provide access to BT channel Empty Setanta Sports announce they will provide access to BT channel

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 13:53

No mention of any "European competition" though.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/bt-sport-is-coming/

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Setanta Sports announce they will provide access to BT channel Empty Re: Setanta Sports announce they will provide access to BT channel

Post by LondonTiger Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 18:26

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:No mention of any "European competition" though.

Perhaps because any BT deal for a "European competition" was from the 2014/15 season.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Setanta Sports announce they will provide access to BT channel Empty Re: Setanta Sports announce they will provide access to BT channel

Post by Gibson Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 20:16

Good scoop for Setanta.

Interesting to see BT hand out the TV sub-contracts already. Cochey or wot?

They will totally phook the future ex-Heino. If they are let.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 21:18

Wonder will virgin media get the BT Sports channels?

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 21:27

Setanta Sports is still a thing?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 21:36

It is Notch I don't think you can get it in Northern Ireland anymore though, I think it went bust up here or something like that

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 25 Jun 2013 - 6:44

Setanta UK went bust

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 25 Jun 2013 - 8:26

Gibson this is BT looking to distribute their coverage of the AP. Nout to do with Europe as they have no rights to that for next season. BT have offered a substantial contract to the AP and so will be looking to maximize their product's impact.

You could also argue that the ERC board are doing their best to ruin the HEC by initially refusing to negotiate on competition layout and then handing a deal to Sky that is substantially less than the BT element (coverage of only AP teams in Europe) on it's own. The ERC's failure to best represent the needs of all it's members will see it fall.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 25 Jun 2013 - 18:51

formerly known as Sam wrote:
You could also argue that the ERC board are doing their best to ruin the HEC by initially refusing to negotiate on competition layout and then handing a deal to Sky that is substantially less than the BT element (coverage of only AP teams in Europe) on it's own. The ERC's failure to best represent the needs of all it's members will see it fall.
You could also argue that the AP are doing their best to ruin the HC by threatening to leave the existing comp, signing a deal with BT for a comp that doesn't exist, and trying to make out that it was a good deal for anyone else besides them.

The truth is probably somewhere in between though. And this debate has been done to death between Hammer and fly over a bjillion threads that I have probably read less than a page of.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 25 Jun 2013 - 19:21

Not a bjillion, surely Very Happy

I suppose it all depends on what is meant by 'ruin' (or 'phook'). If you're very close minded I suppose 'change' could mean 'phook' Very Happy

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 25 Jun 2013 - 20:33

I suppose if you are the king of kardiff and you are married to a half decent burd, you would consider cheating on her with a minger an improvement too. Each to their own.......Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 25 Jun 2013 - 20:39

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:I suppose if you are the king of kardiff and you are married to a half decent burd, you would consider cheating on her with a minger an improvement too. Each to their own.......Smile
Would it get me out of being the king of kardiff?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 25 Jun 2013 - 20:52

HammerofThunor wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:I suppose if you are the king of kardiff and you are married to a half decent burd, you would consider cheating on her with a minger an improvement too. Each to their own.......Smile
Would it get me out of being the king of kardiff?

Did I say that? Sh1t sorry. I meant Prince of Wales....Laugh

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down