The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And So The Rumours Begin Again...Sting!

+8
Kay Fabe
Mr H
HitmanOwl
MetalMotty
Shot 21 LCFC
Mr Video Man
Dolphin Ziggler
TheCultOfPersonality
12 posters

Go down

And So The Rumours Begin Again...Sting! Empty And So The Rumours Begin Again...Sting!

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Tue 02 Jul 2013, 3:07 pm

As seen on last night's RAW, WWE included current TNA star Sting in their video packages looking back at former World Heavyweight Champions.

F4Wonline.com reports that Sting was included in those video packages for a reason.

Word is that Sting is once again interested in joining WWE. While he hasn't opened direct negotiations with the company, he has sent feelers to WWE about joining them. There is said to be a lot of confidence on WWE's side that Sting will be on their roster eventually.

This has happened for the last two - three years now, will this finally be the year Sting gives in and joins the WWE?

If so what do you want to see happen? Im sure most will say Taker - Sting?

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

And So The Rumours Begin Again...Sting! Empty Re: And So The Rumours Begin Again...Sting!

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 02 Jul 2013, 3:12 pm

Probably scared of his and la familia's influence.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

And So The Rumours Begin Again...Sting! Empty Re: And So The Rumours Begin Again...Sting!

Post by Mr Video Man Tue 02 Jul 2013, 3:13 pm

if it happened it would be sting vs taker at wrestlemania then a re-match a year later in a retirement match.

the wwe also showed a package involving Hogan but I really doubt that will happen since Hogan runs impact wrestling. its just a coincidence that they showed sting and Hogan on the screen it's just the internet geeks trying to create a story again.
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 02 Jul 2013, 3:17 pm

Sting needs to put John Cena over.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Tue 02 Jul 2013, 3:33 pm

i like to see it happen. i think with wwe's production sting could look really good and im sure would be happy to put over younger talent.

is this why no one taken me up on the wrestlemania 30 taker v sting bet?

maybe if he did go the ultimate question will be answered....

Why did sting paint hogans face?

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 02 Jul 2013, 4:37 pm

I've always banged on about taker v sting for 1 match at mania. I definitely see it happening because sting would be daft turning down one last pay day. The build and promo's would be amazing.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 02 Jul 2013, 4:47 pm

Wrestlemania XXX is arguably going to be the biggest PPV of all time. Everyone is going to want to be part of it. Expect to see rumours about Sting, Goldberg, Austin, Batista, Michaels and Angle over the next 9 months. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of them in New Orleans.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 03 Jul 2013, 12:57 am

Sting vs Taker? No thanks...no doubt id mark if Sting shows up but after the initial shock I'd be pretty meh

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 03 Jul 2013, 9:50 am

If Sting does have a match in the WWE i'd hope he'd get himself in decent shape for it. Hit the weights, tone up a bit and lose the t-shirt. To his credit he can still go relatively well in the ring but i'd have a horrible feeling that a match with Taker could go down the Lesnar v Goldberg route. Taker can still go but he's relied heavily on Michaels, HHH & Punk to make him look good. I'd have my doubts that Sting would be able to do get that level of performance out of Taker.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Wed 03 Jul 2013, 12:04 pm

No, thank you......I really hope he never turns up in WWE. Awful.

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed 03 Jul 2013, 12:50 pm

Sting is easily in the top 10 atg's,nobody should be-grudge him 1 match. Truly is an icon.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 03 Jul 2013, 1:19 pm

Sting is one of my favourite characters of all time, amazing gimmick amazing look. I just wonder if he regrets not joining the WWE sooner. Even 5 years ago he still could have offered something. Surely it should be every pro-wrestler's dream to perform on the biggest stage for the biggest company in the business. Sting may yet fulfil that dream but I wonder if he'll look back and wish he'd done it sooner.

Totally off topic but I predict right now that Kurt Angle will once again wrestle for the WWE.

And Hero, can you change my username back now please!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 03 Jul 2013, 1:32 pm

Done OK 

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 03 Jul 2013, 2:45 pm

Have I ever told you that you're my favourite Adam?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Wed 03 Jul 2013, 3:51 pm

Mr H wrote:Have I ever told you that you're my favourite Adam?

Crying or Very sad Sad 
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 4:19 pm

Mr H wrote:Have I ever told you that you're my favourite Adam?

broken 

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:06 pm

I really don't get the fuss about Sting, he used to be quite a good wrestler and he went through a charismatic purple patch about 2 years ago, but aside from that I find him decidedly average, there's 101 younger, hungrier, more talented wrestlers WWE could push instead of him...and TNA for that matter but that road has been troden well enough

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 05 Jul 2013, 3:37 pm

True Dr House...there are undoubtedly many younger and better wrestlers around, but I think what we're talking about here is character and presence.

There are loads of great young wrestlers around, but very few (even among the older guard) who have truly exceptional characters/gimmicks and presence, both in and out of the ring.

Both Sting and Undertaker are among the last of a dying breed IMO...wrestlers who also have/had unique and engaging personas, coupled with some neat props/theatrics to accompany their ring entrances. They may not have been the best wrestlers of their time, but they still have huge fan bases, even after all this time...probably because people love their characters over and above their wrestling abilities.

They hark back to a time when pro wrestling was as much about theatre and entertainment as it was about the in-ring action and the characters were larger than life (sometimes ludicrously so).

The majority of "modern" wrestlers put on great performances in the ring, but offer little beyond that (again IMO). That is, they are good to watch, but I don't find myself investing much emotion in them or really caring whether they win or lose.

That said, I agree that Undertaker and Sting really are past the point where they should still be performing in the ring (other than for nostalgic reasons). Maybe the creative teams in the respective franchises should be looking to build new larger than life characters and start bringing back the theatrics into wrestling?

Hardworking ordinary joes are worthy but not really that interesting.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down