The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumour regarding the Third Test Team!

+23
Luckless Pedestrian
Rugby Fan
Submachine
RuggerRadge2611
Glas a du
profitius
Notch
Taylorman
GavinDragon
Knackeredknees
Rory_Gallagher
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
doctor_grey
WELL-PAST-IT
Biltong
Hookisms and Hyperbole
SecretFly
alive555
RubyGuby
The Boss
asoreleftshoulder
flyhalffactory
winchester
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rumour regarding the Third Test Team! Empty Rumour regarding the Third Test Team!

Post by winchester Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:34 pm

There are reports going around now that the Monday after the second test BOD, Heaslip and Sexton went to the Lions management and said they needed to make changes to the gameplan for the third test! Speculation is that Gatland wasnt happy and dropped two of them as a result! Anyone think there is truth to it? Did Gatland maybe feel he couldnt trust them to follow his gameplan correctly and had them replaced with his more familiar faces?

winchester

Back to top Go down

Rumour regarding the Third Test Team! Empty Re: Rumour regarding the Third Test Team!

Post by flyhalffactory Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10dmK7O-KSY

Why do you whisper, green grass
Why tell the tress what ain't so
Whispering grass, the trees don't have to know, no, no

Why tell them all your secrets
Who kissed there long ago
Whispering grass, the trees don't need to know

Don't you tell it to the trees
She will tell the birds and bees
And everyone will know
Because you told the blabbering trees
Yes, you told them once before
It's no secret anymore

Why tell them all the old things
They're buried under the snow
Whispering grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Rumour regarding the Third Test Team! Empty Re: Rumour regarding the Third Test Team!

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:41 pm

If they did then I'm annoyed,they should have done the same thing with Kidney years ago so why only speak up when it's the Lions.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:43 pm

And we can't go on together on suspicious minds.
On suspicious minds.
And we can't build our dreams. On suspicious miiiinnnnddddsssss.

I want there to be some ulterior motive behind drico being dropped I just can't see it but. Although if these rumours a true it'll be fun for a while.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:53 pm

thumbsup I think only BOD went in to talk about the game plan, Sexton and Heaslip just apoligised for their shoite performances

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:54 pm

Gatland must have had an awful queue out the door in that case!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Others know its best to keep quiet Boss

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:57 pm

Have you ever heard of a quiet Irishman?

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:19 pm

I'd say there is a strong possibility of that being true.

Gatland is a bit of a naughty naughty boy.

His squad selection policy was wrong in the first place and he's backed that up with a whole series of blunders

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:21 pm

Cuthbert must have some Irish blood too.

If that's true the fallout after the tour will be unbelievable.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:31 pm

RubyGuby wrote:thumbsup I think only BOD went in to talk about the game plan, Sexton and Heaslip just apoligised for their shoite performances

North and Halfpenny waiting in the hallway for their turn to say sorry. They said it nicely..in Welsh...and were stamped to play the final.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Cuthbert must have been influenced by drico et al.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:35 pm

If it's a cheeky rumour...it's fun, and I like it.  If it's the truth, I've already alluded to what I felt might have been words spoken in the aftermath of the game.

If it's the truth - it's also fun.  Good men, BOD, Heaslip and Sexton.  Fall on your swords for the team.  The Welsh will be erecting statues to you when they win using the tactics proposed by BOD and the boys.  A proud night *sniffles*
Sexton falls on his sword after the loss...that was the deal with Gats

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:36 pm

Balls. It takes f'in balls!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:42 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:If they did then I'm annoyed,they should have done the same thing with Kidney years ago so why only speak up when it's the Lions.

Do we know they didn't? Seems to have been a total breakdown of relationship there towards the end to with players doing only enough to prove they could still play...in sections.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:47 pm

SecretFly wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:If they did then I'm annoyed,they should have done the same thing with Kidney years ago so why only speak up when it's the Lions.

Do we know they didn't?  Seems to have been a total breakdown of relationship there towards the end to with players doing only enough to prove they could still play...in sections.

What did BOD do after the third New Zealand test and what happened in it's aftermath? This is another stolen entry from the Kidney playbook by Gatland. I doubt this story has much merit, but BOD was clearly unhappy with the setup when interviewed after the match on Saturday and he has form. That people even countenance this being true says alot about the reputation of Gatland after this series, win or lose. If this is true I would suspect a few months down the line someone will speak out. I just don't see that it happened.

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:47 pm

The thing about rumours are anyone can start one. They are often not based on fact.

It is however a good this. I can just imagine O'Driscoll, Sexton and Heaslip walking into Gats' office and saying " eh boss, we cannae beat the Aussies without a wee bit o' dazzle"

And Gats retorting " ya ain't playing mate, there ain't no dazzle left"
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:49 pm

If it's true, his days as an international head coach are well and truly over. He will struggle to coach schoolboys then.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:50 pm

Biltong wrote:The thing about rumours are anyone can start one. They are often not based on fact.

It is however a good this. I can just imagine O'Driscoll, Sexton and Heaslip walking into Gats' office and saying " eh boss, we cannae beat the Aussies without a wee bit o' dazzle"

Why did guys with posh Dublin accents start speaking like they are Scottish?

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:52 pm

Hookisms and Hyperbole wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Do we know they didn't?  Seems to have been a total breakdown of relationship there towards the end to with players doing only enough to prove they could still play...in sections.

What did BOD do after the third New Zealand test and what happened in it's aftermath?  This is another stolen entry from the Kidney playbook by Gatland.  I doubt this story has much merit, but BOD was clearly unhappy with the setup when interviewed after the match on Saturday and he has form.  That people even countenance this being true says alot about the reputation of Gatland after this series, win or lose.  If this is true I would suspect a few months down the line someone will speak out.  I just don't see that it happened.  

I had a feeling growing that something did happen. Perhpas not as dramatic as a march in. But something spoiled the party. If you drop him for team reasons you still keep him on the bench... unless it's a lesson being taught. I feel it was a sting call by Gatland and his mood in interview strengthened that feeling as he seemed to actually enjoy pointing out that nobody has ever dropped O'Driscoll in 15 years. It had a gloating aspect which is beginning to make more and more sense.

I just think something happened...even before I heard this rumour.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:58 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Biltong wrote:The thing about rumours are anyone can start one. They are often not based on fact.

haha, I don't know how to do any Celtic accent other than that way.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Begorrah begorrah sure island it a grand day to be sure to be sure. There ya go biltong Wink

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:01 pm

Biltong wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:

Lol yeah figured as much,I doubt I'd do much better when it came to accents from different regions of S.A.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:02 pm

I sometimes hear Irish jokes and the way they attempt to pronounce it over here is something like this.

Aye mate the Oirish oyes are smilin', when Paddy goes dancing aroind
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:04 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Biltong wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:

Lol yeah figured as much,I doubt I'd do much better when it came to accents from different regions of S.A.
well the common perception (when watching American movies) is that we speak like this.

I will fro you whiff dis ball over de wall. Dis is your last warning.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:04 pm

Down to a tee mate. Although you have to pronounce everything a bit harsher for us Ulstermen.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:09 pm

The Boss wrote:Have you ever heard of a quiet Irishman?

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo 

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:10 pm

I'm allowed to say it Ruby! Wink

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:13 pm

Look, there is only one foolproof way of getting the Irish accent perfect. Yes, work on the softness around the fringes of words (South) - hardness around them (North)
and introduce a lot of foul language...but importantly, in a very nice way. Wink

We don't just use bad language to insult, we use it for everything. It's a term of anger, hate, sadness, happiness, love, affection.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:15 pm

Well how the f@@@ are ya today, secret, ya feicer ya?

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Shut the f**K up, ya hoor ya. How's it f**kin' going, lad?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:18 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Biltong wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:

Posh Dublin accents...........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=floWjCwW34U

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Ack away to f@&£ with that ya roide ya! Sure I'm f@@@ing flying here. These English heures over here don't understand us ride bags at all. F@&£Ing langers.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:22 pm

https://youtu.be/CmpJhvHh9zo example of how fly and the lads have their softer accents there.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:22 pm

I've just remembered. Biltong gets confused when we drift off topic!!!

It's taken us about 19 posts this time to loose the jist of the initial topic completely. Sorry, Biltong...that's us Irish f**kin' for ya, wafflin' godshytes mostly Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Ah f@&£Ing South Africans!

Sorry bilt!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:26 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:

Perhaps it should be added to the curriculum, shoulder?! Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:27 pm

The Boss wrote:https://youtu.be/CmpJhvHh9zo example of how fly and the lads have their softer accents there.

That's some of us.... this is another set of us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3yIMVWaao4

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:29 pm

https://youtu.be/SvYciqwyKzY

Could be worse mate.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:31 pm

Biltong wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:

Love this. Laugh 

Biltong - great to see you back man, you were well missed! I had nobody to discuss the SA games with either!

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Not trying to be a sane voice in the wilderness, but this sounds very much like what happened in the English camp in 2007. But then player power won

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:33 pm

welcome back Bil! hope you had a good break!Ale 

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Cheers guys.

What is the name of that famous Irish comedian who sweats so much on stage, he made a few movies as well?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:37 pm

Irish? F@&£Ing Irish? Sorry I'm done.

That's Lee Evans bilt. He's English.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Lee Evans, he doesn't sound very english to me though.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Did I say lee Evans? Meant to say John Smith!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Wasnt he the 400 meter record holder for an eternity...oops...wrong one.
My advice to Gats...if players who are not performing come into your room to suggest a change in the gameplan...drop em.
Me coach, you play...and so far, only one of us is doing our jobs properly.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:51 pm

There's always going to be rumours when something like this happens, especially given BODs thinly veiled disapproval of the gameplan for the 2nd test in subsequent interviews.

It's not impossible but we also have no way of knowing if there's any truth to it nor will we ever so... not much to discuss really.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Biltong wrote:I sometimes hear Irish jokes and the way they attempt to pronounce it over here is something like this.

Aye mate the Oirish oyes  are smilin', when Paddy goes dancing aroind

Thats a Dublin accent I'd say. In Munster its more like 'Airish ayes'. The travellers would say it like 'erishEsErSmin'! Very Happy 
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:02 pm

Notch wrote:There's always going to be rumours when something like this happens, especially given BODs thinly veiled disapproval of the gameplan for the 2nd test in subsequent interviews.

It's not impossible but we also have no way of knowing if there's any truth to it nor will we ever so... not much to discuss really.

Autobiographies? Surely BOD will have a big one in a few years time. All the stuff about cool off Irish meetings in hotels and other bits and pieces..... We can only hope Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next