The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murray's Roman Campaign ...

4 posters

Go down

Murray's Roman Campaign ... Empty Murray's Roman Campaign ...

Post by Wooffie Tue 10 May 2011, 1:22 pm

How about a new topic as the Rome Masters is now seriously underway and as Britain’s No. 1 takes to the courts today against Xavier Malisse, he’s been talking about the new courts, how he’s been practising, and his coaching situation. Here’s a snippet from the link

“I have been practising off-site these last couple of days and here on the two new courts – and yes, they’re fine,” the Scotsman said. “Here when it’s warm, the courts are pretty quick but I’ve also played in the evening and then they are pretty slow. Actually I do like clay courts when they are slow and pretty heavy, surprisingly. Courts when they are dry and pretty slippery, it's difficult to move.”

“I feel that last weekend I did pretty well considering the conditions and the build-up to the tournament,” said Murray of his performance in Madrid, where he lost in the third round to surprise eventual semi-finalist Tomaz Bellucci. “I didn’t even know on Saturday evening that I was going to be playing and then I started getting better, feeling better every day and I’ve been practising well,” he continued, in reference to the elbow injury which hampered him in his epic semi-final tussle with Rafael Nadal in Monte Carlo and which forced him to withdraw from Barcelona.

So how do people think Andy may fair following his loss last week to Thomaz Bellucci who turned out to be the major playing surprise of the tournament? Is it taking each match as it comes, or could he match or better his performance in Monte Carlo??
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Murray's Roman Campaign ... Empty Re: Murray's Roman Campaign ...

Post by Guest Tue 10 May 2011, 2:45 pm

“I didn’t even know on Saturday evening that I was going to be playing and then I started getting better, feeling better every day and I’ve been practising well,”

It's quotes like this that make me wonder whether Andy has any interest in physiology and makes me doubt his analytical abilities. He seems to rely too much on self-perception. Of course I am probably wrong as he is the worlds fourth best tennis player.

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 10 May 2011, 4:52 pm

I'd like for Murray and Djoko to get to the semis, because I actually think if they played each other Andy would raise his level and really push Novak. The revenge factor and the fact that Andy seems to play better against the big guns. But honestly, I would be surprised if Andy gets to the semis, he just has never performed well in Rome. And it is still shocking to me that he can't find a real coach.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Tue 10 May 2011, 5:21 pm

Don't know about making it through to meet Novak (assuming he also makes it to the latter stages!) but any win is a bonus for us Murray fans.

As long as he doesn't get his head down when things aren't going his way he can advance, however having watched Malisses last match he will be no pushover Shocked

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Tue 10 May 2011, 6:49 pm

He'll beat Malisse, no problem. Then he'll get biatched by a wildcard.

Stealth Maestro Agro Love

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Tue 10 May 2011, 8:03 pm

Not many wildcards get through to the third round!

See Blake is now playing Challengers SMAL - How sad is that!

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Tue 10 May 2011, 10:44 pm

sportslover wrote:Not many wildcards get through to the third round!

See Blake is now playing Challengers SMAL - How sad is that!
Ooooohhhhhh...... low blow. Murray's Roman Campaign ... 3497602689

Of course, I already posted a thread about it; it's been a far more interesting ride than I initially thought it would be. Very Happy

These tournaments have been the source of many a great James Blake revival, and they are great to watch if you want to see the youngsters who'll likely shape the future of the game - heck, even Murray's played a few.

And speaking of low blows, Blake's Sarasota challenger trophy this year is better than winning nothing, surely? Murray's Roman Campaign ... 589312 Murray's Roman Campaign ... 3497602689

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Tue 10 May 2011, 11:14 pm

And speaking of low blows, Blake's Sarasota challenger trophy this year is better than winning nothing, surely?

Yes it will be able to keep his nine career 250 trophies company.

However the season is only half way through so early days for silverware for Murray Whistle

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Wed 11 May 2011, 8:24 pm

Murray's Roman Campaign ... 3497602689 I can't believe I managed to managed to force a fan of a player with a far better trophy record than my own favourite into the 'Yeah, well, he might win something in the future!' argument! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down