The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ward V AA. Will the Equaliser tumble the head banger

+2
88Chris05
Seanusarrilius
6 posters

Go down

Ward V AA. Will the Equaliser tumble the head banger Empty Ward V AA. Will the Equaliser tumble the head banger

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 10 May 2011 - 14:44

Ok so i know its only Tuesday but i felt it time to talk about this.The super six has stalled in recent months, for various reasons. But its semi final time and finally we have a fight coming up. All the smart money will be on ward winnign another lopsided UD in California whilst spending most of his considerable talent leaning head first after catches AA with single shots. This is the smart money, Wardt eh bull, AA the limping bull fighter being thrown back, bullied and beaten. I see this fight turning ugly if Ward gets into KEssler type tactics v AA. AA is probably stil at his lowest eb following Froch and a terrible comeback fight non event where he got the W and nothing else.

I see AA coming out slow as per usual and Ward racking them up early, Ward may be more aggressive in this fight with his hands tho as AA can be a static taerget and Ward should be able to offload without getiting in close, this may produce a opportunity for aA to land the equaliser, IF he throws it.

Ward ahs to be the fav, all the advantages are with him in talent, home advantage and the fact his confidence is sky high, but sod it, i know is suppposed to be UD Ward, but i am going for AA. Come on AA, land something big in the 10th and finish the job you started on Dirrel

Unlikely yes, but i am going with my heart. Reality says Ward UD

Viva Armenia!

What you fellows think and why

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Ward V AA. Will the Equaliser tumble the head banger Empty Re: Ward V AA. Will the Equaliser tumble the head banger

Post by Guest Tue 10 May 2011 - 14:55

One can only hope AA follows Froch's example and knuckles down to some hard work and basically re-invent himself!

Froch redeemed himself against AA and one would hope Arthur can do the same against Ward. If not, then he's going to be another Kelly Pavlik.

Back to top Go down

Ward V AA. Will the Equaliser tumble the head banger Empty Re: Ward V AA. Will the Equaliser tumble the head banger

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 10 May 2011 - 14:58

Don't care for Ward at all, nor his style which completely lacks anything even approaching charm. The problem is, so does Abraham's.

I was alarmed at how poor Abraham looked against Froch; his work rate, which had always impressed me at Middleweight, was nowhere to be seen and once the frustration crept in to his work, he seemed to totally lose heart. And if there's one thing that fighting Ward over in the States is going to be, it's frustrating.

I think with the height and hand speed disadvantages he's facing, Abraham is going to have to go hell for leather and hope he can get inside and rough Ward up early on, setting him up for the kill with those heavy right hands he used to use so well. Ward doesn't start all that quickly, so that's his only hope for me. If he tries to beat Ward on the outside he'll lost by a seriously wide decision, and on the basis of the Froch fight, if it goes past the mid rounds Abraham isn't going to be able to inspire himself to a turn around.

I think Ward takes this by a fairly comfortable decision, to be honest.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Tue 10 May 2011 - 15:04

Is Ward fighting in his back garden again? If so, how does he have so much control over the super six?

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 10 May 2011 - 15:52

DAVE667 wrote:One can only hope AA follows Froch's example and knuckles down to some hard work and basically re-invent himself!

Froch redeemed himself against AA and one would hope Arthur can do the same against Ward. If not, then he's going to be another Kelly Pavlik.

Totally agree, I would pay a lot to see Abraham KO Ward (nothing to like IMO i.e. dirty, horrible to watch and gets unfairly protected in terms of constant home fights and often home judges and refs) but think Abraham may have peaked at the Taylor fight.

I can see Abraham always struggling against those with a good boxing pedigree and with Ward being a Olympic Gold medallist he surely has that.

He didn't have a clue what to do against Froch and Ward has good boxing skills when he doesn't want to use his head and elbows and think he will box/brawl/butt his way to a decision win.

Abraham needs to vastly change and adapt his style for this fight. His saving grace is I think he would be happy to play rough if Ward does but can see the ref protecting Ward, whilst allowing him wherever possible to foul Abraham.

I sincerely hope I am wrong though, I think he comes across as a good, down to earth guy.

The more it goes on the Super 6 appears like it was purpose made to turn Ward into a star.

Ps - If Abraham going into the 12th is far behind on the cards he might as well foul Ward badly and get DQ'd, it will be a loss either way but he would gain the love and support of the majority of boxing fans by doing the double over Dirrell and Ward LOL!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 10 May 2011 - 16:20

The more it goes on the Super 6 appears like it was purpose made to turn Ward into a star.

I can see Froch getting well and truly robbed in the final. Like a proper Lewis v Holyfield I kinda scenario.

I hope AA takes Ward's head off, but sadly unless he has one hard noggin that aint going to happen. Might email compubox so they can come up with a new column for headbutts landed

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 10 May 2011 - 16:23

While I respect the opinions of Seanusarrilius, Coxy and Valero's Conscience, I disagree with their thoughts entirely on this fight.
Personally, I would be pretty disappointed if Abraham KO's Ward and would much rather this fight goes according to script with Ward winning comfortably.

This is simply because, assuming Froch does the business against Johnson, a final between Froch and Abraham would be a dull and unappealing match-up, seeing how one-sided the first fight was.

On the other hand, Froch Vs Ward would be a fitting end to the Super Six. Two quality fighters, possibly the best in the division, squaring off against one another in mouth-watering fight that is bound to be competitive.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 10 May 2011 - 16:29

Hard to disagree with you Benson on that, i appreciate a final lineup with froch and Ward would be the ideal for the tourney and showtime for that matter. But i just dont like the way Ward has gone about earnign his slot. Plus i would rather fought AA again in a fair match up than got headbutted around the ring in California and screwed out of the contest by a ugly fighter and hometown judges, these are serious risks and unless Froch could flatten Ward which at this level i think he may struggle he is going to be right up against it

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Tue 10 May 2011 - 16:35

If the final is in California it will be one of the biggest stitch ups of all time. What has Ward got on these people?

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 10 May 2011 - 17:12

joeyjojo618 wrote:If the final is in California it will be one of the biggest stitch ups of all time. What has Ward got on these people?

I think it will happen though. Showtime obviously want a new American star and I guess at the time of the inception of the Super 6, there were no new young American stars, which from my own review, America hasn't suffered from in a while if ever so Ward gave that hope, especially being a Gold medallist from the Olympics so a bit of history as well.

Most boxers from time to time get helped here and there with decisions, venues, home crowd etc but when you get consistent help in all departments it just winds me up and fuels the critics who say boxing is corrupt.

The Abraham fight will be Ward's 8th consecutive fight in California. I know he's not the only one but frustrating.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down