The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury Hatred

+15
Diggers
hogey
Nico the gman
Steffan
hampo17
seanmichaels
Union Cane
JabMachineMK2
J.Benson II
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Qoxiivi
azania
mobilemaster8
rob-glos
winchester
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tyson Fury Hatred Empty Tyson Fury Hatred

Post by winchester Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:46 am

There is alot of prejudice against Tyson Fury on account of him coming from an Irish Traveller background. There are alot of people who give him no respect. Ive seen people on here call him a pikey and say they want him to lose because he is a stain on society and that his lifestyle choice means he deserves to be ostracised. How is this right? Tyson Fury is an undefeated successful professional boxer that works hard and has made a success of himself. His sport is very tough and dangerous and Fury has shown he has alot of heart and is not afraid of the dangers. People act like he sits around in a caravan robbing stuff and avoiding taxes when I bet his career means he pays more in taxes than most people on here. Tyson Fury deserves respect and not to be treated like he is a criminal or a sponger of society.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury Hatred Empty Re: Tyson Fury Hatred

Post by rob-glos Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:49 am

Rolling Eyes 

Thread deleted in 3... 2... 1...

I personally don't like Fury as he's a tool... nothing to do with what you've written about.
Same thing with James DeGale... decent boxer, public persona is appalling.... DeGale is worse because everyone bangs on about how nice a bloke he is in private and things he does for charity etc...

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:54 am

Dear dear Winchester. Get off the high horse pal. People have preferences. Simple as that. You either like people or you don't. If anything its just prejudice which is rife in society.

i personally dont like him mate. I think he is a garbage boxer with little skill. Poor chin and looked very poor against P4P champ McDermott and HOF fighter Cunningham.

his mouth spouts absolute crap on twitter all day and he is actually more abusive with it in comparison to being called a Gypsy or Pikey.

he is what he is at the end of the day, even he will admit that.

i never liked naseem named, but hey ho.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:57 am

These guys say and do what they do to get a reaction so people will pay to see them win or lose. All good as long as you pay. The more they are talked about, the more money they get.

Listen to the Fury podcast. He is a great guy. But in public he seeks attention to sell his fights. It works. He's now going to get £5m and £4.9 of that is because of his mouth and antics. I'll add that this is the first time in a long while that I've seen boxing in the Metro.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:01 am

The primary thing I have ‘against’ him is the fact that he thinks he’s far far better than he actually is. He’s not terrible terrible, but if he was, say, Haye’s size, he’d amount to nothing. He’s sloppy, easy to hit, ungainly...

I know a lot of boxers are incredibly arrogant, but there are some out there who, whilst having confidence in their abilities, are still able to talk sense in a ‘I think I need three or more fights until I’m at that kind of level…’ kind of way. Fury comes across like he thought he was ready to take out the Kiltschkos from day dot. And he couldn't. Capability wise, he's only marginally above, say, a Tye Fields.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:01 am

I have found a new level of respect for Fury.

His interview on the podcast was one of the best interviews I have heard from any boxer in a long time.

Open and honest about the whole build up, his weaknesses, his respect for Price, Haye etc. Even Froch got some Fury love.

Fury is a master at tricking us into believing he is serious when on Twitter and as its came from the horses mouth that he is on the wind up I now hope he smashes Haye to pieces!!!

But I am also a realist and see Haye winning by KO, but will be cheering Fury on all the way!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:04 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I have found a new level of respect for Fury.

His interview on the podcast was one of the best interviews I have heard from any boxer in a long time.

Open and honest about the whole build up, his weaknesses, his respect for Price, Haye etc. Even Froch got some Fury love.

Fury is a master at tricking us into believing he is serious when on Twitter and as its came from the horses mouth that he is on the wind up I now hope he smashes Haye to pieces!!!

But I am also a realist and see Haye winning by KO, but will be cheering Fury on all the way!

kiss Hug 

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:13 am

I actually like Fury as a person. He seems affable enough and I don't think takes himself too seriously. He'd probably be a real laugh as well if you met him in person.
I even think he's a slighty better boxer than some give him credit for. For instance, when a fight against Price was being touted a few months ago (pre-TT), I was one of the few that acutally gave Fury a decent shot at winning.
Having said all that, he's not going to have any lasting legacy as a boxer simply because he just isnt good enough to secure one. He already should have a loss on his record (getting outboxed by Big Mac is pretty damn bad) and although has at times put on a decent performance, you just get the impression that he's an accident waiting to happen.
Overall though, I'm a fan. Cool

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:14 am

Its because he's a poor boxer. Nothing special. Talks like he's the greatest of all time. Disrespectful.

Came across as a nice, likable, honest and humble guy on the podcast - but even still he's not very good. I won;t start thinking he's a better boxer because he's nice. Julius Francis was one of the nicest guys I've ever met and he was pathetic in the ring.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:16 am

Getting outboxed by Fat Mac was in his 7th fight and he was no slim Jim either. He set the record straight immediately.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:16 am

He's not very good yet he has beaten a handful of world title challangers and one ex-world champion at the weight below him.

His style may be untidy but he still finds a way to win each time. He deserves credit.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:16 am

Pretty disrespectful yourself there, JM.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:17 am

I think Fury approaches / dips his toes over the line in terms of what the PC brigade would call acceptable. I think it would be a more balanced article if Cirencester addressed some of the misogynistic and homophobic tweets from the big man.

Last edited by seanmichaels on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:17 am

Julius Francis beat Danny Williams, who beat Tyson, who beat Holmes who beat Ali. Julius is a GOAT:yahoo: 

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:18 am

It's funny. I don't think that many on here dislike Fury. I personally don't, having interviewed him for the podcast he is a really nice guy.

What I can't get my head around is certain posters saying he is a world beater and that he'd definately beat the two best heavyweights around at the moment.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:19 am

hampo171 wrote:It's funny. I don't think that many on here dislike Fury. I personally don't, having interviewed him for the podcast he is a really nice guy.

What I can't get my head around is certain posters saying he is a world beater and that he'd definately beat the two best heavyweights around at the moment.

One poster.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:20 am

azania wrote:
hampo171 wrote:It's funny. I don't think that many on here dislike Fury. I personally don't, having interviewed him for the podcast he is a really nice guy.

One poster.

Wasn't just referring to posters on here buddy, if you go on twitter it's a constent stream of butt lickers.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:21 am

Ironically said poster is also the writer of this pro-fury article.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:23 am

Ah I see. Not a twitterer (is that a word/term?).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:24 am

I don't even understand the concept of twitter and its impossible to use!

twitterer or twitterwums. Either or.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:36 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:He's not very good yet he has beaten a handful of world title challangers and one ex-world champion at the weight below him.

His style may be untidy but he still finds a way to win each time. He deserves credit.

Headscratch 

Thats a tune change and a half. Don't become "like them" Reborn, I usually enjoy your posts Hug 

And Union - If I'm being disrespectful by saying that Fury has no right mentioning himself in the same breath as Ali, Lewis, Holmes, Frazier etc then I guess I am, yes.

He's not very good. Remember respect is not given it is earned, he's done nothing to earn my respect yet - yet pretty sure Ali did enough in his career along with all the other heavyweights he rubbished live on SSN to command respect from Fury.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:38 am

What has a boxer got to do to earn your respect then? For me all pro boxers have my respect. Although I boxed in my younger days, they are doing something I do not have the balls to do and neither do 99% of the population.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:41 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:And Union - If I'm being disrespectful by saying that Fury has no right mentioning himself in the same breath as Ali, Lewis, Holmes, Frazier etc then I guess I am, yes.

He's not very good. Remember respect is not given it is earned, he's done nothing to earn my respect yet - yet pretty sure Ali did enough in his career along with all the other heavyweights he rubbished live on SSN to command respect from Fury.

I was actually referring to your branding of Julius Francis as "pathetic".

Anyway, Fury has just twittered that he is terribly upset not to have the respect of JabMachineMK2.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:47 am

Heres what he said:

Tyson Fury ‏@Tyson_Fury 2m
I'm rather upset with the comments made about me by JabMachineMK2. First met him at a sparring session with Kell Brook a few years back and he seemed like a top bloke #Disappointed
Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:54 am

Laugh very well done Steffan.

I even told Julius the same (collared him on the train back from Birmingham) and we laughed about it - his haircut stealing episode etc. Seemed genuinely shocked and pleased to be recognised.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:55 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:He's not very good yet he has beaten a handful of world title challangers and one ex-world champion at the weight below him.

Headscratch 

Thats a tune change and a half. Don't become "like them" Reborn, I usually enjoy your posts Hug 

And Union - If I'm being disrespectful by saying that Fury has no right mentioning himself in the same breath as Ali, Lewis, Holmes, Frazier etc then I guess I am, yes.

I must be getting old mate. I just think there is a slight point to what w@nkchester is saying in people seem to love to have a go at him. He does do my nut in sometimes but he does have some talent or he wouldnt be in the position hes in now. If we are going to view his fight against Cunningham as a way of determining how he will do against Haye then why not use the Johnson fight aswell where he was very composed and stuck to his gameplan and won almost every round.

Im not a Fury fan but if you had a gun to my head and asked me to become a fan of either Haye or Fury I wouldnt have to think twice about it. Haye is a sellout and doesnt give a fiddlers about boxing fans. Just a tacky salesman with a decent punch.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:01 am

To be honest judging by the comments on this forum it looks like most people have finally seen through David Haye and realise him for the wannabe celeb making easy bucks off fighting European level opponents that he is. Now he doesnt even do that with being inactive for the last year. Looking at the poll though it seems that most people still want him to win which kinda baffles me being as we all know he will do nothing after this fight if he wins apart from tell everyone how Vitali is ducking him then try and do a movie or celeb show

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:01 am

I voted I'd like them both to lose.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:02 am

Next is to get Dee appreciating to start appreciating Khan

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:35 am

Don't hate Fury, I just see anything that's good about about him, poor defence,no great skill of note and decked by 2 fighters who aren't known as big punchers which suggests not a great chin,whats all the fuss about.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:35 am

Give it your best shot Az!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:38 am

His entertaining fights do that.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:39 pm

Poor fighter and a prize tool, i hope Haye leaves him on the deck sleeping like the baby at least that way he wont try and sing again. I could not care less for the fact he is a Tinker and lives in a trailer. The only thing i admire about him and his Uncle is the fact that they have managed to get so far on so little talent by some of the most clever incredibly low risk but high hype matchmaking.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:13 pm

Fence sitting again hogey?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:38 pm

Not now, not ever Az Smile 

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:21 pm

hogey wrote:Poor fighter and a prize tool, i hope Haye leaves him on the deck sleeping like the baby at least that way he wont try and sing again. I could not care less for the fact he is a Tinker and lives in a trailer. The only thing i admire about him and his Uncle is the fact that they have managed to get so far on so little talent by some of the most clever incredibly low risk but high hype matchmaking.    

Clever match making, that really sets him aside from all other UK prospects who search out the toughest fights they can. Except Fury had just taken on about the toughest fight that he could...but now its just about money even though its a fight fans want and is actually a fight between two guys ranked by all the bodies.
Just no pleasing some people.

Last edited by Diggers on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:36 pm

hogey wrote:Poor fighter and a prize tool, i hope Haye leaves him on the deck sleeping like the baby at least that way he wont try and sing again. I could not care less for the fact he is a Tinker and lives in a trailer. The only thing i admire about him and his Uncle is the fact that they have managed to get so far on so little talent by some of the most clever incredibly low risk but high hype matchmaking.    

Didnt you say that anyone who thought Fury would face Haye needed their head tested? And that Fury wouldnt take on any dangerous fights? This is a great fight and a very dangerous one for Fury to take. He deserves respect.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:39 pm

He does not deserve respect Winchester purely because he has not earned any either through abusing the world via twitter or setting the boxing world alight with his epic skillset.

fury knows he can make £5 million off Haye. He will get sorely knocked out and then will continue fighting cab drivers or doughnut munchers in Rogan and McDermott.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:54 pm

But he will do better than price:D Run 

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Hahaha fair point AZ

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:59 pm

He deserves respect for getting back up and winning fights. Look at the stick Fraudly gets for having all the talent but no heart, Fury maybe has less talent (though a lot more than some people on here credit him for) but he has a fighters instincts without a shadow of a doubt.
He also took a fight he was a big undrdog in against Chisors, he deserves props for that as well.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:11 pm

Hahaha the fat chisora who couldn't get out of bed for him?? Yeh big respect. Be interesting to see how Fury copes against an in shape chisora and mentally on task chisora. He nearly had him outta there in the 2nd round!!!! He is taking Haye for the money.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:38 pm

I do hate him. he's a wind up merchant with no talent to back it up, I don't care if it's tongue in cheek , or done to put bums on seats. he's an embarrassment, and as for his fights being entertaining, well if that's the sort of boxing you enjoy watching, try YouTube for videos of drunk tramps brawling in the street, it will be right up your street. Please Haye, retire this Tinkywinky.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:48 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Hahaha the fat chisora who couldn't get out of bed for him?? Yeh big respect. Be interesting to see how Fury copes against an in shape chisora and mentally on task chisora. He nearly had him outta there in the 2nd round!!!! He is taking Haye for the money.

Boxer in wanting money for big fight the public want to see shock !! Whatever next eh.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:58 am

In fairness to Fury, taking the Del Boy fight was very credible and worthy of respect. Del was a highly ranked domestic fighter and it was seen as a 50:50 genuine challenge up until the weigh in. Not Fury's fault that Del decided he couldn't be arrised and turned up looking like a blimp.

If the Chisora that turned up v Helenius or VK had turned up that night I have no doubt he would've won. However he didn't and even if he did for a rematch tomorrow I'd probably be backing today's Fury.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:14 am

I don't think many people gave Fury a 50:50 chance, Id have said he was a decent underdog really.
What people forget as well is that it was actually a really good fight, plenty of leather thrown by both fighters and in no way was Del Boy not trying on the night. I've seen a fair few Chisora fights and I wouldn't say he was anymore active any other night than he was against Fury.
Sure he could have been in better shape but so could Fury and the fight wasn't even close on the judges cards.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:26 am

If he was an underdog then it was a) only very marginal; and b) only up until weigh in!

Not sure if you were around these boards when the fight was leading up but I don't remember Fury being widely written off at all. From memory a fair few people picked him for the UCPL as well (I made the mistake of submitting pre-weigh in and went Chis!).

It was certainly seen as a good challenging match-up, but to retrospectively suggest Fury was perceived as some kind of big under-dog is more than a tad generous. I can only think that people's dislike of Fury at the time may have given the impression they were betting against him because they thought he would lose rather than that they wanted him to lose.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:35 am

I definitely remember him as an underdog, more based on the press than on here to be honest though. But you are right in reality it was two prospects and the betting should have been about evens.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:41 am

Fury beat Chisora before Haye and Klitschko did yet Chisora is the one who got offered a title match. People dont want to give him credit for anything.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by jack-rabbitpunch Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:39 am

having had the misfortune of dealing with travellers on many occasions, i have no good words to say towards any of them (bar one, great little fighter in St. joe's gym) i dispise the shows that glamorise their lifestyle and any advocate of their community. This probably doesnt shine the best light on me and i am tarring a whole community with the same brush, but thats my opinion based on actual dealing with them

jack-rabbitpunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next