The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Money in the Bank discussion thread (inc spoilers)

+13
Crimey
NickisBHAFC
Samo
Dolphin Ziggler
ErmanH
Kay Fabe
GSC
Mr H
TheCultOfPersonality
x12x
TopoftheChops
Hero
Adam D
17 posters

Go down

Money in the Bank discussion thread (inc spoilers) Empty Money in the Bank discussion thread (inc spoilers)

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:14 pm

So what did everyone think?

I thought it was pretty poor - no surprises (if you believe the Sky Bet odds!) and quite average matches.

Why oh why have they turned Ryback into his current character? roll up for the win? Really?

Very average PPV in my opinion.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Money in the Bank discussion thread (inc spoilers) Empty Re: Money in the Bank discussion thread (inc spoilers)

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:26 pm

Fell asleep as it was starting but watched the two mitb matches this morning before work

I guessed Orton would win before I seen those odds, my concern now is will WWE put the title Orton. I reckon not. Obviously Cena will always go down as the first to lose when cashing in his contract (albeit in a straight up one on one fight), but I can also see WWE making him look even more like Superman by having Orton cash in after a beat down of Cena but jumping John overcoming the odds and retaining

As for the blue case, I genuinely thought Barrett would win after he was rumoured to win it last year before he got injured.

Back to top Go down

Money in the Bank discussion thread (inc spoilers) Empty Re: Money in the Bank discussion thread (inc spoilers)

Post by Hero Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:35 pm

I thought the two MITB matches were great although slightly spoilt by SkyBet to which I'm avoiding the thread in future as there's clearly something awry there!

My two sons had never seen a MITB match before and they probably marked  out for those matches more than they've ever done for a match before. I take their views over how good the match was over a cynical TNA-lover anyday Wink

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:40 pm

Rhodes vs sandow will be a good feud going forward. Cody as a face is a good thing. Heyman turning full blown heel on punk was a bad idea I think.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:47 pm

I reckon they wanted Lesnar to do that with Heyman watching on but decided against using up an appearance.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:50 pm

I didn't mind it, it made sense

The other option I thought they could go for was to have Lesnars music hit as Punk went for the case (obviously as a distraction and not wasting one of Lesnars dates) and then between now and Summerslam we learn it was Heyman who started the music

On the subject of Punk anybody see the injury he got when he was bust open by the ladder shots? He posted it on Twitter, pretty bad cut

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 15 Jul 2013, 1:02 pm

I really liked the Heyman betrayal of Punk, also will be interesting to see why Bryan got attacked by Axel...unless I've missed something?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Mon 15 Jul 2013, 1:09 pm

It was OK.

The Smackdown MITB ladder match was much better than the Raw MITB IMO. Although the Raw match had more drama.

Are they going with a Daniel Bryan/Curtis Axel feud? Thats unfortunate after hearing reports of Cena/Bryan main event. Bryan is better than the IC belt.

Sandow winning was good. I liked how he betrayed his best friend Cody to win. Should be a good feud between the two.

Alberto Del Rio and Ziggler put on a great match, I think they will have one final match at Summerslam, possibly a gimmick match such as No DQ. Thats when Lee and Big E will finally turn on Ziggler.

The rest of the show was boring. I dont like Ryback at all, Y2J deserves better.

It looks like there's gonna be a triple threat tag team match at Summerslam with Cesaro & Swagger in the mix.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2013, 1:10 pm

I think that may be more as he was in prime position at the time and to get Punk in position for the betrayal

Although I'd expect to see Punk and Bryan teaming at some point, maybe Survivor series against a Heyman team. As weel as Brock and Axel you could maybe add Big Show into the mix as well when he comes back as one time client of Heymans

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 15 Jul 2013, 2:17 pm

Pleased that Orton won. He deserves it. He hasn’t held a world title for 2 years and has spent that time putting over the likes of Barrett, Ziggler, The Shield & Bryan. Orton has star power, he can be smooth as silk in ring and I think he deserves credit for taking a step out of the main event picture for so long. Whilst some of it might be punishment for his wellness issues he’s knuckled down and got on with it, you don’t hear of any reports of him whining about it. Randy Orton is main event and quite rightly is back in the title picture which is where he belongs. I can’t believe they are going to push him as the number 2 babyface though ahead of Punk. I’d like to see him win the title from Cena after a punt kick, thus turning heel in the process.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 15 Jul 2013, 2:30 pm

The PPV itself didn't sound great but they've set up some storylines going forward
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 15 Jul 2013, 2:38 pm

Mr H wrote:Pleased that Orton won. He deserves it. He hasn’t held a world title for 2 years and has spent that time putting over the likes of Barrett, Ziggler, The Shield & Bryan. Orton has star power, he can be smooth as silk in ring and I think he deserves credit for taking a step out of the main event picture for so long. Whilst some of it might be punishment for his wellness issues he’s knuckled down and got on with it, you don’t hear of any reports of him whining about it. Randy Orton is main event and quite rightly is back in the title picture which is where he belongs. I can’t believe they are going to push him as the number 2 babyface though ahead of Punk. I’d like to see him win the title from Cena after a punt kick, thus turning heel in the process.

Is he behind Punk though? Yeah he might have the MITB but Punk is on a collision course with Lesnar...a guy who since his return has only really feuded with HHH...I know the title and MITB should be the big reward but I have a feeling that a feud with Lesnar is a more sought after thing due to him basically picking and choosing his moments these days.

I agree with everything else you said though and hope you're right about him having the heel turn...maybe the lure of the WWE title can bring back his old ways.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2013, 3:08 pm

the big question for me is what is going to happen on Raw tonight

we've had some big moments the night after PPVs, will tonight be the same. Are we expecting to see Lesnar again as Punk is confronting Heyman

I still don't think they'll put the title on Orton, I won't argue he deserves it but I reckon this is just another way they'll make cena look better than he is

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 15 Jul 2013, 3:21 pm

I cancelled my SkyBet account as soon as I watched the PPV...something not quite right about how they positioned the Wrestlers odds wise, either that or their WWE expert sees something completely differently to how the rest of us see things.

It was a pretty solid if unspectacular PPV in my opinion, the two Ladder matches were fine and the womans match was a decent standard, the two title matches were a bit predictable though, dont quite understand the attack on Bryan, if anything I feel they might have just been trying to re-emphasis that he's a face after all his random beat downs of face and heels

How long has it been since Cena/Orton went at it? About 4 years I think, time flies since they had that "last ever" Iron Man Match which ironically enough was their best ever match

I think this will probably be the catalyst for Ortons heel turn

I wanted Bryan to win but no problem with Orton, he needs to be higher up the card, beating Orton actually means something

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 15 Jul 2013, 3:30 pm

I think Orton was one of the best options...Punk has the Lesnar feud, Bryan reportedly will face off with Cena for the WWE title soon, I would have cried is RVD was anywhere near the title match and Sheamus and Christian just felt thrown in to make up numbers.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by ErmanH Mon 15 Jul 2013, 3:30 pm

I thought it was average at best.  Can't believe they didn't put the strap back on Ziggler and D- Bryan deserved the briefcase more than anyone in the main event!

Thought they could have offered a bit of a shock in the wwe title match too.  Although, Henry was never going to walk out on the night with the belt they could have had him beating Cena (obviously not clean) and becoming champion only for Cena to enter himself in to the Money in The Bank match in place of the injured Kane, winning it and challenging Henry right away and winning the belt back!  Henry's (albiet) short title reign would have given him the one belt he had been missing in his career plus would have kept Cena on course to face Bryan at Summerslam.

ErmanH

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 15 Jul 2013, 4:52 pm

I really enjoyed it, thought it was very good, real top quality ladder matches. I also think the pre-show match was absolutely excellent too.

Sky bet thing is bizarre, I will be ignoring them from now on. Orton and Sandow were definitely not favourites from the booking of WWE and how their patterns usually work. Bryan and Barrett were realistic favourites for a variety of combining factors, I dont think I trust how their system is working. Dont think you can call it predictable off the back of that, the thread shows people werent in agreement.

Cena v Henry was solid, was never going to be amazing but I think it was a decent match for what they were going to do.

Ryback v Jericho had some moments, seemed an odd move to win on the roll up, expect some more to come from this. 

Ziggler v Del Rio was a good match and I liked the finish. AJ was sympathetic as a girlfriend who did not want to see her beau in the agony of beforehand when he had the concussion. Ziggler proved he can get a babyface reaction, and the story kept him strong. Del Rio will continue to be that guy, sneaky heel. Not a fan of him but he is very easy to hate so least hes a heel. 

AJ v Kaitlyn had some solid wrestling, it remains the one area TNA is ahead of WWE though.

Axel v Miz was another solid match, good watch without being a massive draw.

WHC MITB was brilliant, really cracking stuff. I liked the way Cesaro and Swagger worked together, could maybe seem them getting involved in the Usos and Shield rivalry. Every one of them got a good spot in, Fandango's sunset flip powerbomb was great. The end was wonderful, I really hope it turns Cody face as I have wanted that for a long time. Really good story telling, Sandow perfect for it. 

WWE MITB another cracking match. Think it was the perfect mix of wrestlers, some good power and pace in it. Bryan and RVD had real adrenaline rush moments. I thought Bryan had it won so the turns at the end had me. Interested to see what the Axel thing is explained as, its either Axel trying to help the man he thinks Heyman wants to win, or it was the plan to give Heyman the chance to screw Punk to send a message.

Orton was a good winner. He has gained his relevancy again and gained WWE's trust with some wonderful performances in the past few months and keeping the crowd massively behind him even when he wasnt booked so strong. Bryan doesnt really need the case to be over so its an opportunity for someone else. Orton has been so slick lately, I wanted him to win. 

All in all, a very good night. A PPV that had big moments and works forward with many new potential stories in the future.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 15 Jul 2013, 4:53 pm

I'm also going to predict that the OP hasnt watched the PPV!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Jul 2013, 5:00 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'm also going to predict that the OP hasnt watched the PPV!

you sir are wrong!

I watched it in about an hour this morning (I did fast forward bits but watched the important parts)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 15 Jul 2013, 5:16 pm

I make my statement correct then!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 15 Jul 2013, 5:42 pm

I thought the two MiTB matches themselves were really high quality with some great spots in them, the SD one edged it and it was great to see Dean Ambrose really show he's got a lot more in his locker than just being a spokesperson, think he stole the show in the first one with Rhodes too putting in a great show. Sandow was an odd choice of winner as barring the ending I don't recall him doing anything of note in the entire match and whilst he has the intellectual gimmick he just doesn't seem to excite me once a match starts.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 15 Jul 2013, 6:29 pm

I thought the SD one was just a great group effort, Cody definitely the standout though, get your Ambrose specs off and take that nose out! I think Cody was meant to be the standout too, get the crowd behind him so the steal got Sandow more heat and made Cody more sympathetic.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 15 Jul 2013, 6:38 pm

I thought it was a good PPV, both ladder matches were exceptional, the best in the past few years. Spot wise the WHC match edged it. Everyone got great spots in, including Ambrose skinning the cat on the ladder held by Thwagger and Cesaro (even if it did take two attempts). Fandangos sunset flip power bomb was one of the best you'll see. Im intrigued to see where they go with Axel and Bryan. RVD looked in fantastic shape, which im glad. I reckon a face Cody Rhodes and heel Sandow will have a great fued over the summer.

Miz/Axel suffered, and was always going to once you realised the crowd were more into Heyman than either The Miz or Axel, they still had a pretty solid match though. And Miz needs a haircut.

The Divas title match was decent, as womans matches go these days.

The WHC match was another great match. Both guys getting nearfalls, telling stories with Zigglers head, and the end was pretty good. Hopefully this will be the catalyst that properly splits Ziggler and AJ. And gives him a cornerstone for the good face promo he desperatly needs to deliver. Del Rio is already so much more interesting as a Heel and its only been a month.

I dont understand peoples feelings about the Jericho/Ryback end. They both had a good match, and surely after the past month it was obvious that Ryback would start resorting to cheap tactics to win. It WOULD have been better if he had a hold of the tights instead of it being a clean roll-up. I dont mind a monster heel using cheap tactics if its a consistent thing, not a one off.

The WWE title match was pretty decent. Mark Henry looked absolutely beast, and I loved the story behind Cena's mentality about after finally being able to hit the AA and Henry kicks out. My only complaint is that Henry tapped. Submitting always does more damage than being pinned.

It will be interesting to see the implications of have 4 guys get busted open. Rhodes took a sore one, Orton bust his nose, and both Punk and RVD needed staples. Reportedly Van Dams needed 32 compared to Punks 13, but Punk was definatly donning the crimson mask, and I was genuinely shocked becauses it been so long since we've seen it, which to me, strengthens my opinion that blood should be used in these big matches, like HiaC and the EC.

Overall, a good PPV. Not as good as Payback, but has my interest going forward.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:01 pm

I thought the PPV was superb IMO and probably apart from Wrestle Mania, the best PPV of the year.

Im actually a fan of the pre show's and the match was class, the shield doing the usual business and the usos showing that they have some good talent.

The Smackdown money in the bank was your typical money in the bank match with a lot of spots. Cody Rhodes and Dean Ambrose really impressing me, bit annoyed Sandow won tbh, as i don't think he is world championship material, but ill look forward to his feud with Cody.

Miz vs Axel was decent, nice to see Axel win cleanly. 

AJ vs Katylin - Toilet and refreshment break.

Y2J vs Ryback - The match itself wasn't too bad, but ill admit the ending was poor. Ryback should of won using shell shock. However finally got a PPV win, his first since MITB last year.

Dolph vs Del Rio was class - Shame about the ending i would of had AJ screw Dolph all together. 

Cena vs Henry - It was the first time since rock vs cena last year, where i found myself acting like a little kid watching the match (and i was only drinking fanta!) really wanted Henry to win and the match itself was A LOT better than i thought it would be

Raw MITB - I know ill be the only one who thinks it, but from a personal point of view, i acctually thought the match was contender for match of the year already. I loved it. Lot of spots, lots of drama, crowd reaching there maximum and to top it all off, RVD looked insane! Heyman screwing Punk made me mark out a little and i was happy Orton won because i think he deserves to be back in the main event picture.

All in all great show, word on the crowd they were superb! You need a hot crowd to make a PPV and they did the job to perfection.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:25 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:
Dolph vs Del Rio was class - Shame about the ending i would of had AJ screw Dolph all together. 

Id pay to see AJ screw Big E

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:29 pm

You would pay to see AJ styles screw Big E

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:34 pm

I think the two Money in the Bank matches stole the show, they obviously will as they're going to have a lot of spots and at least one or two guys you like in it, both matches also had decent storylines coming out of them with two people turning on their best friends. Agree with the assumption that in an ideal world the Heyman attack would have been done by Lesnar, but think it does have more impact coming from Heyman as it is a full break between the two.

Think all the matches had good winners, was disappointed that the Henry-Cena match ended in just a normal STF but thought the rest of the match was booked well. Ryback has lost all steam, as have The Shield, totally disagree that Ambrose stood out, if anything he looked average, Rhodes was the stand out. I just can't enjoy Ziggler or Del Rio these days, Ziggler as a face is surprisingly not working and Del Rio needs a feud that will get people interested, a lot of his feuds feel very similar.

For me Axel is still a bit raw, a bit boring and I'm not interested in him at all.

All in all it was a decent PPV, boosted by the Money in the Bank matches which are usually good. The best part was that there was actually some decent story-telling.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:05 pm

Adam D wrote:You would pay to see AJ styles screw Big E

Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue 16 Jul 2013, 8:25 am

I really enjoyed the ppv, there wasn't a match on the card that I thought was terrible.

The Miz/Axel match was strange in that Miz was working as a slight heel due to the Heyman/Philadelphia connection, but that stopped working once Heyman was ejected!

AJ and Kaitlin put on another decent match, they're not putting on women's matches to the same standard of TNA - but it is a lot better than it has been in recent years.

Jericho/Ryback was OK and thought the ending was interesting - I still think Ryback will snap and destroy Jericho at some point when he is due to go on tour with Fozzy.

WHC MITB was the better of the two imo. Some really good spots and at least one moment for each wrestler to look good. Cody Rhodes was made to look really strong and his feud with Sandow should get him over as a face. Sandow wasn't one of the contenders for me, but I am looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

the Raw MITB was almost as good as the first and like Rhodes Bryan had the moment that made him look like the stand out in the match. Axel attacking him was nothing more than a way for Heyman to screw Punk and will probably be settled with a match on TV. RVD looked in better shape than at any time in TNA, pleasantly surprised!
As for Heyman screwing Punk I thought it was brilliant. Punk sold the hurt just before the last ladder shot and outside the ring at the end. I'd assumed Lesnar would show up to cost him, but it worked so much better with Heyman due to the psychology of it.
Orton was a deserving winner, I wanted Bryan to win but Orton has been very good recently. The last few months have been the first time I've enjoyed Orton since he turned face.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:24 am

What a cracking PPV. It was already late when I started watching it so I had to really debate whether it was worth wathcing the pre show match - but I did and it was worth it for sure! Amazing match. Loved the powerbomb / back drop / superplex spot but that was just the tip of the iceberg!!

WHC MITB ladder match was brilliant with a lot of good spots. Damien Sandow was one of the ones I hoped would win so no complaints there and look forward to see him getting pushed properly over the year.

The Miz and Curtis Axel had a good match, as did Ryback and Chris Jericho although the ending was a bit weird.

I thought the Mark Henry v John Cena match was awesome except for the submission finish which really peed me off.

AJ Lee and Kaitlyn had a good match but I expected that after Payback.

The WWE MITB was brilliant. Everyone had their good moments and liek how Heyman screwed Punk. That look they gave each other before the last ladder hit was priceless and I cant wait to see them get into a feud properly.

Overall brilliant PPV with the only letdowns being the finishes to Cena v Henry and Jericho v Ryback.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 16 Jul 2013, 6:03 pm

John Cena's submission face annoys me

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Tue 16 Jul 2013, 7:47 pm

xviperx wrote:John Cena's submission face annoys me

This.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 16 Jul 2013, 8:28 pm

JUST
Money in the Bank discussion thread (inc spoilers) Johncena2_crop_340x234
LOOK
Money in the Bank discussion thread (inc spoilers) John-Cena-vs-Randy-Orton-john-cena-11987946-358-390
AT
Money in the Bank discussion thread (inc spoilers) Cena%20stfu
IT!
Money in the Bank discussion thread (inc spoilers) John_Cena

He looks like he's violating them.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Tue 16 Jul 2013, 8:31 pm

laughing 
xviperx wrote:JUST
Money in the Bank discussion thread (inc spoilers) Johncena2_crop_340x234
LOOK
Money in the Bank discussion thread (inc spoilers) John-Cena-vs-Randy-Orton-john-cena-11987946-358-390
AT
Money in the Bank discussion thread (inc spoilers) Cena%20stfu
IT!
Money in the Bank discussion thread (inc spoilers) John_Cena

He looks like he's violating them.
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down