The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A couple of things I'd like to talk about

+4
Crimey
imprettyfly
crippledtart
neilthom7
8 posters

Go down

A couple of things I'd like to talk about Empty A couple of things I'd like to talk about

Post by neilthom7 Sun 21 Jul 2013, 11:57 pm

So I have a couple of wrestling subjects I'd like to talk about and don't have anywhere else really i can think of to get other peoples so views so I decided to post here.
My first point is the people in the crowd that chant Husky Harris at Bray Wyatt, don't these people realise they are hurting him? People complain about Cena being the top guy (he is for a reason but thats another argument) but when someone with potential to be a top star comes along they do things like this. I know it's people right to chant what they want bu the point is if you chant that stuff then he ain't getting over as he should and eventually he is nixed, then you blame wwe when it's actually your fault, Cena goes on being the top guy and the cycle repeats. I know too that these guys want to prove they remember what happened in past and aren't idiots but I prefer to look at it as WWE giving a guy with talent a fresh start and we should accept that and cheer or boo him or if you don't like him just stay silent that's the worst reaction any wrestler can get.

2nd is not really anything to do with first point, WWE complains about faces getting booed and eels getting cheered, calls places like toronto bizarroland etc etc. Well I have a few things I'd like to bring up on this, firstly WWE should try actually making heels proper heels. These days the heels are all trying to be the anti hero or the cool heel or justify themselves or whatever. If you want aheel to be booed make hima true heel, you can make him a coward with cheap ways out etc, you can have him insult people, crowds etc or you can have him to things whic are downright bad (remember when punk sang happy birthday to mysterios daughter in the creepiest voice ever?) these sorts of things get heels over. Its why Miz was a great heel, he always was taking the easy way, doing anything to keep his title, taking the cowards way out, sheamus as a heel took people out did really bad things, the injuries he caused where played up etc, Punk was abrilliant heel because of the stuff he done. Why would anyone boo the likes of zigler? What has he really done that deserves it?
Finally their faces need to be altered a bit, they need to be abit cool, maybe slightly more edgy, they need to have good matches show good skills, take the urine out of the real bad guys and get the big wins. They cannot all just be people whho pander to kids or crowds or make stupid jokes, Cena is actually a good promo guy but time and again he just comes out and makes some lame joke, sheamus has started it too.

One final thing fans who boo faces, I would like to point out if you really don't like them don't cheer or boo because in WWE any reaction is good, no reaction is the really bad things that gets you dropped.

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

A couple of things I'd like to talk about Empty Re: A couple of things I'd like to talk about

Post by crippledtart Mon 22 Jul 2013, 6:48 am

Agreed all on fronts. Well said.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

A couple of things I'd like to talk about Empty Re: A couple of things I'd like to talk about

Post by imprettyfly Mon 22 Jul 2013, 10:25 am

That was a real tough read.

imprettyfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 22 Jul 2013, 12:24 pm

I think the crowd are really harming the product these days, WWE are very quick to change plans and one thing that makes them change their plans is the fan reaction and it ruins the product. I understand that fans should be allowed to cheer who they want, to chant what they want but they do play a large role in the WWE, they can affect storylines and sometimes I don't think they take that role seriously enough.

I'm sure the wrestlers would prefer it as well, if you want to appreciate CM Punk and he's a heel don't cheer him, boo him. That's what he wants, that is what he is trying to achieve and by cheering him you only harm his chances as he's not doing a proper job as a heel.

Mark Henry and Bray Wyatt are both two people who have played different characters in the past but are now doing some superb heel work but chanting 'Sexual Chocolate' or 'Husky Harris' just doesn't help, it means they'll be dropped or changed for chants that aren't even funny.

You're right when you say if you don't like somebody, just don't react.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 9:36 pm

I don't think the crowd are ruining the product I mean cheering and booing is really your own choice and lets face it the only bad reaction in WWE is silence so either way you are helping that wrestler. It's the stupid chants that hold guys back, I mean chanting Goldberg at Ryback is one thing (even though he is nothing like him) but those chants at Wyatt will hold those guys back because it makes WWE think they cannot get the character over even though Wyatt is one of the most interesting characters in a long time.

If WWE want's someone over as a heel they need to make them a proper heel though because what we have now are heels that are not really doing anything to get them over as a heel.

Imprettyfly- what was tough about the read? If you are referring to the grammar and spelling i know, I read it this morning over again and it was terrible, I was tired lol

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Mon 22 Jul 2013, 10:18 pm

it seems to be that fans like to make out they are smart by chanting the ex names of wrestlers only this week on impact wrestling the fans were chanting trent barreta at greg marasciulo just because that was his wwe name. it harms the product I agree because it takes you out of the show and you don't enjoy it as much. the husky harris chants when wyatt debuted particularly got on my nerves as it ruined the whole segment.

as for the wwe not booking heels correctly I think your right all the wrestlers are too similar and not distinctive. for example the crowd at the minute are cheering a heel (bryan) and booing the face (cena). this shouldn't be happening but its the way wwe have done things with the yes chants etc. bryan shouldn't be doing it anymore if he is the heel.
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 22 Jul 2013, 10:29 pm

Where did you get the idea that Bryan is a heel? He hasn't been a heel for a while now, and just because he's entering a feud with Cena doesn't make him a heel either, he's a fully fledged face and probably the most popular one right now as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Mon 22 Jul 2013, 11:22 pm

since he has been shouting about being the weak link etc and john cena is never the heel in any feud ever no matter who its against
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 22 Jul 2013, 11:40 pm

sjh5678 wrote:since he has been shouting about being the weak link etc and john cena is never the heel in any feud ever no matter who its against

You can have a feud between two faces.

There is absolutely no way that Daniel Bryan is in anyway being portrayed as a heel. I'm struggling to understand why you think he is.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 11:49 pm

At this stage it's going to be really difficult to make Bryan a heel anyway, he is too good and too over so it will be a feud between 2 faces i would imagine. Although obviously Cena will also get booed. I am looking forward to that feud though, they should have some good matches and it's fresh too. I mean these days we seem to get feuds that go on for 6 months or just end then they go again 2 months down the line.

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Mon 22 Jul 2013, 11:59 pm

a while ago I thought saying I am not the weak link and picking fights with orton etc was heel like but maybe I was reading too much into it.
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 23 Jul 2013, 1:01 am

Theres no such thing as too over to turn heel, there should be but in the WWE there isn't.

Take a look at CM Punk, he should never have been turned heel, by the time they did turn him his character had been so damaged that it was the right thing to do but WrestleMania 29 shoukd have been Punk going over John Cena clean face vs face for the WWE Title...it'd be the culmination of a 21 month storyline and would have given Punk that massive win as well as allowing Cena to pass the torch while Cena is still young enough to be considered the true icon of his era...Rock could have went against Taker

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 23 Jul 2013, 10:34 am

To be fair I havent heard any more Husky Harris chants after the first appearance...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by imprettyfly Tue 23 Jul 2013, 11:46 am

neilthom7 wrote:
Imprettyfly- what was tough about the read? If you are referring to the grammar and spelling i know, I read it this morning over again and it was terrible, I was tired lol

Got it in one -Points are completely valid though

imprettyfly

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Tue 23 Jul 2013, 8:13 pm

Well when I said too over to turn heel I meant WWE could see him as a heel but the fans won't properly boo him much like what happened when they turned Punk last year he had to go after the fans in each place just to get some boos.

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by harryspiv Wed 24 Jul 2013, 12:57 am

If the crowd have nothing to do but make stupid chants and compare wrestlers to past wrestlers and gimmicks what does that tell you? They are most probably bored.

It is no secret that the WWE product is stale and has been for some time now. PPVs are predictable, there's no real twists in story lines. Also the booking is unbelievably bad. The Del Rio and ziggler double turn has failed epically and created a boring series of matches between the pair. That's just one example too. Also IMO there are not too many stand out stars in wrestling these days, it's sad but true. The only superstars I can see going on to be massive are punk and Bryan from WWE and possibly Austin Aries from TNA.

Remember back to 1997-2002. Countless memories stick in my mind of fantastic matches, fantastic booking and brilliant storylines that stick in the mind, I still YouTube them for nostalgic moments. Anything from the last 8 years or so has been mostly forgettable.

harryspiv

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 1:24 pm

Mate if you can't see guys in WWE who can go on to do big things then you need to look again, also Del Rio v Ziglers matches were not boring and Austin Aries will never be a big star unless he leaves TNA and WWE signs him up.
Finally if you think Bray Wyatt's segments are borning or the product is boring and you know what you are going to get etc then don't go and just stop watching because it isn't going to get much better than Wyatts segments or some of the matches we have had lately.
The reason those fans were chanting that at Bray Wyatt is because they want to show they are smarter than the WWE and they remember Husky Harris etc not realising they are just harming the guy.

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down