The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like Kells next opponent is....

+15
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Furysuppercut
Mr Bounce
hazharrison
TRUSSMAN66
Strongback
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
ONETWOFOREVER
bhb001
JabMachineMK2
DynamiteChris
Rowley
spencerclarke
John Bloody Wayne
inman124
19 posters

Go down

Looks like Kells next opponent is.... Empty Looks like Kells next opponent is....

Post by inman124 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 5:28 pm

Vyacheslav Senchenko, what's people's thoughts on this potential fight? Beat a washed up Ricky Hatton but dominated and stopped by Paulie Malignaggi who isn't a big puncher, I can't see this fight being a problem for Brook

inman124

Back to top Go down

Looks like Kells next opponent is.... Empty Re: Looks like Kells next opponent is....

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 24 Jul 2013, 5:34 pm

Stopped on a cut by Paulie. He was never actually hurt or wobbled, just clearly outboxed.

Got to think Kell takes it if he's going anywhere near the top, Vyacheslav hardly dominated Hatton.

It could be slightly dull though, with them both being outside jabbers. Senchenko appears to have slightly more thud in his jab but Kell's quicker and more accurate. Expect Brook to out lance him to a UD.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Looks like Kells next opponent is.... Empty Re: Looks like Kells next opponent is....

Post by spencerclarke Wed 24 Jul 2013, 5:39 pm

Late ko win brook for me. Cummulative damage.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 24 Jul 2013, 5:43 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote: Vyacheslav hardly dominated Hatton.

Too right Richie Woodhall had Hatton 15 points up. Decent enough fight for Kell, the bits I have seen of him Vyacheslav has always looked reasonably durable so if he can take Kell late might give us some answers as to how much his stamina has imrpoved.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by DynamiteChris Wed 24 Jul 2013, 6:05 pm

Think this is a really good fight for Brook, funny enough watching the boxing at the weekend I was wondering what had happened to Senchenko.

Think he's very underrated, obviously a stoppage loss to Paulie really doesn't help but like someone else said there is a little more to that if you watch the fight.

He's bloody big for a Welterweight too, he's durable & can box

Tough fight for Brook I think

DynamiteChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 6:17 pm

ME

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 6:52 pm

Good from a selling side as well. Taking on the man who ended the return of Hatton. At least it is someone people will be aware of.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jul 2013, 7:45 pm

I'm a bit confused.

I remember clearly in a recent discussion that most people had Kell down as better than Khan and most expected he'd win a fight between the two of them.

Yet Kell's proposed next opponent LOST to Paulie. That's right feather fisted Paulie who was supposedly washed up even when Khan gave him a boxing lesson two years ago. Yet two years down the road we're are now being told that the guy who lost to Paulie is a good opponent for the guy who is supposedly better than Khan?

And I do remember clearly that just a few months ago many on this board were riding the Kell bandwagon hard; most at that point had him down as favourite in a potential match against Khan.

Funny isn't it how certain boxers are viewed compared to others.

Anyway, for me this is only a v slight step up (if at all) and still shows no real ambition.

Kell has mouthed off about how he'd destroy Khan on many occasions.

Why don't you fight a live opponent Kell. Your record is absolute rubbish for a guy who has been pro for 8-9 years. Anyone can look good knocking over tin cans (Bute anyone?).

ghost 

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 24 Jul 2013, 7:51 pm

LOL Brook says he is ready for title and then opts to fight this nobody.

This fight is a waste of time better to calling out big names with intent to fight them. Don't know about the rest of you but I won't get excited about Brook until we see him in a fight with a name that will test him.

Joke of a fight for a man who says he is ready. I reckon he bottled i against Alexander and faked injury. Its about time Brook started to speak out and put himself in the mix with the likes of Maidana, Mathyese and co.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 24 Jul 2013, 8:07 pm

Poor from brook

Senchenko isn't very good and benefitted from hatton gassing to get his career on track

No speed, no power, old, marks up easily and in general a really poor choice

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 8:11 pm

But easy to market. Not a Warren fighter is he???

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jul 2013, 8:14 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:LOL Brook says he is ready for title and then opts to fight this nobody.

This fight is a waste of time better to calling out big names with intent to fight them. Don't know about the rest of you but I won't get excited about Brook until we see him in a fight with a name that will test him.

Joke of a fight for a man who says he is ready. I reckon he bottled i against Alexander and faked injury. Its about time Brook started to speak out and put himself in the mix with the likes of Maidana, Mathyese and co.

Very rarely do I agree with you onetwo..

but on this occasion you are SPOT ON.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 24 Jul 2013, 10:05 pm

It wasn't hard to figure out Brook's next opponent when Hearn threw out 5 potential names last week.

Poor opponent for a guy who was supposed to be fighting Alexander.

I've been saying the same thing for 4 years: wake me up when Brook fights at world level.

The most protected fighter in Britain right now. Worse than Cleverly's oppo if that's possible.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 10:12 pm

Who's Frampton fighting next ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 24 Jul 2013, 10:13 pm

Senchenko reportedly signed to fight someone else next month

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 24 Jul 2013, 10:18 pm

I genuinely don't care about Kell Brook.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 10:19 pm

hazharrison wrote:Senchenko reportedly signed to fight someone else next month

This guy makes Lucian Bute another cruddish stand up job look like Ray Robinson....

In fairness to strongy...though he doesn't seem to like any British fighters....He is right when he says Brook needs to move on..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Furysuppercut Thu 25 Jul 2013, 9:04 am

Kell brook is pants. A complete hype job who has fought nobody. How do you go from a potential world championship bout with Alexander, to fighting some journeyman in Carson Jones followed by Senchenko?! Wow. Just wow.

Furysuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 9:06 am

Furysuppercut wrote:Kell brook is pants. A complete hype job who has fought nobody. How do you go from a potential world championship bout with Alexander, to fighting some journeyman in Carson Jones followed by Senchenko?! Wow. Just wow.

Ask Warren. He does it with all his fighters!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Furysuppercut Thu 25 Jul 2013, 9:15 am

This is very true bhb. Did the same with a lot of his fighters. Burns, Hatton and Calzaghe spring to mind.

Don't get me wrong, i think they are or were great fighters, but they could have maybe upped the level of opposition (which in fairness they did when they cut ties with him).

worst case of Warren Syndrome is Nathan Cleverley.

Furysuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:21 am

To be fair Senchenko has achieved more than Brook has even competed for.

It is still a step up for Brook and that is scandalous!!!

30 fights in and he still hasnt been in a world title fight.

And Senchenko DID dominate Hatton. It was embarrasing, the devil's biggest trick was convincing people he doesn't exist....Richie Woodhall's biggest trick was convincing people Hatton was winning that fight.

Hatton crying like a baby was the highlight though, and the interviewer trying to be a Samaritan counseller was pretty funny as well.

This has Price vs Thompson bananaskin all over it. I wouldn't read too much into the Paulie stoppage as it was a cut. People bring it up as if Paulie sparked him.

It is a poor choice when considering Hearn said they have a "massive" and "exciting" opponent lined up for Kell next....

Not sure why they are protecting him so much though as he must have lost a right number of paying fans with all this holding back and fighting average opponents.

Its not like he is a mega star.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:23 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:To be fair Senchenko has achieved more than Brook has even competed for.

It is still a step up for Brook and that is scandalous!!!

30 fights in and he still hasnt been in a world title fight.

And Senchenko DID dominate Hatton. It was embarrasing, the devil's biggest trick was convincing people he doesn't exist....Richie Woodhall's biggest trick was convincing people Hatton was winning that fight.

Hatton crying like a baby was the highlight though, and the interviewer trying to be a Samaritan counseller was pretty funny as well.

This has Price vs Thompson bananaskin all over it. I wouldn't read too much into the Paulie stoppage as it was a cut. People bring it up as if Paulie sparked him.

It is a poor choice when considering Hearn said they have a "massive" and "exciting" opponent lined up for Kell next....

Not sure why they are protecting him so much though as he must have lost a right number of paying fans with all this holding back and fighting average opponents.

Its not like he is a mega star.

He was scheduled to fight Alexander so he's hardly been protected.....People want to ease up on the guy a little.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:27 am

Tend to agree Truss, the Alexander fight falling through was not really anyone's fault, both got injured. Makes sense for him to keep busy in the interim and given he probably still retains his ranking with the IBF people are naive if they think he will take the kind of fighters who will potentially upturn the apple cart. This is risky enough without being ridiculous.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:30 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
He was scheduled to fight Alexander so he's hardly been protected.....People want to ease up on the guy a little.

Nine years (odd) as a pro, 30 fights in. Who would you say is his best win? Matt Hatton?

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:32 am

He's got all the time in the World.........

Have a feeling that 90% of the guys who are hammering him are either Khan-fans or the 606 Irish brigade that hate on all things English..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:36 am

Im neither, I just think hes better than his current record suggests. I hope he doesnt waste his talent.

Hes claiming that he is already growing out of WW, despite not making an impact in the division yet. He needs to get on with things (unlucky with injuries etc etc).

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:40 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He's got all the time in the World.........

Have a feeling that 90% of the guys who are hammering him are either Khan-fans or the 606 Irish brigade that hate on all things English..

Oh shut up you fool
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 25 Jul 2013, 12:08 pm

Have never really been inspired by Brook and his record and this obviously doesn't change that. Seems to have the tools but needs to step up and soon. Not his fault that the Alexander fight was cancelled but doesn't change the fact that hes gliding along talking of fighting everybody yet fighting nobody.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 12:33 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He's got all the time in the World.........

Oh shut up you fool

Now now..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 25 Jul 2013, 1:23 pm

Yes, now if possible. Smile
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm

joeyjojo618 wrote:Im neither, I just think hes better than his current record suggests. I hope he doesnt waste his talent.

Hes claiming that he is already growing out of WW, despite not making an impact in the division yet. He needs to get on with things (unlucky with injuries etc etc).

In fairness, physically out-growing a division has more to do with how long you've been in it than whether you've reached it's pinnacle. I posted on another thread that Khan has, in a similar amount of time and fights, fought in two divisions and is close to moving into a third. His body has naturally outgrown divisions in that period - so hard to knock Kell if he's saying similar.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 2:35 pm

Thats my point really. If Kell has been in the division for long enough to grow out of it, then he should have made an impression on it during that time. If he would have got on with things earlier then he would have a WW belt by now, and a higher profile would help him get bigger pay days when moving up (like Khan).

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri 26 Jul 2013, 10:28 am

Its hardly an opponent to set the pulse racing but in terms of Kell's career the Senchenko is ideal. Don't forget how far that first Carson Jones fight set him back and then the wasted time with Alexander and injuries.

If he beats Senchenko and stays fit then its a world title fight in early 2014. Seems fair enough to me.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down