The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Randy Orton vs Bryan feud: Stroke of genus from creative?

+4
sodhat
Bluebird_ccfc
Kaiser
kingraf
8 posters

Go down

Randy Orton vs Bryan feud: Stroke of genus from creative? Empty Randy Orton vs Bryan feud: Stroke of genus from creative?

Post by kingraf Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:25 am

This is one of those obscure, mini-feuds which seemed to have no actual direction. But analyzing it, it seems like terrific booking from the E. By having Orton lose the series to Bryan, it enabled a "shock" win at MiTB for Randy, but it kept Bryan looking so strong that he became a natural choice for Cena once Brad Maddox made it clear that Cena could pick his opponent.

The manic reception the crowd gave these two every match to me is reason enough to give them a championship feud somewhere down the line. Thoughts?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Randy Orton vs Bryan feud: Stroke of genus from creative? Empty Re: Randy Orton vs Bryan feud: Stroke of genus from creative?

Post by Kaiser Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:59 am

Could also mean a win for Bryan and an instant cash in, which would make Bryan the only person to lose both titles in very short matches (18 seconds) at mania (?? Seconds at SS)

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Randy Orton vs Bryan feud: Stroke of genus from creative? Empty Re: Randy Orton vs Bryan feud: Stroke of genus from creative?

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Thu 25 Jul 2013, 12:14 pm

I still don't understand why that mania match happened the way it did!
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 25 Jul 2013, 12:16 pm

They needed to give the extra time to Flo-Rida to adequately show off his hoes.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Thu 25 Jul 2013, 1:00 pm

I think it was the shock value, and a way at the time of saying f*** you to the Internet crowd and indie crowd for going on and on about Bryan, so they couldn't say he had a good match at mania.

Could definitely see a Orton Bryan feud finishing inside Hell In A Cell.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by I Blame Coco Thu 25 Jul 2013, 1:24 pm

Bluebird_ccfc wrote:I still don't understand why that mania match happened the way it did!

The optimist in me would like to think it was the beginning of an intentionally long story arc, where Bryan's mental state deteriorates over time, before his relationship with Kane and the therapy rescues him and allows him to become mentally stronger than he's ever been. With the pay off being a main event title win over Cena at Summerslam.

In reality he was probably just the scapegoat in a failed attempt to get Sheamus over as a top tier guy.

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 25 Jul 2013, 1:27 pm

I still think it was the best way for Bryan to lose it. It was a big deal, it was a big moment and it was the start of the WWE putting some support behind him.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu 25 Jul 2013, 2:58 pm

When it first happened I had a feeling he would end up better off, but I didn't imagine he would be this over and neither did Vince I can bet.

It's clear the fans weren't happy and got behind Bryan even more, thus leaving the WWE with no choice other than to give him a push.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Randy Orton vs Bryan feud: Stroke of genus from creative? Empty Spoilers for summerslam

Post by Kaiser Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:46 am

Yes picked it like a dirty nose please see comments above Cool 

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down