The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd Mayweather - Marvin Hagler - Some perspective !!!

+18
Strongback
horizontalhero
Boxtthis
winchester
spencerclarke
The Terror of Tylorstown
Seanusarrilius
manos de piedra
Atila
milkyboy
hazharrison
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
JabMachineMK2
TopHat24/7
88Chris05
Lumbering_Jack
bloodygloves
TRUSSMAN66
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Floyd Mayweather - Marvin Hagler - Some perspective !!! - Page 3 Empty Floyd Mayweather - Marvin Hagler - Some perspective !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Jul - 13:17

First topic message reminder :

A few things to think about.........

1. No one questions Hagler's legacy..and he's a bonafide hero..

2. Mayweather gets Castillo chucked at him..........Hagler drew with Vito....lost twice pre-title and sneaked past a lightweight....

3. Mayweather gets marked down for Marquez and yet two of Hagler's biggest wins were Duran and Mugabi both moving up in weight..

4. Mayweather beat 4 current p4pers.......Marvin beat Hearns.........

5. Mayweather gets hammered for Manny...Hagler avoided a Hearns rematch..Who apparently didn't deserve a rematch even though it was the fight of the decade and he smashed out the WBA/WBC number 1 contender straight after.....

6. Hagler was at the top seven years..Floyd 15.............

All I'm suggesting is people need to remember things like this when judging Floyd......I rate Hagler very highly...I've met him and he's a good guy...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Floyd Mayweather - Marvin Hagler - Some perspective !!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather - Marvin Hagler - Some perspective !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul - 10:05

Herman Jaggery wrote:Fight of the decade???

Not sure about that myself, after the initial onslaught by Hearns, it was all one way traffic.  Blown up welterweight with suspect chin who hadn't grown into the weight, against a peaking Hagler?  It had Hagler win written all over it. You could tell Hagler knew he was going to win too.

So much for what Trussman calls the greatest boxer ever! Hagler got to him with ease.

Well If you're not sure..That's it then.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Floyd Mayweather - Marvin Hagler - Some perspective !!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather - Marvin Hagler - Some perspective !!!

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 30 Jul - 10:17

Build up of the decade, not fight of the decade.

Don't confuse the two Mr Keele polytechnic.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul - 10:19

Seing as The ring and KO called it such and you weren't around then..

Please enter your replacement.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 30 Jul - 10:23

Couldn't be bothered.

Your mental masturbation bores me.

Better debate when you're not around ol' son.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul - 10:25

Herman Jaggery wrote:Couldn't be bothered.

Your mental masturbation bores me.

Better debate when you're not around ol' son.

Dear oh dear,,,run a long...I promise I won't challenge you again......Sad ...

By the way Hearns-Hagler is in most top 10 fights of alltime lists........Feel free to check out sources on the internet..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 30 Jul - 10:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 30 Jul - 10:31

At least tell me why you think Tommy is such a great boxer before you go off in a sulk.

Come on Trussy, you can do it.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 30 Jul - 10:38

Herman Jaggery wrote:At least tell me why you think Tommy is such a great boxer before you go off in a sulk.

Come on Trussy, you can do it.

Has to be a wind up, right?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 30 Jul - 10:43

Has what got to be a wind up?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul - 10:51

Phenomenal power, one of the hardest fastest most accurate jabs of all time, lightning reflexes, great footspeed, freakish physical dimensions.

He had everything other than a chin.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 30 Jul - 10:55

World class jab, world class right cross.

Power started to drain after four rounds, diabolical chin.

Don't get me wrong, he's an all timer, and his fight with Roldan is one of my favourite fights. what is he anywhere from top 40 - 80.?

Just can't get my head around him being the greatest boxer eve. No not at all.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul - 10:57

Herman Jaggery wrote:World class jab, world class right cross.

Power started to drain after four rounds, diabolical chin.

Don't get me wrong, he's an all timer, and his fight with Roldan is one of my favourite fights. what is he anywhere from top 40 - 80.?

Just can't get my head around him being the greatest boxer ever. No not at all.

Anybody say he was ??....what was your fight of the decade in the 80s..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Tue 30 Jul - 11:13

Chacon-Limon IV
Arguello-Pryor I
Duran-Leonard I
Holyfield-Qawi

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 30 Jul - 11:17

You did.

Didn't see anything till '85.

So can onlly comment 85 - 90.

Can't remember 88 - 90 so I'll go with Duran Barkley. Nip and tuck all the way, but the knock down learly secured it for Duran. Barkley rallied in the twelfth to sho he was anything but done, but the fight was already in the bank. That fight showed why 15 rounders need to come back.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul - 11:18

All good fights.......all better than Duran-Barkley....

However all generally below Hagler-Hearns in most lists..It has to be said

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Tue 30 Jul - 11:21

Who cares about lists, make up your own mind, you seem controlled by what the writers of the 80's said and I have to admit one round does not make a fight.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul - 11:23

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:Who cares about lists, make up your own mind, you seem controlled by what the writers of the 80's said and I have to admit one round does not make a fight.

okay...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 30 Jul - 11:30

I'll check those fights out Truss. Must admit I haven't seen any of them. Never even sat through the entire Leonard - Duran 1 yet, if you can believe that.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul - 11:31

Herman Jaggery wrote:I'll check those fights out Truss. Must admit I haven't seen any of them. Never even sat through the entire Leonard - Duran 1 yet, if you can believe that.

I can..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 30 Jul - 11:33

Why?

Are you saying I'm the Richard Schaefer of 606?

Are you saying I know NOTHING about the sport of boxing?

Is that what you're saying?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3