The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sl Woman beat Japan Women in 1.4 overs

+2
Mike Selig
invisiblecoolers
6 posters

Go down

Sl Woman beat Japan Women in 1.4 overs Empty Sl Woman beat Japan Women in 1.4 overs

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 25 Jul 2013, 3:56 pm

Such is the global nature of the sport the top team could end up making mockery of upcoming teams, in T20 contest which is said to be closer than onedays and Test, Japan was bundled for 21 and Sri Lanka successfully chased it out in 1.4 overs, not sure whether this is the fastest ever win in history of international cricket.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Sl Woman beat Japan Women in 1.4 overs Empty Re: Sl Woman beat Japan Women in 1.4 overs

Post by Mike Selig Thu 25 Jul 2013, 9:30 pm

It should be said that this is a qualifying event. Other sports have never ever had this kind of thrashing during qualifying events. Australia have never beaten Western Samoa by some ridiculous margin at football for instance.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Sl Woman beat Japan Women in 1.4 overs Empty Re: Sl Woman beat Japan Women in 1.4 overs

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 26 Jul 2013, 5:31 am

Mike Selig wrote:It should be said that this is a qualifying event. Other sports have never ever had this kind of thrashing during qualifying events. Australia have never beaten Western Samoa by some ridiculous margin at football for instance.

1.4 over is real crazy bro, but I do remember in some football match a team won like 27-0

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 26 Jul 2013, 5:32 am

Just found it, its indeed 31-0 by Aus against the team you mentioned.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Fri 26 Jul 2013, 8:09 am

It should be said that the qualifying process for the Women's world cup is far more meritocratic than for the Men's version... This may lead to the odd mismatch but also more than the odd pleasant surprise (e.g. Thailand beating the Netherlands); meanwhile Men's cricket continues to treat a surprise result with the caution it deserves and seeks to eliminate it at all cost...

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Fri 26 Jul 2013, 10:24 am

There has been real progress with the women's qualifying system. For the first time 10 rather than 8 teams will compete, primarily because Bangladesh are hosts and so 8 would exclude one of Pakistan and Sri Lanka. But this will allow a 10th team, probably Ireland, to also make it for the first time.

Presumably the qualification process for reaching the qualifier was regional, hence Thailand and Japan reaching this stage representing the East Asia/ Pacific region. However, as Mike pointed out Thailand have pulled off an almighty upset by beating the Netherlands. As the SL-Jap result shows, however, there is a big gulf between some of the teams at this event.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 26 Jul 2013, 11:39 am

I played in a Youth game up in here in Scotland when we bowled our opposition out for 4 and then won the game in one ball when they sent down 5 wides.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 26 Jul 2013, 11:49 am

I was once in a team bowled out for six... My only defence is that I was run out on 0..... off 0 balls, that was tough.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 26 Jul 2013, 12:07 pm

what!!!!!

oh my days

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 27 Jul 2013, 5:12 pm

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:I played in a Youth game up in here in Scotland when we bowled our opposition out for 4 and then won the game in one ball when they sent down 5 wides.

So you guys won without an official ball being bowled, thats victory in 0.0 overs?

In my personal experience I involved in grade IV cricket in Cardiff and we were bowled out in a T20 for 21 runs and we defended it successfully by bowling the opponents out for 15, it was nothing to do with pitch conditions it was just a mediocre batting performance by both teams and spirited bowling performance again by both teams specifically our team. Very Happy 

Last edited by invisiblecoolers on Sat 27 Jul 2013, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 27 Jul 2013, 5:13 pm

1 ball dude- there must have been a dot

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 27 Jul 2013, 5:15 pm

mystiroakey wrote:1 ball dude- there must have been a dot

Possible.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 27 Jul 2013, 5:33 pm

Crickets a tough game when it goes against you!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 27 Jul 2013, 5:37 pm

out for a duck today Graf?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 27 Jul 2013, 5:48 pm

Haha. No match until October Mystir. But I once got back to back golden ducks.. It was a pretty tough week. The first one I left a ball that hit middle stump... and the second one, I found a fielder cutting against a team with only eight players. I was prettt emotionally spent at that point
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 27 Jul 2013, 5:50 pm

My school was so rubbish we didnt play cricket against other schools.. I loved the game so much- should have joined a club- but golf took over!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 27 Jul 2013, 5:58 pm

Im the exact opposite... Loved my golf, but cricket took over... Could never go pro, but I could get one under par on a perfect day
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Mon 29 Jul 2013, 9:33 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:I played in a Youth game up in here in Scotland when we bowled our opposition out for 4 and then won the game in one ball when they sent down 5 wides.

So you guys won without an official ball being bowled, thats victory in 0.0 overs?

In my personal experience I involved in grade IV cricket in Cardiff and we were bowled out in a T20 for 21 runs and we defended it successfully by bowling the opponents out for 15, it was nothing to do with pitch conditions it was just a mediocre batting performance by both teams and spirited bowling performance again by both teams specifically our team. Very Happy 

I don't honestly know if it went down as 0.0 overs or 0.1 in the scorebook.  There was no legal ball bowled, the bowler sent down a wide that went for four and we all walked off.

My other obscure statistical claim to fame, is that I shared in a 120 run partnership with Ed Cowan (very pre-baggy green), when he was playing as a professional up here as a youngster.  Was checking the scorecard a couple of years back when he broke through at State level and I managed 8.  Shows how the mind plays tricks on you, I could have sworn it was 9.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Mon 29 Jul 2013, 9:36 pm

kingraf wrote:I was once in a team bowled out for six... My only defence is that I was run out on 0..... off 0 balls, that was tough.

Cut short in your prime.Run 

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 29 Jul 2013, 9:54 pm

I cant for the life of me remember what I did to justify being sent to the nether regions of batting. But I can perfectly remember what happened to get me run out...

There I was, non-sriker. Batsman called yes, halfway through, he calls no... I turned, too late. 6 All Out. Little did I know I was embarking on a lifetime of run outs... Some more embarassing then others.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down