The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belfry PGA

+2
shclaff
Roller_Coaster
6 posters

Go down

Belfry PGA Empty Belfry PGA

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Our club has an auction coming up for a 4 ball + accommodation at the Belfry playing the PGA.

No idea about the place (other than it's not the Brabazon Ryder Cup course), so was wondering what price you guys (and guy esses) would say would be worth bidding up to for it?

Interest is two fold, I'm considering a sneaky cheeky bid and also I'd like to judge how well the club is doing out of it (it's been donated and the proceeds are to be split 50 50 with help for heroes)

Only real consideration that will be likely to temper the bidding is that being on the Isle of Man whoever wins it will have to fork out for travel too.

Any thoughts welcome...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Belfry PGA Empty Re: Belfry PGA

Post by shclaff Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:12 pm

Hey Roller,

I played the PGA a couple of years ago. Using 2-Fore-1 vouchers we paid £35 each. It was a pretty good course from memory (nice, slick greens and a good variety of holes). Certainly not a GREAT course by any stretch though. I remember thinking that at £35, the round was ok value but I would definitely not spend the full £70 a round there. It must be said I played pretty horribly and that generally has an impact on my view of a course!

As for the site itself, others will probably know it better but I really like the feel of the place. Obviously there’s all the Ryder Cup stuff around and it has one of the best pro shops I’ve ever come across. If you’re into your gear you could spend a week in there.

In terms of value, I’m sure I had an e-mail from a golf travel company recently that said you could get 2 rounds (including the Brabazon), dinner and b&b for £99pp. Not sure on the terms of the deal though.

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:10 pm

Stay overnight and hit the nightclub, its great to look and watch. Loads of cougars in natural habitat and traditional animal print costume. Great fun.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:53 pm

Agree with beninho, BelAir is the best thing on the property. Certainly better than the Brabazon, which is a very dull course with a handful of memorable holes. Not played the PGA but I've heard it's better. As has been pointed out you can play both and get b&b for under a oner.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rocks Microphone Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Bit unfair on the Brab saying its dull. The back nine is a pretty solid nine especially if you take a walk back to the white tees, Its a fair test then.

I worked at the Belfry for a while late 90s early 00s. PGA is a good track. Bit simple from the yellow pegs but great off the whites and an absolute monster off the Blue which I have tried on more than one occassion.
The 8th a par three can play anything from a 9 iron to a driver depending on the wind. The greens were good but still needed to mature a little when I last played it.

The Rocks Microphone

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:10 am

Golfbreaks site will give you the prices.
When I am reincarnated I want to be reborn as the carpet in the bel air

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:52 am

Mr dynamark. You have a thing for being trodden on by ladies in stilettos? Kinky.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:21 pm

Just seemed like a good place to be reborn!
Have you moved recently I thought we met with the lads at Royal Ashdown few years back and you were local to there.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:58 am

Cheers all.

It got a drunken £220 and by the sounds of the BelAir it couldn't have gone to a more appropriate ahem gentleman. I suspect quite a lot of his shirts may well be made from the old carpets of similar nightclubs...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down