The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stallone back in Rocky's shoes for spin-off 'Creed' movie

+13
Seanusarrilius
J.Benson II
Small Time
Union Cane
hampo17
Cast a Shadow
Valero's Conscience
Rodney
bellchees
Atila
kingraf
superflyweight
Strongback
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stallone back in Rocky's shoes for spin-off 'Creed' movie Empty Stallone back in Rocky's shoes for spin-off 'Creed' movie

Post by Strongback Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:47 am

Stallone actor-and-producer has teamed up with 'Fruitvale Station' director Ryan Coogler and the film's buzz-worthy star Michael B. Jordan, who will play the grandson of original "Rocky" character Apollo Creed - played by Carl Weathers in previous films - for a new chapter in the franchise.

According to Deadline, the film is a passion project for Coogler and the director reportedly pitched the idea to Stallone, who immediately jumped on board and agreed to produce and star in the film.

The pair then wowed executives at movie studio MGM, who own the rights to the "Rocky'" franchise, resulting in the film being green-lit.

In the new movie, Jordan will play the grandson of Rocky's rival-turned-confidante, Apollo Creed, who turns to the champion boxer to help train him in the ring. Impressed by the sprightly young upstart's athletic ability, the ageing Rocky is coaxed out of retirement and agrees to help his late pal's relative.

Apollo Creed appeared in the first four "Rocky" movies and was initially introduced as the titular character's toughest opponent in the boxing ring, but the pair soon grew to respect each other and became friends. The popular character was killed off in 1985's "Rocky IV" after taking a fatal blow in the ring.

"Creed" will mark the seventh movie in the "Rocky" franchise, which first hit the big screen in 1976.

Since then, Stallone has reprised the role in numerous sequels - most recently including 2006's "Rocky Balboa".

Both Coogler and Jordan have earned Oscar buzz for "Fruitvale Station", an upcoming biopic about the fatal shooting of teenager Oscar Grant at the hands of a police officer.

Jordan - who also starred in hit sci-fi thriller "Chronicle" - has been garnering lots of attention in Hollywood recently and is being considered a frontrunner to play the Human Torch in 20th Century Fox's "Fantastic Four" reboot.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Stallone back in Rocky's shoes for spin-off 'Creed' movie Empty Re: Stallone back in Rocky's shoes for spin-off 'Creed' movie

Post by Strongback Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:48 am

The kid that Rocky is training is Wallace from the Wire.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Stallone back in Rocky's shoes for spin-off 'Creed' movie Empty Re: Stallone back in Rocky's shoes for spin-off 'Creed' movie

Post by superflyweight Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:14 am

Well that's bloody ruined Rocky IV for me! Apollo dies? Damn!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:09 am

Superfly - That must suck, imagine my suprise when I found out Bruce Willis doesnt die in Die Hard.... ever!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:48 am

I'll have to Google who this Michael B. Jordan is and what he looks like, because The Human Torch is historically (if that's the right word) a white guy, and Apollo Creed's grandson would surely be black.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:04 am

Atila wrote:I'll have to Google who this Michael B. Jordan is and what he looks like, because The Human Torch is historically (if that's the right word) a white guy, and Apollo Creed's grandson would surely be black.

My first thought exactly.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:19 am

I'm no mathematician but Apollo was killed in IV approx 26 years ago, Lets give Apollo a ring age of 36 when he died. How old was his son or daughter ? I thought he only had 2 lovely Labradors.

Surely Apollos grandson can be about 9/10 year old maximum?

I'm just looking forward to hear Mickeys voice again, poor blokes been dead for 30 years and he's starred in every film.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:28 am

Apollo was 32 when Rocky I was created. And nearing 40, in Rocky IV
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:31 am

Ridiculous if true.

It will probably star an old Clubba Lang who's now found god like George Foreman and a defected Ivan Drago with all his knowledge of KJB PED's to save the day!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:34 am

Look out for a Klitschko cameo... I can see it now!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast a Shadow Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:14 am

This is pretty tragic - talk about flogging a dead horse...

By IV, the Rocky machine had already passed its Godfather III moment. The Tommy Morrison film was dreadful, and the last pitiful effort a damn sight worse than that.

Rocky has become the Evander Holyfield of film franchises, and I fail to see the funny side as 1-3 were actually quite good.

Cast a Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:16 am

I didn't mind the last one. A lot better than Rocky 5, however I can happily watch all the Rocky films, grew up watching them.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:19 am

I was walking down the corridor of an office last week and a mobile phone went off with the intro to "Eye of the Tiger". My left hand was twitching, just about held back the jab.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:26 pm

bellchees wrote:
Atila wrote:I'll have to Google who this Michael B. Jordan is and what he looks like, because The Human Torch is historically (if that's the right word) a white guy, and Apollo Creed's grandson would surely be black.

My first thought exactly.
I did Google this guy and he is black or I should say African American. I just wonder how the Fantastic Four will look if he does get the part of The Human Torch?

The Human Torch is the brother of the Invisible Girl. So unless one of them was adopted, she's going to be black too.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:43 pm

Of course it made sense for you when the Torch was white and his sister was Latin(ish)...

Dont really care for The Torch (According to Jordan, no truth in the rumor, yet). Just hope for a good Rocky movie
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:19 pm

kingraf wrote:Of course it made sense for you when the Torch was white and his sister was Latin(ish)...

Dont really care for The Torch (According to Jordan, no truth in the rumor, yet). Just hope for a good Rocky movie
I don't give a s#*t to be honest about who plays the Torch. Laugh 

As for Rocky. He's just like a real professional fighter....he doesn't know when to give up. Still, I'll be honest, if Stallone does make another Rocky movie, I'll watch it when it's released on DVD.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:32 pm

Didn't Creed have two daughters? I thought in Rocky II he was saying that his kids were being bullied at school saying his dad was a chump or something because he couldn't beat Balboa. Perhaps I'm confusing him with Joe Frazier.

I just don't know or care...if the film's good no-one will be fussed as to how tenuous the links are between it and the original Rocky films.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:41 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Didn't Creed have two daughters? I thought in Rocky II he was saying that his kids were being bullied at school saying his dad was a chump or something because he couldn't beat Balboa. Perhaps I'm confusing him with Joe Frazier.

Frazier wasn't in Rocky II.

I vaguely remember Creed throwing abusive fan letters off a balcony as his wife and children took cover, haven't seen it for years though.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:42 pm

kingraf wrote:Of course it made sense for you when the Torch was white and his sister was Latin(ish)...

Jessica Alba's father is of Mexican American descent and her mother is Danish, French-Canadian, English and Italian descent......Now that we know the perfect gene splice lets hop to it and make more of her Very Happy 

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:46 pm

Cast a Shadow wrote:This is pretty tragic  - talk about flogging a dead horse...

By IV, the Rocky machine had already passed its Godfather III moment. The Tommy Morrison film was dreadful, and the last pitiful effort a damn sight worse than that.

Rocky has become the Evander Holyfield of film franchises, and I fail to see the funny side as 1-3 were actually quite good.

hampo171 wrote:I didn't mind the last one. A lot better than Rocky 5, however I can happily watch all the Rocky films, grew up watching them.

I must the only person who actually quite enjoyed Rocky 5 even though the ridiculous street fight at the end ruined it somewhat. Having said that, the boxing/fight scenes in all Rocky films were pretty ludicrous.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:47 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Creed

Children - Daughter and son (unnamed)

There we are then.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:48 pm

Union Cane wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Didn't Creed have two daughters? I thought in Rocky II he was saying that his kids were being bullied at school saying his dad was a chump or something because he couldn't beat Balboa. Perhaps I'm confusing him with Joe Frazier.

Frazier wasn't in Rocky II. I vaguely remember Creed throwing abusive fan letters off a balcony as his wife and children took cover, haven't seen it for years though.
I meant the real Joe Frazier, in real life, as per the "Joe Frazier, still right to be bitter towards Ali after all these years?" threads.

That what I meant, really!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:49 pm

Thanks for wiki-ing it .... the truth is now undisputed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:03 am

Strongback wrote:The kid that Rocky is training is Wallace from the Wire.

Good actor. He was good in Friday Night Lights TV series, too.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:12 am

J.Benson II wrote:
Cast a Shadow wrote:This is pretty tragic  - talk about flogging a dead horse...

hampo171 wrote:I didn't mind the last one. A lot better than Rocky 5, however I can happily watch all the Rocky films, grew up watching them.

I must the only person who actually quite enjoyed Rocky 5 even though the ridiculous street fight at the end ruined it somewhat. Having said that, the boxing/fight scenes in all Rocky films were pretty ludicrous.

Nope, I'm with you also! Always enjoyed Rocky V, had plenty of great lines: "Touch me and I'll sue", "You knocked him down, why don't you try knocking me down", "My ring's outside".

Classic stuff.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:37 am

The theory behind Rocky V was okay, sadly the execution was woeful

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:56 am

Bring back Clubber Lang!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-ntFroiHOA

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:16 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Strongback wrote:The kid that Rocky is training is Wallace from the Wire.

Good actor. He was good in Friday Night Lights TV series, too.

Wow, Wallace is all grown up...

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:44 am

DAVE667 wrote:The theory behind Rocky V was okay, sadly the execution was woeful

Basically lifted the Tyson story (Gunn as Tyson, the Don King guy as.....Don King).

They even stole an entire Cus D'Amato monologue.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:08 am

DAVE667 wrote:The theory behind Rocky V was okay, sadly the execution was woeful

Yeah, but I thought the same could be said of all the Rocky movies.

Rocky IV for instance could have been an intelligent political movie about how a sporting event can intensify the rivarly between the United States and the Soviet Union.
Instead, it was just an entertaining but cliched, "against-all-odds" popcorn film.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:26 am

J.Benson II wrote:

Yeah, but I thought the same could be said of all the Rocky movies.

Rocky IV for instance could have been an intelligent political movie about how a sporting event can intensify the rivarly between the United States and the Soviet Union.
Instead, it was just an entertaining but cliched, "against-all-odds" popcorn film.
Nah, it was a typical American 80's "the Russians are bad and therefore we will beat them because it's our God given right"

Rocky I - Balboa gets the chance of a lifetime and earns a respectable draw.

Rocky II - Balboa, happy with his one shot at the big time, is reluctantly dragged into a rematch

Rocky III - Balboa realises that he has been, as Hagler said, "Sleeping on silk sheets" learns to rededicate himself to the sport

Rocky IV - as mentioned above

Rocky V - B*ll*cks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:51 am

He lost in the first one, Dave.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:42 pm

Carl Weathers is a hard act to follow.......The twinkle in the eyes...the charisma....the acting ability.....My favorite beefster from the 80s..

Action Jackson is still one of my favorite films.......as is Predator.....

Sorry they are going to do this...They'll ruin it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Carl Weathers is a hard act to follow.......The twinkle in the eyes...the charisma....the acting ability.....My favorite beefster from the 80s..

Dear me, you're more in love with Carl Weathers than you are with yourself

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:54 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Carl Weathers is a hard act to follow.......The twinkle in the eyes...the charisma....the acting ability.....My favorite beefster from the 80s..

Dear me, you're more in love with Carl Weathers than you are with yourself

No chance of that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:07 pm

I always got the feeling Carl Weathers wasn't a good guy.

He refused to allow Stallone to use footage of Apollo Creed when Sly was making Rocky Balboa. Weathers wanted an acting part despite the fact his character was dead. When Stallone told him he would love to give him his old part but couldn't Weathers spat the dummy and refused to allow his image to be used.

Weathers career also fell of a cliff in the early nineties which wasn't a great reflection on his character.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:09 pm

Strongback wrote:I always got the feeling Carl Weathers wasn't a good guy.

He refused to allow Stallone to use footage of Apollo Creed when Sly was making Rocky Balboa.  Weathers wanted an acting part despite the fact his character was dead.  When Stallone told him he would love to give him his old part but couldn't Weathers spat the dummy and refused to allow his image to be used.

Weathers career also fell of a cliff in the early nineties which wasn't a great reflection on his character.

He's black which doesn't help.....Where is richard Roundtree............Probably wanted paying off Stallone like all other actors would....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:14 pm

Either that or Carl's petty.

Can't see him showing up in an Expendables movie with his attitude.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:15 pm

Well as you always see the worst in everyone who isn't Irish I'd expect you to think that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:32 pm

A bit like you don't like Panamanians, especially if they are Top 10 all time great fighters.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:34 pm

When I come across one that it is.....I'll tell you why I don't like them..Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:39 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:When I come across one that it is.....I'll tell you why I don't like them..Cool 

There's no need to introduce the Peter North fantasies.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:46 pm

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:When I come across one that it is.....I'll tell you why I don't like them..Cool 

It was DAVE667 that brought Peter North up all those moons ago (pardon the pun).....Never seen any of his movies...But Tracy Adams well must confess ..seen plenty of hers..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:07 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

It was DAVE667 that brought Peter North up all those moons ago (pardon the pun).....Never seen  any of his movies...But Tracy Adams well must confess ..seen plenty of hers..
However, my dear chap, it was you who informed the board that Peter North started his career in gay porn.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:08 am

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

It was DAVE667 that brought Peter North up all those moons ago (pardon the pun).....Never seen  any of his movies...But Tracy Adams well must confess ..seen plenty of hers..
However, my dear chap, it was you who informed the board that Peter North started his career in gay porn.

I think it was DAVE669 that did that..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:10 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

I think was DAVE669 that did that..
Think all you like (you need to start eventually) but....you're wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:52 am

From memory Truss listed his favorite pornstars and included Peter North in his list. Then he told us about how Peter's career started in the "business".

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:06 am

I assume this is another lie...like "Dorian Yates doesn't use the smith machine for squats"

and then...."I never said that"

okay Mate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:14 am

Liar eh.........does this look familiar

Message 7. Posted by TRUSSMAN55 on Thursday, 3rd June 2010 permalink
LIST OF PORNSTARS FROM THE 80's

1. Ginger Lynn
2. Amber Lynn
3. Nina Hartley
4. Tracy Adams
5. John Holmes (Larry's brother smiley - winkeye )
6. Seka
7. Peter North

Number 1 P4P was Tracy Adams

Only know all this because someone told me smiley - winkeye

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/html/NF17598868?thread=7542646

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:35 am

Why do you keep digging up old threads to chuck at me all the time...have you got nothing better to do..

Obviously It's tongue in cheek...........

DAVE already admitted to bringing him up first...

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:42 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next