The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Was Right ... I Was Wrong ...

+3
JamesLincs
Kid Vicious
JoshSansom
7 posters

Go down

I Was Right ... I Was Wrong ... Empty I Was Right ... I Was Wrong ...

Post by JoshSansom Fri 02 Aug 2013, 2:56 pm

Hopefully a thread to generate some lively discussion. Whenever a new character or angle debuts we all comment on whether we think it will be a success or a failure; how it should end or how it will play out. So, in light of this which angles have you been right about, and which were you wide of the mark?

I Was Right

CM Punk would hold the WWE title until Royal Rumble

When it was announced that CM Punk would face Ryback for the title I predicted that he would retain and then face the Rock at Royal Rumble instead of a TNA style quick title change. 1-0 to me!

Face Sheamus Would Suck

Usual story: heel character is good; heel character gets cheered; WWE hears cheers and turns heel character face; face character sucks.

Sheamus was a great heel - angry and vicious. As a face he is goofy and annoying. I get all the arguments about him appealing to children and potentially being the uber-face to allow John Cena to change his character; however, he sucks the life out of every angle or storyline.

Joe Hennig Would Be Rubbish If Called Up

Possibly controversial one here. Yes he is good in the ring, but he has a rubbish look, little charisma and no mic skills. The IC title seems to be his launchpad whereas, in terms of ability, it should (in my opinion) be his ceiling. Unfortunately his association with Paul Heyman has merely made him look wooden and ordinary in comparison to CM Punk. Personally I can't see how things can change. He is Lesnar's patsy at the moment, has an awful and so far unnamed finishing move and is perhaps worse on the mic than Jack Swagger.

I Was Wrong

Miz Would Be Pushed As a Top Face in WWE

... Yeah, not so good... :/

Damien Sandow Would Quickly Become a Jobber

When he debuted I loved the Sandow character - and I still do. However, I didn't see any longevity in it despite his talent on the mic. I thought that the character would quickly descend into a comedy heel role of crowd bashing followed by big face beatdowns and he would end up with the credibility of 3MB. Happily, I was wrong!

Jack Swagger's Return Would Be Great

In absence the heart grows fonder... or at least in absence you forget the things that were wrong in the first place. No I am not talking about an ex-partner, but Jack Swagger. In his absence from TV I began to think 'WWE is really missing Swagger', 'this is a role Swagger could play' and all the other platitudes that came to mind.

Swagger returned - GREAT! - with a manager - even better... - and won the Elimination Chamber - hats off to you for that one WWE. But then they didn't follow through and he didn't perform. Swagger was higher than Khali, looked more and more ordinary with each appearance while the WWE didn't pull the trigger at WrestleMania as they should have to boost both Swagger and ADR.

Neither won from that outcome as a heel win and face chase could have rescued both the All-American, American (or whatever his gimmick is now) and also ADR's face run.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

I Was Right ... I Was Wrong ... Empty Re: I Was Right ... I Was Wrong ...

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 02 Aug 2013, 5:56 pm

Such a shame this thread has done nothing today. It's a good idea.

Where I was right:
CM Punk winning the latest, seemingly weekly, "who's the bestest wrestler ever in the world ever" poll.

Where I was wrong:
Randy Orton's attacker does appear to be the local "it's still real to me dammit" nut bag; I predicted a WWE plant. Kid V can't be right all the time.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 02 Aug 2013, 6:47 pm

although it might make me look like a smark, i predicted cm punks title push in 2011 and even weirder, i was pretty much spot on with the storyline. (being held back, etc)

the recent orton attack was obviously real, atleast to me.

there was another incident in 2012 i think that i had got right despite everyone saying different.

i was wrong about ryback deadlifting mark henry, i thought it wasnt possible, although its disputable whether he did the actual move and without assistance.

jericho i think had a few people fooled when the 'end of the world' promos were going on, but he made it too obvious that it was him, imo.

smark.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 03 Aug 2013, 12:54 am

Can't think of many, if any times I was right

I did write a fantasy booking about how Punk should cash in his MITB on Jeff Hardy and form a straight edge faction about 2-3 months before it actually happened, was done with a pen and paper though so it was never committed to 606

Times I was wrong, I called Chris Benoit to win the ECW championship at Night of Champions 07

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sat 03 Aug 2013, 11:28 am

I Was Right (kind of): Fandango

When those vignettes first aired, everybody instantly wrote him off. They thought he would be rubbish, they thought he would be a joke and some even said he wouldnt debut. I just had this feeling. I had a feeling he would go on to do somehting big which he did by beating Chris Jericho in his debut match at Wrestlemania. Whichever way you look at it, thats huge. I also had a feeling there would be a vicious edge to him, there was just something about the way he looked at the camera after saying his name made me think this. And sure enough he viciously attacked Jericho a few times and also how he acted in the "dance off" with Jericho and his partner proved it. Fans started to get into it and his theme tune and I was kind of proved right. And then that damn concussion happened. That seems to have killed him a bit now as he seems to be a jobber at the moment. Its really annoying as if it didnt happen, Im sure he would be the Intercontinental champion right now and still being pushed. Hopefully his push picks up again soon because I think he is brilliant.

I Was Wrong And Then Right - Ryback

First off I was 100% sure that Ryback would cleanly beat Mark Henry at Wrestlemania and that would be his beg defining moment. I was wrong, but straight after that match as I was trying to make sense of things, I just had a feeling. I had a feeling that they had lost a bit of interest in him, so I made a prediction right there and then that he would go from main event face to midcard heel. Sure enough I was right, because the next night on Raw he turned heel, and now he is a sure fire midcarder.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 06 Aug 2013, 12:48 am

I cant say I can think of anything really. I still feel that I am right about Ryback being better than just some big lump.

I will wonder whether there is anything to Vince saying he would like a new champion, someone around 23 years old. Theres a champion in the company at the moment who fans are seemingly split on, NXT's 23 year old Champ Bo Dallas. No doubt this will become one I was wrong about, but maybe, just maybe, there was something in that statement.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 06 Aug 2013, 2:13 am

I was right about Christian becoming a World Champion in WWE although I thought it would have been far more notable.

In late 09 when Bret was first mentioned bu some guest host I mocked anyone who dared suggest mentioning him meant he was going to show up.

I know jow Wrestling works, dont promote what you cant provide 'n' all that but I just never thought I'd see the day Hart was back in a McMahon ring

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down